UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still curious what role the youth played in this, or how he would be held to blame if the parents are accused of the murder.
They are not "the parents".
AW is Logan's mother. JC is her boyfriend.
The youth is associated with JC but not thought to be related to any of them.

They are all complicit in the violence inflicted on Logan, but my guess, going on what we have heard so far, is that the youth was responsible for the worst of it.

I didn't read that it meant that LW went to the fridge on the night before he died?
I thought JC just meant that in general, suggesting that LW did get up during the night as a cover for the 'wandering off' story.

I think that the so called bad behavior during the evening of 30th was due to LW being in so much pain from the beating's he'd suffered and was in agony and distress.

MOO
No, I didn't think it referred to the night that Logan died, I think he was referring to Logan's behavior in general, trying to imply that he was a difficult child when in reality, the poor child was probably hungry most of the time.

I didn't read that it meant that LW went to the fridge on the night before he died?
I thought JC just meant that in general, suggesting that LW did get up during the night as a cover for the 'wandering off' story.

I think that the so called bad behavior during the evening of 30th was due to LW being in so much pain from the beating's he'd suffered and was in agony and distress.

MOO
No, I didn't think it referred to the night that Logan died, I think he was referring to Logan's behavior in general, trying to imply that he was a difficult child when in reality, the poor child was probably hungry most of the time.

Reading a report further up: 'During the night he said Logan would go to the fridge and help himself to food and water despite being told not to. He said Logan had wandered off once before at a party'
Given that the police said that there was very little food in the house and the statement in court from one of AW's friends who said she'd bought a big KFC box and logan wasn't allowed any, I'd say poor Logan was hungry but they are trying to infer that he was badly behaved. A witness also said that Logan had lost weight and looked pale. Poor child was hungry and they are trying to imply that this little boy was difficult.
As for the wandering off, it happens, he was a small child, I'm sure most of us have had something similar with our children.

I believe the context of this evidence is, once they were moved from the flat at Llansantffraid to Maesglas, there was little food there. So there may or may not have been in the flat where Logan lived, we don't know. But it's understandable that there might not have been food at the Maesglas property, as they were all staying at the flat

They are not "the parents".
AW is Logan's mother. JC is her boyfriend.
The youth is associated with JC but not thought to be related to any of them.
They are all complicit in the violence inflicted on Logan, but my guess, going on what we have heard so far, is that the youth was responsible for the worst of it.

As to the bolded, I think that ALL 3 are equally responsible, even if the 14 yr old did the most physical damage. Logan's mother was responsible for caring for and protecting her son. She totally failed him, on every level. She should have taken him for medical care and she should have kept the violent youth away from her son, at the very least.

JC was responsible for the 14 yr old. So any violence perpetrated by the youth, was also JC's responsibility. In fact, JC encouraged and incited that violence. So all 3 of these creatures were equally responsible for that poor child's brutal death.

As to the bolded, I think that ALL 3 are equally responsible, even if the 14 yr old did the most physical damage. Logan's mother was responsible for caring for and protecting her son. She totally failed him, on every level. She should have taken him for medical care and she should have kept the violent youth away from her son, at the very least.

JC was responsible for the 14 yr old. So any violence perpetrated by the youth, was also JC's responsibility. In fact, JC encouraged and incited that violence. So all 3 of these creatures were equally responsible for that poor child's brutal death.
Yes - I said that they were all complicit.
But I get the impression that the youth has sadistic tendencies and actively enjoys inflicting pain.
Whereas with the adults it was probably a product of varying combinations of impatience, anger and dislike.

From SpursGyal link above

No Trial Until Friday

10:59Philip Dewey

Case adjourned until Friday

Mrs Justice Jefford DBE tells the court a juror member has tested positive for Covid-19 and is unable to sit for the time being.

The decision is made for the trial to break off until Friday at least until the juror recovers.

Counsel say they are confident to make up the time lost and the trial is still estimated to last around eight weeks.

From SpursGyal link above

No Trial Until Friday

10:59Philip Dewey

Case adjourned until Friday

Mrs Justice Jefford DBE tells the court a juror member has tested positive for Covid-19 and is unable to sit for the time being.

The decision is made for the trial to break off until Friday at least until the juror recovers.

Counsel say they are confident to make up the time lost and the trial is still estimated to last around eight weeks.

I thought the rules had changed now that someone doesn't need to isolate if tested positive with no symptoms?
Anyhow, with a jury of twelve people, one hopes this remains an isolated 'positive' so that justice can be served for Logan in good time

I thought the rules had changed now that someone doesn't need to isolate if tested positive with no symptoms?
Anyhow, with a jury of twelve people, one hopes this remains an isolated 'positive' so that justice can be served for Logan in good time

We still have to isolate in Wales. I believe the rules changes again for us on the 28th March to not have to isolate and wear masks in shops etc.

Last edited:
This early article from Aug 5, 2021, cites neighbor surprised to learn the couple engaged because JC wasn't around much -- I wondered if he worked long hours (as a carer) and/or overnight since we know he didn't live far from AW/LM residence.

Stepdad of boy, 5, found dead in river charged with murder

[..]

Neighbours said detectives had seized video from the family's doorbell camera.

A local man said: "One of our neighbours said that the mum had a camera fitted on her doorbell. The police took the doorbell."

[..]

A neighbour said: "It was a surprise when she said they were engaged because her partner wasn't around all the time.

ETA: additional link

5 Aug 2021 Who is John Cole ( Step-father, 39, is charged with murdering son, 5 ) Wiki, Bio, Age, Crime, Incident details, Investigations and More Facts

Last edited:
In your link he is described as a "caretaker" ;)
I dunno. In both American and British English, a "caretaker" is generally someone who cares for something that isn't a person such as one who attends the burial grounds/cemetery. In the medical world, caretaker, caregiver, care worker are generally the same-- person employed to take care of a person or a child fulfills all the responsibilities alike. Take your pick...

ETA: Personally, I prefer "carer" as in the 2016 film "The Carer" with Brian Cox. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member