UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
12:52PHILIP DEWEY
'I did not kill Logan'
The trial resumes. Barrister Peter Rouch QC continues his cross-examination of witness John Cole.

He asks Cole about Williamson’s medication, claiming she took her medication and fell asleep at 10.45pm on July 30 last year. Mr Rouch said: “I know you dispute that.”

Cole said: “Correct. She was awake.”

Mr Rouch said: “I’m going to suggest she went to sleep and didn’t wake until 5.30ish.”

Cole said: “That’s not true.”

Mr Rouch said: “Whatever happened to Logan, whatever injuries he sustained, was inflicted by you and (the youth).”

Cole said: “She was awake.”

The barrister asks Cole to look at computer-generated images of Logan’s injuries. He said some of the injuries were consistent with knuckle punches.

Cole said: “I did not punch Logan… I’m not a doctor so I don’t know but I didn’t punch Logan.”

Mr Rouch said: “[Williamson] wouldn’t punch Logan in the face with a knuckle punch?”

Cole said: “No, I’ve never said Angharad punched him.”

The barrister refers to paediatrician Dr Deborah Stalker making reference to knuckle punches.

Cole said: “That’s one of the explanations the doctor gave but the doctor didn’t say specifically it was a knuckle punch.”

The barrister referred to a kick to Logan’s back.

Mr Rouch said: “Angharad wouldn’t have kicked Logan in the back would she?”

Cole said: “I never said Angharad did.”

Mr Rouch said: “On the Thursday you and [the youth] worked together. You punched him and he swept his legs. You both said you didn’t like him.”

Cole said: “I did not… I did not kill Logan.”

Mr Rouch said: “And you were the ones to get rid of the body.”

Cole said: “Angharad was awake, Angharad woke me up.”

Williamson could be heard sobbing and groaning in the dock at this point.
Logan Mwangi 'made to do press-ups and sit-ups', says stepdad

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 12:56PHILIP DEWEY
    Williamson retches and cries out as Cole is questioned
    Peter Rouch QC, for Anghard Williamson, continues questioning John Cole. The barrister asks about Logan’s body being moved from 5 Lower Llansantffraid. He takes the defendant through a document of his previous convictions.

Mr Rouch said: “You say [Logan] had no top on him. Why did you put on a top?”

Cole said: “Angharad wanted him to have a top on.”

Mr Rouch said: “What were you going to do with his body? You thought to put him in a black Nike bag.”

Cole said: “I don’t know, I wasn’t thinking clearly at all.”

Mr Rouch said: “Why did you make prepared statements rather than answering questions?”

Cole said: “Because I was advised to… I did answer questions in my interview so I did speak to the police.”

Mr Rouch said: “You didn’t mention a Nike bag."

Cole said: “I wasn’t asked…. I wasn’t thinking clearly… I answered to the best of my ability at the time.” The defendant added: “I’ve tried to be honest as I can.”

Mr Rouch said: “How did you manage to get Logan in the black bag?” The bag is brought into the courtroom and Williamson again starts crying and retching.

Cole said: “Me and Angharad put him in the bag.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you have to cram him in to get him in?”

Cole said: “I don’t remember… I wasn’t thinking clearly.”

Williamson shouted: “You liar…. I can’t do this.”

Mr Rouch said: “What were you going to do? It’s not everyday you walk around with a dead five-year-old. Did you walk around Pandy Park for an hour?”

Cole said: “I didn’t walk around Pandy Park for an hour.”

Mr Rouch said: “Why not leave him in the park or by the bushes? Why by the river? Why near running water?”

Cole said: “I don’t know….. I wasn’t thinking clearly at all. I still don’t know now.”

Mr Rouch said: “Let’s look where Logan was found.”

Cole said: “I don’t want you to…. I didn’t put him in the river.”

Mr Rouch said: “You can see him surrounded by water……”

Cole said: “I didn’t put him in the river, I put him by the edge…. I know I didn’t put him in the river.”

Mr Rouch said: “How on earth did he get there? He was a dead child.”

Cole said: “I’ve answered to the best of my ability…. It was pitch black at night and I put him on the edge of the river.”

Mr Rouch said: “You put him in the river didn’t you?”

Cole said: “No I didn’t.”

Mr Rouch said: “Why did you take him out of the bag?”

Cole said: “I don’t know.”
  • Logan Mwangi 'made to do press-ups and sit-ups', says stepdad

Oh they absolutely can! Facial expression is one of the first forms of communication, and it's instinctive.

I have a three year old so 100% understand the facial communication, regardless though I wouldn't ever refer to a child as giving a dirty look. The way JC talks about Logan is just a reflection of the way he thought about him rather than the actual way Logan looked/behaved. But jmo.

• 13:07 PHILIP DEWEY
    Cole asked about the youth defendant
    Defendant John Cole, who is being cross-examined by Peter Rouch QC, is asked about the moment he saw the youth next to him by the river. He said: “I just told him to go back.”

Mr Rouch said: “You wouldn’t want to walk on the bridge, around Pandy Park, carrying the body of a dead five-year-old with [the youth] in tow?”

Cole said: “I don’t know… I literally turned round and I saw [the youth].”

Mr Rouch said: “You only see him after you had taken Logan out of the bag… When you dumped the body of Logan he wasn’t there?”

Cole said: “When I took [Logan] out of the bag that’s when I heard [the youth]. I’ve answered this question.”

Mr Rouch said: “You weren’t aware of him before that?” Cole said: “No.”

The barrister asks for CCTV footage to be played at 2.43am on July 31 which shows Cole leaving 5 Lower Llansantffraid carrying Logan’s body. The youth is seen walking behind him moments later.

Cole said: “I walked out and I wasn’t paying attention.”

Mr Rouch said: “You were shoulder-to-shoulder.”

Cole said: “Play it as many times as you like, I didn’t see [the youth]... I didn’t look back, I just carried on walking.”

Mr Rouch puts it to him that they were "quite clearly...together". Cole said: “No because I didn’t see the youth until I came back up from the river.”

When asked about Logan’s bedroom window Cole said he and Williamson opened the window before phoning the police.

Mr Rouch asks if he asked the youth to open Logan’s window and the back door.

Cole said: “No, that didn’t happen.”

The trial adjourns and will resume at 2pm.
  • Logan Mwangi 'made to do press-ups and sit-ups', says stepdad

seeing the bag must be hard for the jurors... very visual.

i wonder why he's so adamant he never put him in the river, almost as if it's somehow better by the edge of the river? like you discarded a dead child regardless there's no way to make it sound any better

seeing the bag must be hard for the jurors... very visual.

i wonder why he's so adamant he never put him in the river, almost as if it's somehow better by the edge of the river? like you discarded a dead child regardless there's no way to make it sound any better
I guess he hoped Logan's body would be swept by the tide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1