UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think because the youth was saying when they were disposing of the black bin bags & it was pitch black according to the youth & he couldn’t see anything..as we know JC had Logan in a sports bag maybe the dog tag being a metal it lights up in the dark so this makes out the youth is lying..also just outside of the flat there’s also a streetlight so the youth must of saw what JC was carrying JMO.

There must have been enough light to pick them up on CCTV and for them to see where they were going - So I don't believe it was 'pitch black' as the youth said.
It would be interesting to know whether the home CCTV had infrared capability, but I'm not sure that door cam does.

Im sure the tag said AL Hunt. I recall asking my collegue who Al Hunt was when we was discussing this case.

I think they mentioned that bank cards in the name of A L Hunt and Williamson were evidence removed from Maesglas. I don’t think any specific details about the ‘dog tag’ have been reported as yet, apart from its existence. Will have a look for the reports.

Last edited:
Logan Mwangi 'made to do press-ups and sit-ups', says stepdad
PHILIP DEWEY
John Cole back in the witness box as case resumes

The trial resumes.

John Cole continues to give evidence and Peter Rouch QC, for Angharad Williamson, continues his cross-examination. The next topic of discussion is the use of the naughty corner with Logan.

Mr Rouch said: “When you would go to her flat if Logan wound her up she would try to distract him by getting him to colour something or look at books.”

Cole said: “We both did.”

Mr Rouch said: “At that time Logan was three… if he was naughty she would place him in the naughty corner and she would leave him there for four to five minutes.”

Cole said: “Five to 10 minutes.”

Mr Rouch said: “She was into 'positive parenting', as she called it, and aged four it meant you left the child on the naughty step/naughty corner for four/five minutes matching his age. That’s what she wanted to do when she was in charge of him.”

Cole said: “Not always.”

Mr Rouch said: “Logan didn’t like to be in the naughty corner and would find excuses to go out, said he wanted to go to the toilet, would pinch himself, and would try to talk to his mother when he was in the naughty corner.”

Cole said: “Correct.”

Mr Rouch said: “You became more and more into Angharad and Logan’s life and when Logan was in the naughty corner and doing his best to come out of it. Would you say to Angharad: ‘Don’t respond to him, you can’t reward him by giving in to him’?"

Cole said: “If he needed the toilet we would take him to the toilet."

Mr Rouch said: “If he tried to get out of the naughty corner you would say the time starts fresh and five minutes would turn to 10 minutes and 10 minutes would turn to 15 minutes. He could be in the naughty corner for 25 minutes to 30 minutes.”

Cole said: “No.”

Mr Rouch said: “And it was you who told him to face the wall and you said he gave you dirty looks?”

Cole said: “He gave us both dirty looks.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you get him to do press-ups?”

Cole said: “We both did.”

Mr Rouch said: “Would his arms be quivering from the strain of it?”

Cole said: “No.”

Last edited by a moderator:

• 11:17
11:14PHILIP DEWEY
Cole denies having partner's bank details

Barrister Peter Rouch QC, representing Angaharad Williamson, is still cross-examining defendant John Cole. The barrister turns to the topic of Williamson’s phone.

Mr Rouch said: “She always had more money coming in than you didn’t she? She was getting £1,500 a month in benefits.”

Cole said: “Not always.”

The defendant said he had a phone but would only use it when he needed to. He said: “I had nothing to do with Angharad’s finances.”

Mr Rouch said: “You would buy things over her phone using her Barclays account.”

Cole said: “I never used her accounts, I never had access to her bank accounts… If we were to buy something I would give her the money directly and she would use her phone to order the thing.”

Mr Rouch asked about the purchase of Xbox points, an Xbox controller, clothes, trainers, and gym supplements which were bought using Williamson’s Barclays account. Cole said: “Angharad bought them for me.”

Mr Rouch said: “You knew the code to unlock her phone and also knew the code for her Barclays.”

Cole said: “I never. I never had Angharad’s bank details. I never had her pin numbers or anything.”

11:16PHILIP DEWEY
Defendant questioned about YouTube use
Defendant John Cole, who is being cross-examined by Angharad Williamson's barrister Peter Rouch QC, was also asked if he would watch Dr Pimple Popper, Embarrassing Bodies, and true crime programmes.

Cole said: “They’re not my kind of programmes…. I actually find [Dr Pimple Popper] quite disgusting.”

Mr Rouch said: “You said Angharad would pop spots on your back… and you would do it to her.”

Cole said: “(Laughing) No.”

It was suggested that Cole would use Williamson’s phone to watch YouTube because her phone was always in credit.

He said: “No I’ve got my own YouTube accounts. You can check it and I don’t watch things like that.”

The jury are referred back to a video watched on Williamson’s phone on the night of Logan’s death about a BMW vehicle .

Mr Rouch said: “Angharad had never shown any interest in BMW vehicles.”

Cole said: “It depends. She would show me things and say ‘Check this out’ like the designs of motor cars.

Mr Rouch said: “It wasn’t you looking at BMWs?”

Cole said: “No, I’ve got my own account. I watch all sorts of things on YouTube.”

Mr Rouch said: “You’ve always had a problem with ingrown toenails. Would you look them up on YouTube?”

Cole said: “No, Angharad would research these items to help me with my problems.”

11:31PHILIP DEWEY
Cole asked about injuries Logan had
Barrister Peter Rouch QC, cross-examining defendant John Cole, turns to Logan Mwang’s injuries and addresses a comment in Cole’s defence statement.

Mr Rouch said: “You said Logan injured himself before when he was surfing on the stairs. 'I did not cause that, it was an accident, it happens.'"

Cole said: “That’s the time he dislocated his arm, Angharad thought, and she tried to put it back into place…. I know he said he fell down the stairs.”

Mr Rouch said: “The damage that happened to the clavicle – you said Logan fell while climbing.”

Cole said: “He said he fell off the wheelchair while climbing into the fridge.”

Mr Rouch said: “You said he was jumping around and lively. Is that accurate about his clavicle?”

Cole said: “That’s how I believe he hurt his shoulder.”

Mr Rouch said: “You did."

Cole said: “That’s the only time I can think he might have done that… We didn’t see that and the school didn’t see that.”

The defendant is then asked about a burn Logan had.

Mr Rouch said: “As soon as that happened Angharad notified a social worker and it was said it was a tap."

Cole said: “Yes, we lied.”

Mr Rouch said: “You said you fixed the thermostat.”

Cole said: “I didn’t fix the thermostat.”

Mr Rouch said: “Is it right you and she were saying to you and each other about the way you were punished as children and did you say on occasions if she was being naughty her father would take the tea spoon out and tap it on the back of her hand?”

Cole said: “The first time she told me about that was after she put it on Logan’s neck and I said: ‘What are you doing?’.”

Mr Rouch said: “I’m going to suggest the burn was from the tap but you’re using what her father did to her against her.”

Cole said: “No… she said ‘Stop waffling’ and put the teaspoon on the back of his neck.”

So at a guess these details about Logan’s injuries and the spoon incident are possibly what caused the delay. I would imagine Rouch needed to speak with AW and take instructions. MOO

Had her area changed to UC or was it still on old style benefits? £1500 a month seems a lot and it would seem IMO to be why they kept two residences on the go.
With 2 children plus housing, it’s quite easy for her benefits to have reached that much. That’s without any added for her potential health conditions.

Had her area changed to UC or was it still on old style benefits? £1500 a month seems a lot and it would seem IMO to be why they kept two residences on the go.

We had moved to universal credit, but she was likely claiming the highest amount due to her numerous disabilities; seizures, wheelchair user, hearing aids, MS…….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1