UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: no source link for quote>

Dread to think what level of performance she will produce when she is giving testimony. It will probably add another week to the trial with the inevitable breaks she will require

Last edited by a moderator:
seeing the bag must be hard for the jurors... very visual.

i wonder why he's so adamant he never put him in the river, almost as if it's somehow better by the edge of the river? like you discarded a dead child regardless there's no way to make it sound any better
I still think it must be to do with charges, or sentencing. Something there.

Is it the bag that’s caused the arguments over the last couple days, maybe?

ETA ditto, ChloLo!

From these comments it sounds as if the bag was quite small.

Mr Rouch said: “How did you manage to get Logan in the black bag?” The bag is brought into the courtroom and Williamson again starts crying and retching.

Cole said: “Me and Angharad put him in the bag.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you have to cram him in to get him in?”

Cole said: “I don’t remember… I wasn’t thinking clearly.”

Williamson could be heard sobbing and groaning in the dock

Dread to think what level of performance she will produce when she is giving testimony. It will probably add another week to the trial with the inevitable breaks she will require

I was thinking the same. I think she is going to really put on an Oscar winning performance.

In the dead hours of the morning, 3am, on a deserted pavement and a deserted park, you didn’t hear the footsteps of another 2 steps behind you? Okaaaaaaay then :rolleyes:

but just stick to ‘I wasn’t thinking clearly’. Who can dispute that? Just keep on repeating it to every question

In the dead hours of the morning, 3am, on a deserted pavement and a deserted park, you didn’t hear the footsteps of another 2 steps behind you? Okaaaaaaay then :rolleyes:

but just stick to ‘I wasn’t thinking clearly’. Who can dispute that? Just keep on repeating it to every question

One would assume that he would have been hypervigilant, given what he was doing

(Hope this edit is ok)

Yes, and you wouldn't be looking all around you to make sure no one else was about, or you hadn't disturbed a neighbour, while you were in possession of a dead child in a bag.

Cole says he doesn't know how Logan died
The trial resumes and John Cole remains in the witness box where he is being cross-examined by Peter Rouch QC, who is representing Angharad Williamson.

Mr Rouch turns to the subject of Cole dumping Logan’s pyjama top. The defendant claims Williamson ripped the pyjama top when she grabbed Logan by the collar on July 30.

The jury is asked to look at photographs of the pyjama top. Mr Rouch said: “How was that top so badly damaged?”

Cole replied: "I don’t know, I remember the top being ripped by the collar. I don’t remember the arm being ripped. When I came back I was handed it screwed up."

Mr Rouch said: “You and [the youth] left the house together didn’t you?”

Cole said: “No. [The youth] was following me.”

Mr Rouch said: “You and [the youth] left together to get rid of the pyjama top.” The defendant confirmed this was the case.

Mr Rouch said: “Tell us how Logan died.” Cole said: “I don’t know, I wish I did.”

Logan Mwangi murder trial latest as John Cole continues evidence

seeing the bag must be hard for the jurors... very visual.

i wonder why he's so adamant he never put him in the river, almost as if it's somehow better by the edge of the river? like you discarded a dead child regardless there's no way to make it sound any better

For sure. On one of my trials I took the family members/witnesses for a tour of the courtroom the week before to prepare them. The suitcase that the victim from the trial that was taking place at that time had been placed in, had been left in that empty courtroom and that ‘feeling’ is with me to this day, 13 years on, and it wasn’t even one of my cases.

'What I did was disgusting and I deserve all I get for doing that'
John Cole, who is in the witness box being cross-examined by Peter Rouch QC, is asked about a comment he made to a prison officer after his arrest

Mr Rouch said: “You said: ‘I’ve got a moral dilemma – do I go down for murder and protect [the youth].' What did you mean by that?" Cole said: “I don’t know.”

The barrister added: “You weren’t protective of Logan, were you, when you dumped his body by the river?”

Cole said: “I regret doing that. What I did was disgusting and I deserve all I get for doing that.” He added: “I don’t know what happened, I’ve heard a lot of stuff which is deeply disturbing and I don’t know what to make of it.”

Mr Rouch said: “You were implicating [the youth].” Cole said: “I’m not blaming (the youth) or Angharad. I don’t know what happened.”

'What I did was disgusting and I deserve all I get for doing that'
John Cole, who is in the witness box being cross-examined by Peter Rouch QC, is asked about a comment he made to a prison officer after his arrest

Mr Rouch said: “You said: ‘I’ve got a moral dilemma – do I go down for murder and protect [the youth].' What did you mean by that?" Cole said: “I don’t know.”

The barrister added: “You weren’t protective of Logan, were you, when you dumped his body by the river?”

Cole said: “I regret doing that. What I did was disgusting and I deserve all I get for doing that.” He added: “I don’t know what happened, I’ve heard a lot of stuff which is deeply disturbing and I don’t know what to make of it.”

Mr Rouch said: “You were implicating [the youth].” Cole said: “I’m not blaming (the youth) or Angharad. I don’t know what happened.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member