UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never accept hurting children as "common practice".
You said that burning wasn't done with malicious intent - I really don't know what to answer to you.
But then, my parents never ever laid a finger on me.

I think the point is that it doesn't hurt. It's a tiny little sting for a fraction of a second. Less painful than, for example, an insect sting. A metal spoon heated briefly in a hot drink doesn't become hot enough to cause a noticeable burn or pain. For me, it is evidence that the spoon causing the burn on his neck is a lie. It couldn't have happened that way (unless the spoon was heated some other way, such as at length on a stove ring or open flame.)

I’m sure they could prove or disprove the use of the Nike bag by checking the cctv of JC and youth returning from the riverbank.
I imagine it is considered a completely ridiculous suggestion that a five year old child could be completely concealed into a zip-opening hold-all bag, for it to warrant much inspection.

I'm sorry that we can't view the CCTV.

First, there are numerous cases where deceased individuals are hidden and/or transported in laundry bags, holdall bags, or suitcases where you don't want to believe they could fit!

I'm curious how much detail is visible on video at the hour the youth and JC were said to be leaving the flat for the river.

I'm also curious if the duo were in fact also carrying one or more black rubbish bags to the river as the youth described.

Clearly, Logan was moved to the river in the middle of the night but did they also haul rubbish as "cover" for their evil deed?

Angharad Williamson resumes her evidence
The trial resumes on Wednesday, April 6.

Angharad Williamson tells the jury the youth defendant confessed to her he had pushed Logan down the stairs.

She said: “[The youth] told me he had pushed Logan down the stairs….. I called the police…..I was shouting at him, I was emotional and upset……”

The defendant said she “never got to the bottom of it and “didn’t know what to believe”.
Logan Mwangi murder trial latest as mum gives evidence

'I didn’t realise how strict he was and how scared Logan was'
Defendant Angharad Williamson, who is being questioned by her barrister Peter Rouch QC, is asked about how Logan was punished for any misbehaviour.

Williamson said: “John [Cole] became quite strict with Logan.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you have a way of punishing Logan if he was naughty?”

Williamson said: “It’s been spoken about a lot but it was literally just the naughty corner.”

Mr Rouch said: “Where did you learn about it?”

Williamson said: “It’s Nanny 911 and Jo Frost. It’s about positive parenting and giving children time out, a minute for every year of his age.

“Logan used to go in the hallway and would stand in the corner for five minutes to calm down. I said: ‘Logan, stand there for five minutes. Take a breath’…. After the five minutes he would tell me what he had done wrong, tell me the lie, we’d have a hug and get on with the rest of the day. John didn’t like me giving me a hug and said it was rewarding bad behaviour.”

Williamson said Logan once hit her in the face while she was trying to put a pyjama top on

She said: “All kids can be rambunctious and [Cole] said ‘Don’t you break those toys, we paid good money for them’.... I told him to let him be. He mentioned dirty looks. He said: ‘[Logan’s] giving me a dirty look’, saying he snarled."

The defendant said she put a baby monitor in Logan’s room to see if he was giving dirty looks.

She said: “I felt like [Cole] was picking on him and he said: ‘No, when your back is turned you don’t see the real Logan, we need to get him in line’.”

Williamson was asked about Cole putting Logan in the naughty corner.

She said: “When I put [Logan] in the corner he’d behave quite well…. If Jay put him in the corner he was quite nervous… He’d flinch sometimes….. Jay would say: ‘Why are you flinching Logan?”

“A lot of it is looking back and asking: ‘Why did he do that?’. I thought Jay was trying to help the family, get structure in…. I feel so bad, I thought he was helping parenting. I didn’t realise how strict he was and how scared Logan was.”

The defendant said Cole would restart Logan’s five minutes in the corner again if he pinched himself or apparently gave a dirty look. Mr Rouch said: “Some children try to make excuses to come out?”

Williamson said: “Yes, he said he would need a wee…. You never know with five-year-olds…. [Cole] said: ‘You can stand there, it’s five minutes’.

She said the time in the naughty corner could vary between 15 minutes and 30 minutes.

Defendant describes 'phemonenal' holiday to Blackpool
Defendant Angharad Williamson, who is giving evidence, was asked about Logan’s stammer.

Williamson said: “He had a stammer when he started school… He’d get overexcited and couldn’t get his words out so we tried breathing exercises and seemed to get on top of it…. When Jay [moved in] his stammer became worse and he couldn’t get his words out at all….. It was horrendous, I’d ask him a question (Illustrates the stammer to the jury).”

She said Cole would get frustrated at this but this made Logan’s stammer worse.

In July they went on a holiday to Blackpool. Williamson said: “It was phenomenal, it was [Logan’s] first proper holiday…. It was beautiful.”

She said she bought the Nike holdall in a Sports Direct in Blackpool to bring back Logan’s presents and cuddly toys.

Williamson said she had £1,500 a month in benefits. She said: “I’ve got seizures so I’m not allowed to work.” She said she began financially supporting Cole.

The defendant said Cole knew the passcode for her phone and knew the password for her Barclays card to enable him to see the balances. She said Cole would give her cash if he wanted to buy something online and she would use her card to buy the items.

Williamson said: “He bought Xbox games, controllers, clothes, trainers." She said she didn’t have a lot of security on her phone and things could be easily bought online through the use of Amazon Prime

.Logan Mwangi murder trial latest as mum gives evidence

Williamson says she 'didn't know about' Logan having a collarbone fracture
Angharad Williamson, who is being questioned by her barrister Peter Rouch QC, was asked about arguments with her partner John Cole.

She said: “We’re both quite loud people…. [Cole] has got a very loud deep voice. I started off as a normal voice but when I got frustrated and I feel I was not being taken seriously I would shout a bit louder…. He would shout louder than me and I would end up crying…"

Mr Rouch said: “What were they in the main about?”

Williamson said: “Logan and sometimes the Ben [Mwangi] thing would come up. He would say ‘Logan is trying to p*** me off again’ and would try to bring it up, like a five-year-old has an agenda.”

Williamson is asked about a fracture to Logan’s collarbone She said: “I didn’t know about that. Logan never showed signs of pain or discomfort. He went to school and no-one saw anything there.”

She said health visitors and social workers saw Logan but nothing was brought to her attention. Mr Rouch said: “Were you were of any problem?” Williamson said: “I wasn’t aware at all.”

Defendant talks about Logan contracting Covid-19
Angharad Williamson, who is in the witness box being questioned by her barrister Peter Rouch QC, was asked if she was aware the youth defendant had made comments about not liking Logan or wanting to kill him.

She said: "No….I would never have let him anywhere near (Logan).”

The defendant was also asked about Logan contracting Covid. Williamson said: “He caught it on the last day of school bless him……He was in his bedroom.”

She said she wanted to open the window in Logan’s room but Cole wouldn’t allow it, saying the wind would “blow Covid around the house”.

Williamson said: “You can see in the timeline I opened it but very shortly later Jay would shut it.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did he have lots of things to occupy him?”

Williamson said: “Oh he’s got hundreds of toys, books, board games, cuddly toys, every Paw Patrol that has come out.”

Mr Rouch said: “You and John Cole took Covid very seriously?”

Williamson said: “Yes, Logan wore a mask to school and we had one specially made….. [When in isolation] I asked him to put his mask on and he’d just sit on the end of the bed and I’d put his food down. Jay wouldn’t like me talking to him and said he needed to face away to stop the germs coming out…. We had lots of arguments about that – he was just a little boy.”

I think the point is that it doesn't hurt. It's a tiny little sting for a fraction of a second. Less painful than, for example, an insect sting. A metal spoon heated briefly in a hot drink doesn't become hot enough to cause a noticeable burn or pain. For me, it is evidence that the spoon causing the burn on his neck is a lie. It couldn't have happened that way (unless the spoon was heated some other way, such as at length on a stove ring or open flame.)

With all due respect this is incorrect. If you're talking a brief stir then no, it's unlikely the spoon was hot enough but pouring water fresh from the kettle onto a spoon in a cup and then placing on particularly delicate childhood skin does cause a burn. I know from experience. I don't know whether AW did it in a malicious way or not, but I don't agree with the ruling it out as a painless insignificant event.

Jo frost has a LOT to answer for!

Supernanny (her tv show) parenting was VERY much a thing here in the UK and whilst not all of it was or is bad advice, it wasn't always clear how these techniques should be implemented.

Defendant talks about Logan contracting Covid-19
Angharad Williamson, who is in the witness box being questioned by her barrister Peter Rouch QC, was asked if she was aware the youth defendant had made comments about not liking Logan or wanting to kill him.

She said: "No….I would never have let him anywhere near (Logan).”

The defendant was also asked about Logan contracting Covid. Williamson said: “He caught it on the last day of school bless him……He was in his bedroom.”

She said she wanted to open the window in Logan’s room but Cole wouldn’t allow it, saying the wind would “blow Covid around the house”.

Williamson said: “You can see in the timeline I opened it but very shortly later Jay would shut it.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did he have lots of things to occupy him?”

Williamson said: “Oh he’s got hundreds of toys, books, board games, cuddly toys, every Paw Patrol that has come out.”

Mr Rouch said: “You and John Cole took Covid very seriously?”

Williamson said: “Yes, Logan wore a mask to school and we had one specially made….. [When in isolation] I asked him to put his mask on and he’d just sit on the end of the bed and I’d put his food down. Jay wouldn’t like me talking to him and said he needed to face away to stop the germs coming out…. We had lots of arguments about that – he was just a little boy.”

No AW - he was YOUR little boy :mad:

I can't comprehend being in love with and staying with someone who has such a dislike of my son. I'm sure she isn't the first and won't be the last woman to do so, but it's really hard to understand.

Logan taken out for a walk in early hours of the morning, says mum
Defendant Angharad Williamson is asked about the week beginning July 26, 2021, the week of Logan’s death.

Her barrister, Peter Rouch QC, said: “Did Logan go out at all?”

Williamson said: “Either Monday or Tuesday, it was half past midnight. He hadn’t had much exercise, he’d woken up all hot and bothered. Jay needed to get stuff from 20 Maesglas….. You can see us walking in and out of the house to put the bins out, we were having a big clear-out.

“I said: 'Why don’t you take him for a walk to burn off some energy?' So he took him to a walk to Maesglas… It’s about five or six minutes.”

Evidence was previously heard from Callum Williams that he saw Logan during a video chat with Cole who was at the property in Maesglas.

With all due respect this is incorrect. If you're talking a brief stir then no, it's unlikely the spoon was hot enough but pouring water fresh from the kettle onto a spoon in a cup and then placing on particularly delicate childhood skin does cause a burn. I know from experience. I don't know whether AW did it in a malicious way or not, but I don't agree with the ruling it out as a painless insignificant event.

I think the alleged incident indicated the spoon was dabbed on Logans neck - not held there - this was my personal experience too - tea stirred and a dab with the spoon and a 'clear off out the way' - not a spoon sat in fresh boiling water and then held on the skin ...

Either way, I'm not convinced that's how logans neck was burned.

I was at the end of my tether with lies'
Angharad Williamson is asked about the events of July 29, 2021.

She said: “I had my beautiful stereo and there was all stickiness underneath and I was furious, I wanted to know who had done it. I called up Jay and said: ‘Who has split things on my stereo?'”

When asked if she thought it was Logan, she said: “No, he was isolating in his room.”

She added “[Cole] was very dismissive of it…. He didn’t take me seriously. He was very protective of his Xbox…. I was at the end of my tether with lies… He was very dismissive and I wasn’t happy about it.”

Her barrister Peter Rouch QC then asked about Dr Pimple Popper videos.

Williamson said: “Spot-popping is quite satisfactory because it’s cleanliness and clean…. I used to [pop spots] on Jay’s back and I’m quite sweaty so he would do my back.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did John Cole watch the programme?” Williamson said: “Yeah.”

Mr Rouch said: “There’s also a programme called Embarrassing Bodies?” Williamson said: “It’s extraordinary people who have something different with their bodies and it was quite inspirational.” She said Cole had ingrown toenails.

Mr Rouch said: “Do you have any interest in motor vehicles?” Williamson said: “Not at all.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member