UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you be doing this living in a flat. I think about my neighbours when doing things early in the morning or very late at night. I even drop my tv volume after 8.30pm.
I also live in a flat. While I am like you and try to keep the noise down in the evening. Not all my neighbours are the same. People have different standards of what they think is acceptable.

Sorry I missed one!! Probably most important one too!!

He stuttered again and Jay punched him twice to the stomach'
Angharad Williamson is still being questioned by her barrister, Peter Rouch QC, and the topic returns to the events of July 29, 2021, and the argument surrounding the stereo.

Williamson said: “Jay was quite angry…. I said: 'You’re very dismissive of me'. He said it could have been Logan. I said: ‘Why are you always picking on Logan? I’m sick of this.'"

She said she would spend a lot of time with Logan while he was isolating as Logan came to the gate. The defendant said Cole and the youth would shout at Logan for coming near the gate.

Williamson said: “We were Covid-conscious but we were in a house – there’s only so much you can do.” She said Logan would watch films but Cole would get angry and would tell him to stop coming to the gate and bothering his mother.

The defendant is asked about the alleged attack on Logan by Cole and the youth on July 29, 2021.

Williamson said: “It escalated quite quickly. I showed [Cole] my stereo and he said it could have been Logan…. I started shouting. He said: ‘Stop shouting. When women shout they call the police’, I said that was double standards…

“Jay said Logan smirked and he said: ‘You love it when me and your mum argue, you think it’s funny’.

"(Getting upset) He called Logan out of his bedroom…. Sorry, he pulled him out in the hallway and tried to talk to him. Logan stuttered. I said: ‘Jay leave him alone’. He said: ‘I’ve had enough, he needs to talk to me’.

“He stuttered again and Jay punched him twice to the stomach, he fell on his bum and hit his elbows on the floor. I went forward and he blocked the way to the kitchen.

“He asked for [the youth] to come from the living room into the hallway and said: ‘If he flinches again or stutters sweep him’. He did and he pushed his head to the ground.”

Williamson breaks down and cries.

Mr Rouch said: “Did Logan get back to his feet?" Williamson said: “Yes.”

Mr Rouch said: “Do you know what he meant by sweeping?”

Willaimson said: “Yes, it’s sweeping his legs from underneath him…. They used to do martial arts.”

Mr Rouch said: “What happened?”

Williamson said: “[The youth] swept him and pushed him to the floor as he did it. He put his hand on his head and pushed to the ground.”

Mr Rouch said: “What did you do?”

Williamson said: “I jumped over, grabbed Logan, and said: ‘Go to your room and stay there’.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did Logan do that?”

Williamson said: “Yes he did…. I ran to the living room to get my phone to call Rhiannon (Hales) or mum to come and get me. I wanted to get help for Logan.”
Logan Mwangi murder trial latest as mum gives evidence

So when Callum Williams saw Logan sat on the stairs colouring at Maeglas it was infact after half past midnight, wow !

But it was ok, because he seemed ‘happy & joyful’ according to CW :eek:

I haven’t been able to keep up with the case fully, but can remember a neighbour testified to hearing JC on the phone on the 29th or 30th saying ‘help me! What do I do?’…was that addressed by JC or put to him at all?

Rsbm

She said: “I wanted to leave and get help for Logan, I wanted help. They overstepped the mark and hurt Logan.……

……I caught my legs on the baby gate and I ran and ran.”

I can see this as truthful. But what stopped her scooping him up and taking him away. And what stopped her from texting, phoning, getting help? The social worker came the next day, and she didn’t get help. We are missing something here, she needs to tell the whole story.

ETA

and why did she then go on to cover up for them?? Makes no sense if she was as innocent as she claims.

She is lying. If she wanted to she could have left or called for help.

Logan was 'scared' and had a red mark, says Williamson
The trial resumes.

Peter Rouch QC, who is representing defendant Angharad Williamson and currently questioning her as she gives her evidence, asks for video footage to be played of Williamson leaving 5 Lower Llansantffraid on July 29, 2021. It shows her walking to the front gate being pursued by the youth defendant.

After stopping at the gate Williamson walks back towards the property shortly later. Mr Rouch said: “Why didn’t you carry on and leave?”

Williamson said: “I thought I had made enough racket for people to come and save Logan, to save all of us. Jay said he was in the SAS, he could have found us anyway….. I couldn’t leave (Logan) in the house on his own so I came back inside.”

Mr Rouch said: “What does [the youth] do?" Williamson said: “He hops the wall.”

The defendant was asked to describe her demeanour.

She said: “I was hysterical, over-emotional, I was an absolute mess…. Jay just tried to calm me down."

Mr Rouch said: “Did he calm you down eventually?” Williamson said: “Yeah.”

Mr Rouch said: “Where was Logan?” Williamson said: “In his room…. I told him to stay in his room.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you check on him?” Williamson said: “He had a little red mark on his belly, I checked him in the evening…. I checked him after it happened. Gave a drink, a cuddle, and some Calpol."

Mr Rouch said: “Was he crying?”

Williamson said: “No, he was scared.”

Sobbing, she added: “I stroked his head, gave him a cuddle, and told him everything was going to be okay. He fell asleep on my arms and I fell asleep with him.”

Logan 'was more clingy'
Defendant Angharad Williamson, who is being questioned by her barrister Peter Rouch QC, is asked about the morning of July 30, 2021.

Williamson said: “Jay got up to go to the toilet. Logan woke up at 6am to 6.30am. Logan had been pottering about in his room. He was playing on the laptop and ran back to his bed.

“Jay snapped at him … .I said: ‘Logan what is going on?’ and he stuttered everywhere…. Jay was annoyed because I didn’t put him in the naughty corner.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did Logan demonstrate any signs of discomfort or injury?" Williamson said “He was more clingy, he wanted more attention from me. But Jay said: ‘Stop bothering your mum’. Jay was always interfering in the background.”

The defendant said Logan did a Covid test in the morning and he was negative She said: “I stripped Logan’s room to start cleaning it.” She washed the Paw Patrol duvet cover and pillowcase and the bedsheet.

She said: “Everything was put into the tumble dryer. Logan and I were spraying his room with Dettol spray. Because the mattress protector was white I didn’t want it to bleed with the other colours.

Williamson said Logan started mixing with the rest of the family to an extent but Cole was “a stickler” for Logan sticking to the end of his isolation.

She said she didn’t want to “have a day like yesterday’. She added: “I had in the back of my head I was leaving anyway.”

Rsbm
She said: “I wanted to leave and get help for Logan, I wanted help. They overstepped the mark and hurt Logan.……

……I caught my legs on the baby gate and I ran and ran.”

I can see this as truthful. But what stopped her scooping him up and taking him away. And what stopped her from texting, phoning, getting help? The social worker came the next day, and she didn’t get help. We are missing something here, she needs to tell the whole story.
ETA

and why did she then go on to cover up for them?? Makes no sense if she was as innocent as she claims.

Yes, it is hard to accept her claims that she 'wanted to leave and get help for Logan' ---when she did nothing of the sort.

Once the 14 yr old admitted that he pushed her 5 yr old down the stairs---then what? Wouldn't you immediately make changes to protect your son?

Also, if it was true that she saw JC punch Logan several times in the stomach---WHY was she still with him?????? Why didn't she call police and press child abuse/assault charges to protect her 2 children?

Who the hell calls a stereo ‘beautiful’ o_O

I understand that actually. When you have small children, it sometimes seems as though everything gets grubby, broken or ruined eventually. Furnishings get scratched or have things spilt on them, ornaments get broken, you dress up for a rare night out and the baby pukes on you, the kids paint with your lipstick or use all your perfume as magic healing elixir for poorly teddies. It sometimes feels as though you don't have anything nice anymore.

And then one day you buy something special for yourself, or are given a nice present, and it becomes a treasured possession in an ocean of life chaos, and you get disproportionately upset if anything happens to it, because the point is not the item but the oasis of pleasure it represents. Of course she massively overreacted to finding some snot on her stereo, but I totally get it, particularly if she believed it was done by a visiting child who was not hers, and who she was unable to discipline.

I'm not saying I believe her version of events, but I understand the feelings she's invoking.

I fell asleep so quickly, I was exhausted from the week we had'
Angharad Williamson is still being asked by her barrister Peter Rouch QC about July 30 last year/ She said she couldn’t remember if Logan ate his lunch but he wouldn’t eat any food for dinner.

She said: “He had pizza and chips. He had home-cooked meals but with everything going on I did something quick.”

The defendant said she showered Logan but he was afraid of water and he would run to the other end of the bath.

Williamson said: “Jay said: ‘Get down the *advertiser censored***** end’ and walloped Logan to the back of the head (Demonstrates this).”

Mr Rouch said: “You’re indicating a slap to the back of the head…. How hard was the slap?"

Williamson said: “It wasn’t hard at all….. I shut it down straight away and said ‘Get out, I’m dealing with this’.”

Mr Rouch said: “Can you remember what pyjamas he wore to bed?”

Williamson said: “I don’t know to be honest with you.” She said if he was wearing a mismatching pyjama set it “wouldn’t have registered”.

Williamson said she put Pokemon on the television but Cole accused her of rewarding him after he was misbehaving in the bath. Later in the evening Williamson took Logan to his own bedroom

Mr Rouch said: “Was he demonstrating any signs of feeling unwell or discomfort?” Williamson said: “No.”

At 10pm to 10.30pm Williamson took Logan to the toilet during which he slipped on the toilet seat. Williamson said: “He was really sleepy.”

Williamson said she took her medication at around 10pm. She said: “It makes me quite sleepy.”

She said she wouldn’t take the medication unless there was another adult in the house so they could look after Logan.

The defendant said she fell asleep around 10.30pm. She said: “I fell asleep so quickly, I was exhausted from the week we had.”

I understand that actually. When you have small children, it sometimes seems as though everything gets grubby, broken or ruined eventually. Furnishings get scratched or have things spilt on them, ornaments get broken, you dress up for a rare night out and the baby pukes on you, the kids paint with your lipstick or use all your perfume as magic healing elixir for poorly teddies. It sometimes feels as though you don't have anything nice anymore.

And then one day you buy something special for yourself, or are given a nice present, and it becomes a treasured possession in an ocean of life chaos, and you get disproportionately upset if anything happens to it, because the point is not the item but the oasis of pleasure it represents. Of course she massively overreacted to finding some snot on her stereo, but I totally get it, particularly if she believed it was done by a visiting child who was not hers, and who she was unable to discipline.

I'm not saying I believe her version of events, but I understand the feelings she's invoking.

You've summed that up perfectly ...

Interesting that Angharad says something was spilled on/under the stereo and John says it was a 'booger' ...

I fell asleep so quickly, I was exhausted from the week we had'
Angharad Williamson is still being asked by her barrister Peter Rouch QC about July 30 last year/ She said she couldn’t remember if Logan ate his lunch but he wouldn’t eat any food for dinner.

She said: “He had pizza and chips. He had home-cooked meals but with everything going on I did something quick.”

The defendant said she showered Logan but he was afraid of water and he would run to the other end of the bath.

Williamson said: “Jay said: ‘Get down the *advertiser censored***** end’ and walloped Logan to the back of the head (Demonstrates this).”

Mr Rouch said: “You’re indicating a slap to the back of the head…. How hard was the slap?"

Williamson said: “It wasn’t hard at all….. I shut it down straight away and said ‘Get out, I’m dealing with this’.”

Mr Rouch said: “Can you remember what pyjamas he wore to bed?”

Williamson said: “I don’t know to be honest with you.” She said if he was wearing a mismatching pyjama set it “wouldn’t have registered”.

Williamson said she put Pokemon on the television but Cole accused her of rewarding him after he was misbehaving in the bath. Later in the evening Williamson took Logan to his own bedroom

Mr Rouch said: “Was he demonstrating any signs of feeling unwell or discomfort?” Williamson said: “No.”

At 10pm to 10.30pm Williamson took Logan to the toilet during which he slipped on the toilet seat. Williamson said: “He was really sleepy.”

Williamson said she took her medication at around 10pm. She said: “It makes me quite sleepy.”

She said she wouldn’t take the medication unless there was another adult in the house so they could look after Logan.

The defendant said she fell asleep around 10.30pm. She said: “I fell asleep so quickly, I was exhausted from the week we had.”

Williamson said she left her phone in the living room on charge and had taken her hearing aids out.

Mr Rouch makes reference to the YouTube videos played on Williamson’s phone during the night. He said: “Was that you using the phone?” Williamson said: “No it wasn’t.”

The defendant describes how to use YouTube.

Sorry I missed a chunk off the last one so I reposted. Not doing so well today, too many things at once!

Interesting the reference to hearing aids again, yet there was no record of hearing loss on her medical records. Trying to make out she wouldn’t hear I guess

Sorry I missed a chunk off the last one so I reposted. Not doing so well today, too many things at once!

Interesting the reference to hearing aids again, yet there was no record of hearing loss on her medical records. Trying to make out she wouldn’t hear I guess

Please do not apologise for anything,you are doing a brilliant job which is much appreciated.

I too wonder how genuine her hearing loss is.

Unless you've been in a situation of domestic violence, and every situation is unique, you can't ever know what you WOULD do, only what you THINK you'd do.

I'm not saying Angharad was right in everything she did but it's not so easy to physically pick up a 5 year old AND the baby/toddler (because they're not often mentioned in the reporting, it's easy to forget that they're a big but silent part of everything that's happening) and get out of the house in a heated situation.

Mr Rouch said: “Did Logan demonstrate any signs of discomfort or injury?"

Williamson said “He was more clingy, he wanted more attention from me. But Jay said: ‘Stop bothering your mum’. Jay was always interfering in the background.”

The defendant said Logan did a Covid test in the morning and he was negative She said: “I stripped Logan’s room to start cleaning it.” She washed the Paw Patrol duvet cover and pillowcase and the bedsheet.

She said: “Everything was put into the tumble dryer. Logan and I were spraying his room with Dettol spray. Because the mattress protector was white I didn’t want it to bleed with the other colours.

Williamson said Logan started mixing with the rest of the family to an extent but Cole was “a stickler” for Logan sticking to the end of his isolation.

She said she didn’t want to “have a day like yesterday’. She added: “I had in the back of my head I was leaving anyway.”

===============================

I feel like she was trying to cover for herself here, and minimised any signs of illness or discomfort shown by Logan that morning.

According to the medical reports, he had severe injuries. I think she is trying to ignore that reality in this testimony, and saying he was up and around, helping her clean his room, playing on the lap top, etc. If he had a tear in his intestines and a ruptured liver, he was not running around helping her clean house. :(

Yes, it is hard to accept her claims that she 'wanted to leave and get help for Logan' ---when she did nothing of the sort.

Once the 14 yr old admitted that he pushed her 5 yr old down the stairs---then what? Wouldn't you immediately make changes to protect your son?

Also, if it was true that she saw JC punch Logan several times in the stomach---WHY was she still with him?????? Why didn't she call police and press child abuse/assault charges to protect her 2 children?

Or at the very least make JC and the youth leave her and Logan’s home.
She had her phone, her son had been assaulted, she had neighbours within earshot but did not seek help in any way. She tried to leave, just run out and leave Logan with his abusers. Then claims took medication that by her own admission knocks her out, meaning Logan was again unsupervised with his attackers. I can’t with this woman :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic