UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don’t get if this is really what happened why put him in bin bags in a river/stream opposite your property? Surely the bin bags immediately would show he hadn’t wandered them himself and fell in?

What I don’t get if this is really what happened why put him in bin bags in a river/stream opposite your property? Surely the bin bags immediately would show he hadn’t wandered them himself and fell in?

The bin bags might just have been as and attempt to “hide the body” while transporting him. And that those bags are what we’re being sought in the searches as he wasn’t actually found wrapped in them, but perhaps they were dumped nearby. And once the police had cctv footage they went looking for them specifically as well as supporting evidence.

Whatever happened in that house, and it clearly happened a while before the wee boy died, at the very least the mother and stepson failed to get medical help for the boy. I don't think there is any way they would have been unaware that an attack was taking place or had taken place.

That poor little boy. It sounds as if he had been being abused for a while. The family might not have had Covid over the last two weeks,but were hiding Logan's injuries.

I suspected the same thing. I'm not sure if school holidays would've already started in Wales 2 weeks ago, but if not, claiming they had to self isolate would be a good way to hide his injuries from his teachers. Apparently they were in Blackpool prior to their period of 'isolation'. Again, was this holiday taken in the school holidays I wonder, or another excuse to prevent him from being in school and his bruises being seen?

MOO

I’d assume if they were staging that the bin bags were only used to get Logan to the river and then removed.

The extent of injuries is... I don’t have words. This hurts my heart.

Rumour/speculation, I read somewhere someone heard an argument in the middle of the night/early hours and they were surprised to hear a childs voice, maybe the child is the 13yo and they were arguing about the plan.

Stepfather is charged with murdering five-year-old Logan after he was put in river in 'cover-up' | Daily Mail Online

Prosecutor Bethan Poole told the court how his mother found him dead in the early hours of last Saturday morning and a plot was hatched to 'cover up' the crime.

Ms Poole said: 'Angharad Williamson was shouting: 'He's dead, he's dead. They decided not to call the police and get rid of the body.'

The court heard Logan's body was taken to the river in plastic bin bags and his ripped t-shirt was also disposed of. The court heard the family often used the river for fly-tipping.

Magistrates were told screams of 'Where is Logan' heard by neighbours were a decoy to make people think the little boy had gone missing.

cause of deaths not an accident and was as a result of impacted pressure either by an object, a foot or a fist.

'His liver was torn, the back of his head and scalp had become parted and he had a broken collar bone.'

I couldn't be more disgusted and angry at them! Unbelievable!

My gut feeling is that Logan was probably the scapegoat child for a time and there will be historic injuries. Then when he was eventually killed, all 3 were culpable to an extent having been at least witness to events leading up to this, and so helped cover up.

MOO

I’m inclined to believe the attack happened sometime after Logan and JC were seen playing football. I can’t see Logan comfortably playing football with any of those injuries.

"The alleged offences happened between July 28 and August 1.

What does that mean? Were they 'plotting, conspiring between 28 July to 1st August?
I don't quite understand.

Bridgend man charged with 'harrowing' murder of boy, 5, after he was put in river in 'cover-up' | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I suspected the same thing. I'm not sure if school holidays would've already started in Wales 2 weeks ago, but if not, claiming they had to self isolate would be a good way to hide his injuries from his teachers. Apparently they were in Blackpool prior to their period of 'isolation'. Again, was this holiday taken in the school holidays I wonder, or another excuse to prevent him from being in school and his bruises being seen?

MOO

Yes we are on week 3 now

According to one of the Daily Mail articles linked upthread, the neighbours told the police that the family were in the habit of flytipping rubbish in the river. So perhaps they thought it would look as though they'd just dumped some rubbish :( and that they could then move the bags later, or he would decompose quietly (without being found by the police they would obviously have to call as part of the abduction/runaway cover story). They don't strike me as that bright tbh.

JMO

"The alleged offences happened between July 28 and August 1.

What does that mean? Were they 'plotting, conspiring between 28 July to 1st August?
I don't quite understand.

Bridgend man charged with 'harrowing' murder of boy, 5, after he was put in river in 'cover-up' | Daily Mail Online

This reminds me of the way WC's offences were framed in the Sarah Everard case. The use of a generous timeframe seemed to be to ensure there could be no acquittal on a time-based technicality.

In this case, I think it could mean that the PM can only offer an approximate timeframe for the life-threatening injuries, so LE would want to avoid a scenario where the defence claims the liver lac or the head injury alone, for instance, could have caused death and may have occurred outside the times abuse is alleged to have taken place, in order to avoid a straw man argument.

JMO

According to one of the Daily Mail articles linked upthread, the neighbours told the police that the family were in the habit of flytipping rubbish in the river. So perhaps they thought it would look as though they'd just dumped some rubbish :( and that they could then move the bags later, or he would decompose quietly (without being found by the police they would obviously have to call as part of the abduction/runaway cover story). They don't strike me as that bright tbh.

JMO

Exactly that.
Look over there (he's been abducted).
AW said "The back door WAS open" ie someone has taken him.

I remarked that her statement was odd, when I first heard it!

As juicylucy has excellently summed up, PMs give a rough time, so they will have given a wider time frame to avoid it being thrown out in something as simple as a date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces