UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
with the amount of time in custody and the amount of questioning they have all undertaken, I cant help but wonder why the 13 yr old is still facing charges

surely coercion would be at play from the parents.....why involve him at all? experienced investigators would see through his lies and see he had been persuaded to lie.

whatever happened to Logan must have involved the 13 y.o . IMO

I did wonder. Could a nasty fall down the stairs cause those kind of injuries... but then they don't have any stairs do they...

Very sad poor kid.

Those injuries sound as if Logan has been repeatedly beaten/kicked.

I would be extremely surprised if we do not hear at a later date about even more injuries, many of them historic.

I've been following this thread and I must admit my first thoughts were the step brother had done this and the parents were covering. Would the police go to the trouble of charging a 13 year old with perverting the course of justice or is it ploy to discover what really happened. I know 13 year olds can be held accountable but would he understand the charge.

I also get everyone's take on the injuries but as yet there is nothing to say any of those injuries were old. All of the injuries could have been inflicted at the same time.

Were children's services involved, can't seem to find any info verifying this.
Sad to see another Mother choosing to assist someone else rather than their own child.
It was only last week that Bernadette Walkers Mother was found guilt of PTCJ. Shocking

Stepfather is charged with murdering five-year-old Logan after he was put in river in 'cover-up' | Daily Mail Online

Prosecutor Bethan Poole told the court how his mother found him dead in the early hours of last Saturday morning and a plot was hatched to 'cover up' the crime.

Ms Poole said: 'Angharad Williamson was shouting: 'He's dead, he's dead. They decided not to call the police and get rid of the body.'

The court heard Logan's body was taken to the river in plastic bin bags and his ripped t-shirt was also disposed of. The court heard the family often used the river for fly-tipping.

Magistrates were told screams of 'Where is Logan' heard by neighbours were a decoy to make people think the little boy had gone missing.

cause of deaths not an accident and was as a result of impacted pressure either by an object, a foot or a fist.

'His liver was torn, the back of his head and scalp had become parted and he had a broken collar bone.'

Not at all unusual, ring doorbells are extremely popular and more and more people are installing them. We have one as do many of our friends had family.

The property is a flat. If it was a 2 or 3 bed, it is possible that L shared a bedroom with the 13yr old. I saw photos online (newspaper) showing the front door and it showed the doorbell had been removed. I think it is quite unusual for a doorbell with a camera to be fitted, unless it is an area where there is a high crime rate. I wonder what other reasons there would be for someone specifically fitting one with a camera. Would people who are involved in the use or supply of certain substances fit them to see who is at the door I wonder.

Stepfather is charged with murdering five-year-old Logan after he was put in river in 'cover-up' | Daily Mail Online

Prosecutor Bethan Poole told the court how his mother found him dead in the early hours of last Saturday morning and a plot was hatched to 'cover up' the crime.

Ms Poole said: 'Angharad Williamson was shouting: 'He's dead, he's dead. They decided not to call the police and get rid of the body.'

The court heard Logan's body was taken to the river in plastic bin bags and his ripped t-shirt was also disposed of. The court heard the family often used the river for fly-tipping.

Magistrates were told screams of 'Where is Logan' heard by neighbours were a decoy to make people think the little boy had gone missing.

cause of deaths not an accident and was as a result of impacted pressure either by an object, a foot or a fist.

'His liver was torn, the back of his head and scalp had become parted and he had a broken collar bone.'

BBM - is anyone else sceptical about the wording here, a plot was hatched suggests the participants were equally responsible. I find it a little hard to believe that a mother would do that. I'm repeating myself from earlier in the thread but I still think we'll find out that JC was an abuser and was controlling the rest of the family

JMO/MOO

Yeah shouting 'where is Logan' is very suspect. Letting people know he is missing. A more natural reaction is to call their name, but we know there wasn't much point in that.

I don't feel sceptical because l would imagine that if she was genuinely scared of him the police would have picked that up pretty easily. She had an opportunity to tell the police and she didn't take it.

I bet she comes out with that as her defence though.

BBM - is anyone else sceptical about the wording here, a plot was hatched suggests the participants were equally responsible. I find it a little hard to believe that a mother would do that. I'm repeating myself from earlier in the thread but I still think we'll find out that JC was an abuser and was controlling the rest of the family

JMO/MOO

I feel that too. It's impossible for us to know the extent of anyone's guilt at this stage, but it's hard to believe a 13yo child would feel completely free to stand up or speak up for what's right, or even tell the truth freely afterwards, in a household where the physically dominant adult is allegedly capable of breaking the bones, rupturing the organs and detaching the scalp of a 5yo.

I was quite shocked to hear that the 13yo had been arrested tbh, to hear today that he's been charged is pretty hardcore. You would hope that won't have been done lightly, so it seems there's a lot more to come out in this imo, most of it awful, I expect.

JMO

the mother and 13 y.o other have their chances...to say they were scared of stepdad, went along with it to appease him, etc

unless it was driven by them.

From that article:

Ms Poole said Williamson rang police to say Logan was missing and another person had taken him as a 'cover up story.'

So were they trying to stage an abduction rather than a drowning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces