UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be very interested in the Social Worker's testimony especially since it chronologically comes after the cctv of the mother physically fighting with the youth. Logan was just hours away from his death. Any indication whether this was a planned or a surprise visit? After living in separate housing, I assume from what the neighbors noticed, why were they now bunking up together? Shifting blame to a woman she had an issue with suggests the mother is a nasty piece of work. I normally would have some sympathy for a mother in an abusive relationship who is trying to reconcile the irreconcilable to keep her family together, however misguided. Why choose a partner that actively dislikes your child? Nothing good can come of that

Will be very interested in the Social Worker's testimony especially since it chronologically comes after the cctv of the mother physically fighting with the youth. Logan was just hours away from his death. Any indication whether this was a planned or a surprise visit? After living in separate housing, I assume from what the neighbors noticed, why were they now bunking up together? Shifting blame to a woman she had an issue with suggests the mother is a nasty piece of work. I normally would have some sympathy for a mother in an abusive relationship who is trying to reconcile the irreconcilable to keep her family together, however misguided. Why choose a partner that actively dislikes your child? Nothing good can come of that

Take note of my earlier post -- they were self-isolating together after a trip. It's unknown if the adults also tested positive for COVID but isolation was ending on Saturday.

The family had recently returned from a trip to Blackpool but had to quarantine when they returned for two weeks after catching Covid.

Their last day of self-isolation was Saturday - when the youngster - also known as Logan Williamson - was found dead.
^^sbm

So the quote about the benefits and that Cole would "f-off now" is evidence from the social worker visit? What's that supposed to mean? Given that the attack started the day before was he threatening to leave her or just threatening in general? Why couldn't Logan come to a window or door even if he was covid positive? Is it correct to infer that the minor is Cole's son or is this out of bounds?

I believe he told the social worker she could f^€k off now, after he queried what benefits they could claim. I assume he didn't like her response.

Just one more question. Are disability funds for children and adults?

Yes, our benefits system has been condensed to a one- for- all claim called Universal Credits. You declare any dependent children, who would qualify under what used to be child benefits, and any qualifying adults, under what they used to claim as Disability Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, or Carers Allowance. So, for example, I work with one family who have 4 children, the mother claims she has agoraphobia so claims the disability allowance, and that her condition means she can't be home alone without her husband, so they also qualify for the carer's component. However, she's just run off to London to live with a man she met online....... so the system is clearly flawed :D

Just one more question. Are disability funds for children and adults?

Disability benefits can be paid where a child's needs are not relative for their age. As an example, a 3 year old child could not go to the local shop alone without getting run over, but if you have a 14 year old child whose disability means he doesn't have road sense, you can claim benefits, as most 14 year old children can cross a road safely

Hamish Auskerry@hamishausk · 16h

I will be at this trial for the next 6 weeks or so. We’ll have coverage of all the evidence online and on TV throughout. https://twitter.com/itvwales/status/1493141029926625282…

8:42 AM · Feb 14, 2022·

Seems ItvReporter Auskerry is not covering the trial after all. The tweet above was deleted and I found no replacement. I suggest trial watchers stay tuned to Wales Online where their live trial blog (Philip Dewey) did an excellent job with frequent updates that were not subject to twitter limited characters.

'All three defendants' played part in Logan Mwangi's death, murder trial hears | ITV News

21 Feb 2022

[..]

The victim’s mother Angharad Williamson, 30, her partner John Cole, 40, and a 14-year-old boy - who cannot be named because of his age - are on trial accused of murder. [..]

The court heard that an apparently distraught Williamson had reported Logan missing at 5.45am on July 31, and had accused a woman against whom she held a grudge of abducting him. [..]

The jury was told that Cole and the 14-year-old boy were caught on CCTV in the early hours of July 31 leaving the family’s address.

Cole was carrying something in his arms that he has since confirmed that he was carrying Logan’s dead body, the court heard.

The pair walked along the riverside path to the spot where Logan’s body was found.

During this time, a light can be seen switching on and off in Logan’s bedroom, which the prosecution say proves that Williamson was awake and knew what had happened to her son. [..]

It was apparent that Logan had died before his body was placed in the river, she added.

“The prosecution say that Logan died as a result of a brutal and sustained assault upon him which happened inside the home,” she said.

“It is the use of forceful violence which caused the catastrophic injuries found at post mortem.”

The jury heard CCTV footage from the afternoon of July 29 showed an altercation between Angharad Williamson and the youth defendant.

Caroline Rees said there was a “physical struggle” between Williamson and the youth, which may be explained by comments Williamson made to police in an interview after Logan’s death.

“In her interview, Angharad Williamson said that there was an incident on July 29 when Logan was seriously assaulted by Cole and the youth who were acting together,” she said.

Ms Rees told the jury this suggested the attack on Logan had already started by the time of that footage, at 2.52pm on July 29.

“Angharad Williamson failed to do anything to help for over a day,” she said. [..]

The court heard that, on the afternoon of July 30, a social worker made an unscheduled visit to Cole and Williamson’s address but was told she could not see Logan because he had tested positive for Covid-19 and was in self-isolation. [..]

The court heard CCTV footage at 2.44am on July 31, after Cole and the youth had allegedly left the property with Logan’s body, showed movement in Logan’s bedroom.

Caroline Rees said this demonstrated that Williamson was “busying herself in Logan’s room after his body had been removed”.

“The prosecution say footage would demonstrate that Angharad Williamson and (the youth) must be lying when they say they had have no idea what happened to Logan during the night,” she said. [..]

“In interview the (14-year-old) would say he did not realise John Cole was carrying Logan’s dead body,” Ms Rees said.

“The prosecution say the CCTV demonstrates the implausibility of that account.”

She said he was so close to Cole he must have known what he was carrying.

Caroline Rees said: “If (the youth) has lied about what he saw and what he knew about John Cole carrying Logan’s dead body, it begs the question ‘why?’.

“The prosecution say he is lying to cover up his own involvement in Logan’s death.” [..]

After Monday's opening, I believe there's clear and convincing evidence that mom failed t protect her son, failed to render him aid after injury, and helped conceal if not cause his death. She had several opportunities when she was alone to contact authorities and failed to do so. I do not believe she was silent under threat.

As for Cole and the teen, I also find them to be liars. What a horrific bunch they are.

Thanks Seattle 1 for pulling all this new (to me at least) information in a focused and concise way. Logan was so lovely by all accounts (except for the miscreants he lived with), I attributed his virtues and good character to being brought up by a loving mother. It looks like his sweetness was completely innate to him, despite his mother. All the lovely tributes and memorials were about him and not his mother. That speaks volumes.

Thanks Seattle 1 for pulling all this new (to me at least) information in a focused and concise way. Logan was so lovely by all accounts (except for the miscreants he lived with), I attributed his virtues and good character to being brought up by a loving mother. It looks like his sweetness was completely innate to him, despite his mother. All the lovely tributes and memorials were about him and not his mother. That speaks volumes.

You're welcome @Bluedaisy100.

I shed many tears today because I too very much wanted the evidence to show that his mother was loving and protective of him. She essentially joined the club of many before her that chose a real winner over her child.

And the pity here is that from the earliest reactions to Logan's demise, it was so obvious that he would have been welcome in more than one home in the community. :(

There was another update on the live court reporting that was missed yesterday -

18:27PHILIP DEWEY
Defendants 'working jointly as a team' to get rid of body and evidence
Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC said the CCTV evidence showed each of the defendants were “up and about” and “working jointly as a team” to dispose of Logan’s body and any evidence.

She added: “The prosecution say them working together gives rise to an inference they were together responsible for Logan’s death.”

The court heard Angharad Williamson accessed her Barclays banking app at 11.21pm on July 30 and was active on GoogleLive between 12.51am and 2.14am on July 31.

Her dialler application was also active at 2.24am, 2.26am, and 3.17am.

At 5.47am Williamson was seen leaving the property and walking to the gate before walking to the front door and appearing again at the side of the address.

Ms Rees said: “This is the next part of the cover-up – a callous performance designed to cover up her involvement and acting the part of distressed mother.”

The trial ends for the day and Ms Rees will conclude her opening tomorrow.

Boy, 5, found in river had 'extreme' injuries, murder case told

Clearly they weren't aware of the CCTV camera which captured their activities inside and outside of the home, curtains moving, the window opening, and movements in the bedroom:

“Movement can be observed in Logan’s bedroom and the light is switched on."

"At 5.23am on July 30, [my note - this is 24 hours before the disposal of Logan's body] the court hears, someone appeared at Logan’s bedroom window before it was shut and opened again on numerous occasions" (source Wales Online)

"The jury heard that after Cole and the youth left the property for the first time, CCTV shows the light turning on and the curtains twitch in Logan’s room." (source ITV)

----

"Caroline Rees QC, prosecuting, says: “They leave the house to dispose of Logan’s dinosaur pyjama top which Cole later said had been ripped when Williamson handled Logan roughly, throwing him on the bed.

“He said Williamson gave him the top and told him to get rid of it, the inference being it was evidently significant." Boy, 5, found in river had 'extreme' injuries, murder case told

"During police interviews after Logan’s death, Cole claimed that the top had been ripped by Williamson when she handled Logan roughly by the collar.

“The prosecution say the ripped dino top is clearly an important piece of evidence in this case, disposed of after Angharad Williamson had the opportunity to search Logan’s bedroom after Logan’s body had been removed,” Ms Rees said."

'All three defendants' played part in Logan Mwangi's death, murder trial hears | ITV News

^ I tend to believe JC is telling the truth about this - she remembered to search for it and get rid of it so it was bothering her.

It's a strange fact of the case that the youth was taken out on both of the night trips, yet didn't seem to be needed to carry anything.

Three so called humans had over 24 hours to get this little one to a hospital, instead of paying the price for what they did to Logan, they decided their freedom was worth more than his life!!! Three people!!!! Not one of them with any heart, decency, love, nothing. How does a mother just sit back and let this happen!!! It’s disgusting and disgraceful that these pathetic humans, and others like them are part of society. Hopefully while locked up, they too get a beating equivalent to a car crash every day. Moo. P.S I’m so mad!

‘Cheerful’ Logan Mwangi was ‘killed by mother and step-father while self-isolating’

21 Feb 2022

Ms Rees said Williamson had done nothing to prevent or report the attack on her young son, not even disclosing what had happened when a social worker visited the house on the same day.

The teenager, who had previously made “repeated threats that he wanted to kill Logan and wanted him dead” was described by Ms Rees as a “complex, troubled and violent boy” who had been trained in the martial art of Muay Thai, also known as Thai boxing, to green belt level.

The jury were shown CCTV footage of Cole and the teenager leaving the family home in the early hours of July 31.

Cole was filmed carrying something in his arms, which he later admitted was Logan’s lifeless body.

The pair walked across the river and along a path to the spot where Logan’s body was found, the court was told.

Cole and the boy then returned to the property before heading out again, this time to dispose of Logan’s bloodied and torn dinosaur pyjama top, the court heard.

During this time, a light can be seen switching on and off in Logan’s bedroom, which the prosecution said proves Williamson was awake and knew what had happened to her son.

Ms Rees told the court that evidence from Williamson’s mobile phone, which showed she was awake in the early hours of the morning – after the time she told police she had gone to sleep – also proves her involvement.

Williamson is said to have struggled to raise Logan in the lead up to his death, with her “motherly bond” with her son “significantly fractured” during his time in self-isolation, Ms Rees said.

She added: “Angharad Williamson must have been awake and up and about, fully aware Logan had died and that his body had been dumped in the river by her partner – disposed of like they were fly-tipping rubbish.”

Seems ItvReporter Auskerry is not covering the trial after all. The tweet above was deleted and I found no replacement. I suggest trial watchers stay tuned to Wales Online where their live trial blog (Philip Dewey) did an excellent job with frequent updates that were not subject to twitter limited characters.

He was there yesterday, he may have left as the trial start was delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1