GUILTY UK - Louise Smith, 16, Havant, Hampshire, 8 May 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also odd is apart from Police asking public did they see her etc. Usually a description of what a missing person has on them like phone, and what make of phone, clothes, type of bag/purse, glasses if they were worn etc. No detail, apart from photographs of Louise etc.
I believe the police were told Louise had only gone out for a short while to get some things (food, or other items), so presumably she took a bag, handbag/purse .
So can we assume that as these have not been mentioned that Police have them already implying she didn't go out on the 8th as they were found 'at home'/indoors somewhere?

I think exactly that.. I believe those personal items were not on her, I don’t think she could have had them with her or the police would have said in their “missing posters and statements” that she had them with her! So that only leaves one other option, they were found in their forensic searches.

There was also some discrepancy in the police information saying she had white trainers on but mum saying that they were black, posters were later amended to black. I wonder if the black trainers were at the flat and they tried to cover up by saying she had white ones on? Moo

There was also some discrepancy in the police information saying she had white trainers on but mum saying that they were black, posters were later amended to black. I wonder if the black trainers were at the flat and they tried to cover up by saying she had white ones on? Moo

Also the police were searching for “trainers and petrol”

Phew! I've just spent a couple of hours reading every post from page1.

Hello fellow long timers, welcome newbies & for the locals! You people really are the best in these cases.

Few thoughts, firstly, her poor mother! Even if she were (not suggesting this is so) the worst mother on earth, she's going to be feeling such guilt on top of grief. I hope that she'll receive all the support she needs.

CJay - assisting an offender - this can encompass so much. From washing his petrol/smoke smelling clothes on his return home not knowing what he'd actually done to suspecting he'd done it and helping him clean up. If she'd been actively involved in the murder and attempt to dispose of the body, I think she'd have further charges, they may still come! Shauna Hoare (Becky Watts case) had charges upped at a later date. The telltale sign as to how involved she was is whether she gets bail any time soon!

I'm interested in why Shane took CJays last name after they married. Rawlinson isn't a name you'd be particularly embarrassed to have (my Vet took his wife's name as his family name is Gay) ... does he have a dodgy past? Previous convictions? They'll possibly be hard to find online now charges have been made but, locals ... any clues?

Hello fellow long timers, welcome newbies & for the locals! You people really are the best in these cases.

Few thoughts, firstly, her poor mother! Even if she were (not suggesting this is so) the worst mother on earth, she's going to be feeling such guilt on top of grief. I hope that she'll receive all the support she needs.

CJay - assisting an offender - this can encompass so much. From washing his petrol/smoke smelling clothes on his return home not knowing what he'd actually done to suspecting he'd done it and helping him clean up. If she'd been actively involved in the murder and attempt to dispose of the body, I think she'd have further charges, they may still come! Shauna Hoare (Becky Watts case) had charges upped at a later date. The telltale sign as to how involved she was is whether she gets bail any time soon!

I'm interested in why Shane took CJays last name after they married. Rawlinson isn't a name you'd be particularly embarrassed to have (my Vet took his wife's name as his family name is Gay) ... does he have a dodgy past? Previous convictions? They'll possibly be hard to find online now charges have been made but, locals ... any clues?

I wonder if CJ is more dominant in the relationship

Hey, thanks for the welcome! That must have taken some time to read.. so I’ve just checked the law pages and nothing showing for either of his names! According to mutual friends who went to school with him he was an ok guy, I get a feeling Cjay probably was the more dominant one! They said other than being a little geeky they certainly didn’t think he would ever have it in him to commit such an horrific crime! He was generally a nice guy, nothing stand out about him

BBM

Unless I've missed something I don't believe they've been charged yet. They are still in custody however.

Officers investigating the death of 16-year-old Louise Smith have tonight charged a man.

Shane Lee Mays, 29, of Somborne Drive, Havant, has been charged with murder and remanded in custody.

He will appear at Portsmouth Magistrates’ Court tomorrow morning (May 29).

A 29-year-old woman, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been released on bail.

Man charged with murder of 16-year-old Louise Smith | Hampshire Constabulary

Wow I wonder if he confessed

It's been really quick from arrest to charge. So either he confessed or they had gained so much evidence whilst they were bailed for kidnap that it was overwhelming for charges to be made.

What's people thoughts on CJ? Completely innocent, unknowingly involved - washing clothes, false alibi, reporting false siting? I'm surprised she has been bailed and I'm interested in finding out the details

What's people thoughts on CJ? Completely innocent, unknowingly involved - washing clothes, false alibi, reporting false siting? I'm surprised she has been bailed and I'm interested in finding out the details

I would guess somewhere along the lines of unknowingly involved/false alibi. Maybe he said something like 'we're supposed to be looking after her but shes not come back last night so maybe we should say she was here this morning and just popped out to the shops' or just asking her for an alibi without her knowing what it was really for.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky
Back