UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Argh. My family are there at the moment with their grandparents and wee cousins -- still police presence and some extra security near trains etc according to them.

What an awful, awful crime -- and as so often against victims who were wholly defenceless, in what should have been a safe space. Bairns dead, injured and traumatized, lives ruined -- and for what?

And it's a teen lad, apparently. Of course.

Guardian has running updates -- apologies if already posted...

From the link:
Colin Parry, the owner of Masters car repair shop, said he had a brief exchange with the man believed to be the attacker minutes before the attack unfolded.

He told the Guardian: “He came down our driveway in a taxi and didn’t pay for the taxi, so I confronted him at that point. He was quite aggressive, he said: ‘What are you gonna do about it?’

“The customer I was dealing with at the time confronted him as well, and he [the attacker] said the same to him.

“Then he turned around and walked out of the drive.”

eta: So who paid for the taxi? Did the driver just drive away without the fare?

Yes, not surprising he is young as he had no access to a car. And refusing to pay the taxi fare. What is always so chilling to me is the amount of damage someone who is so totally inadequate and dim can cause with a large knife. In many ways knife crime is harder to control than guns, but my hope is that the horror of this particular incident could give our uttterly useless politicians the impetus to ban the large machetes. There is no earthly reason for anyone to be carrying these or even owning these.

We have young black males being killed practically every week in London, sadly no-one seems to want to tackle this issue, but it needs to happen. You can't get rid of all knives in society but limiting their size might save a few lives. The usual platitudes are being parroted by the politicians again today. Either say something useful or just button it, people are sick of the platitudes.

Parents need to police their children, especially their young awkward males, we all know who they are. Get in their bedrooms and check if they have knives/drugs, know what they are looking at online. Know what their friends are into (if they have any). They are your responsibility.

It’s been reported that two people, believed to be young children, have sadly died following a tragic and harrowing attack at a property in Southport this morning.

Police have now confirmed that a 17-year-old male from Banks, who was arrested in connection to the stabbing remains in police custody and will be questioned about the incident.

His identity will remain confidential due to his age.

The taxi fare crossed my mind too as they're so cheap in Southport! So not paying the fare was quite a risk imo. Surely it's easier just to pay it (it would be less than a tenner) and do the thing, rather than risk a confrontation. Then again, if he's psychologically put himself in a mindset to kill children, then he probably didn't care. There is an element of risk there as some of the taxi drivers are middle-aged/ old but I have had some younger ones who I wouldn't want to mess with. Maybe the blokes who challenged him were very lucky on reflection.

Another thought crossed my mind, if he was related to any of the children, like the bloke in Ireland who killed his sisters. Such a tragic and bizarre situation with a 17 year old attacking little girls :(

One child has reportedly died and at least seven other people, including children, have been critically injured by a knifeman during a stabbing spree in Southport this morning.

Armed police officers swooped on Hart Street in Southport, Merseyside, at 11.50am, after a knifeman rampaged through a Taylor Swift-themed kids' dance and yoga workshop in a community space.
If it was a Taylor Swift theme Kids dance and yoga workshop that is possibly why it was girls who were injured. Of course boys could have been there too or anyone of any gender. Just my opinion.

I was just about to comment that his name will get out despite his age, owing to the notoriety of the crimes. If this is correct then I am fearful of what happens next. God help us.

MOD NOTE: As always, watch your sources, please. A source that has named the arrested 17-year old is not a valid MSM source, so those posts have been removed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back