UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another possibility [along with several other valid potential motives that were outlined earlier in this thread] is that he is a relative of someone who was attending the dance event. A furious disgruntled older sibling of a much younger and favoured sister, perhaps.

I live 15 minutes walk away from what happened. It's been a terrible day here.
This was my immediate theory of motive. The location/event seemed so random otherwise so my view was that the perpetrator knew exactly where he was going and why (got a taxi straight there) and this didn’t look like any sort of massively advertised event. I reckon he is a relative of one of the children there and so this wasn’t random in that he turned up on the off chance something was happening. I think he targeted it specifically but only because he had specific knowledge it was happening due to a strong family/local connection.

(Even though he was 17 we will find out his name as soon as he turns 18, even though he will be tried as a 17 yr old).

Awful. The poor girls and their families. They are all going to have deep trauma. :( Girls and women deserve to feel safe anywhere at any time. Absolutely horrible.

The age of the alleged offender is shocking but honestly as a male myself I'm not surprised. Way too much content online that can expedite the 'pipeline' so to speak of guys watching misogynistic content, Andrew Tate springs to mind. We have no way of knowing at this stage that's his motive here. There's lots of problematic things that boys of his age has access to without his parents necessarily being aware of what he's looking up.

All JMO
It’s funny you should say that
Andrew Tate posted a video faking concern for the girls on Twitter.

Absolutely heartbreaking. Innocent children going to a small community centre to to enjoy a dance session. I can't wrap my head around why a 17 year old boy would do this...the taxi adds premeditation surely?

There will be a huge ripple of trauma, grieving parents, surviving children and their parents, friends of the children who have died, the local community. How is a parent supposed to feel safe letting their child attend a event again?

It would be interesting to know if he had been trying to communicate with TS.

John Hinckley shot President Reagan in an attempt to impress Jodi Foster.

We could be looking at a similar thing here.

MOO

My guess is that it was random in regards to the victims themselves, but there is precedent for that particular scenario. I remember that mass stabbing in Thailand a couple years ago where the perpetrator intended to attack his child, but massacred other kids in a daycare center when his child wasn’t there.

I think the two most likely options are some mentally ill guy or a terrorist attack.
Surely anybody that takes part in a terrorist attack is by definition mentally ill. I think there is some news management going on by the media. People are so angry and upset by this attack that the authorities are worried about some sort of backlash.

Last edited:
Taylor swift has me bawling. It just hits so close to home, it's something my 9 year old would have loved to be at and I would have sent her without a care in the world. The idea of those children being so excited to be there, just dancing and having fun but never coming home is just devastating

Surely anybody that takes part in a terrorist attack is by definition mentally ill. I think there is some news management going on by the media. People are so angry and upset by this attack that the authorities are worried about some sort of backlash.
Merseyside Police aren't treating the incident as being terror(ism) related.

Feeling so angry about this. Where can any of us feel safe? Just thinking about cases I've followed so far in the UK this year:

We can't feel safe sending our kids to nursery as there are people abusing babies there

We can't feel safe sending our children to school as there are paedophile teachers there

We can't feel safe sending our children to summer clubs

We can't feel safe going on a dog walk alone as we might get attacked

Sure there are many more but other than sitting home at all times what can be done?

MOO and apologies for rant

''Taylor Swift has spoken of her horror at the deadly knife attack on a children’s dance class to her music in Southport.
The US musician posted to her 283million followers on Instagram Stories: “The horror of yesterday’s attack is washing over me continuously and I’m just completely in shock.''
1722334992552.png
Leanne Lucas, 35, has been named locally as one of the heroic dance class teachers wounded while trying to protect children (Supplied)
''Posting a photo of Leanne on Facebook, Sunshine Yoga wrote: “I’m absolutely devastated. Please please pray for Leanne.
“Leanne came on my training course in December. A beautiful young creative girl who was so passionate about helping children. I just can’t believe it. Please pray.”

'jul 30, 2024 SOUTHPORT
A teenager continues to be quizzed by police following a “ferocious” knife attack at a Taylor Swift-themed dance class which left two children dead and six other youngsters in a critical condition.The 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, remains in custody accused of murder and attempted murder following the incident in Hart Street, Southport, on Monday, Merseyside Police said.Continue reading at The Mirror: Why Southport stabbing suspect's identity has not been revealed - the law explained'

My heart goes out to all those affected by this horrific crime.

Until proven otherwise, I believe he deliberately targeted girls and women. Let’s be honest, there won’t have been loads of boys queuing up to be at this session. I am not passing any kind of judgment about this - music is music and anyone can like anything - but it wasn’t a football training camp or similar.

It may be he’s found to have a connection with someone attending, I don’t know how much information police will disclose.

Right now it just seems a particularly horrific and senseless act of violence.

Obviously this is my opinion given the facts at the current time.

8 people are still critical following yesterdays attacks - 6 children & 2 adults.

The world is rooting for you 8.

It sounds like the two teachers + a male from a nearby building put up a hell of a fight to protect these little children - without these people this incident could have been even more tragic.

'Jul 30, 2024 #news #talk #southport
Six children and two adults remain in critical condition as police continue to question a 17-year-old boy over a deadly knife attack in Southport.Two children were killed after a suspected teenage knifeman attacked a Taylor Swift-themed holiday dance class on Monday morning.The boy, born in Cardiff, is being held on suspicion of murder and attempted murder following the attack in Hart Street, Southport, Merseyside Police said.Former Met Police detective Peter Bleksley joins Talk’s Mike Graham to discuss this further.'

jul 30, 2024 #southport #police #juliahartleybrewer
Julia Hartley-Brewer talks about a teenager continuing to be quizzed by police following a “ferocious” knife attack at a Taylor Swift-themed dance class which left two children dead and six other youngsters in a critical condition.

One poster earlier compared the attack to school shooting.

I agree.

Here are the characteristics of school shooters.

I'm certain this perp ticks some boxes below.

"According to studies, factors behind school shooting include easy access to firearms
(knife/machete in this case)

- family dysfunction,
- lack of family supervision,
- and mental illness among many other psychological issues.

Among the topmost motives of attackers were:

- bullying/persecution/
threatened (75%)
- and revenge (61%),
while
- 54% reported having numerous reasons.

The remaining motives included
- an attempt to solve a problem (34%),
- suicide or depression (27%),
- and seeking attention or recognition (24%)."

It is always the same story :(

I bet there were numerous red flags,
which were, unfortunately, not addressed.

The attack was the culmination of previous issues.

JMO

Last edited:
This was my immediate theory of motive. The location/event seemed so random otherwise so my view was that the perpetrator knew exactly where he was going and why (got a taxi straight there) and this didn’t look like any sort of massively advertised event. I reckon he is a relative of one of the children there and so this wasn’t random in that he turned up on the off chance something was happening. I think he targeted it specifically but only because he had specific knowledge it was happening due to a strong family/local connection.

(Even though he was 17 we will find out his name as soon as he turns 18, even though he will be tried as a 17 yr old).
On the basis of what we know at the moment I'm coming down on the side of this being a deliberately targetted attack rather the random killings of somebody suffering from a psychotic event. We know that he took a taxi straight to the venue, which argues in favour of this being targetted rather than random. The venue itself, The Hart Space, is on the first floor of the business centre. In British English that means that it's upstairs. He would have had to go into the business centre and go upstairs to The Hart Space, which again, makes this look like a targetted attack. But who has anything against primary school aged girls dancing to Taylor Swift and doing Yoga? That's the unfathomable thing. If it's the targetting of one particular child who was known to the perpetrator, that would be one way of making sense of this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back