UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip - quoted post was snipped>

Yes, a man working nearby was injured when he heroically went to intervene in the attack.

Each and every person injured and killed during a spree killing not fitting an overall targeted demographic does not rule out the killer having a target demographic.

MOO IMO ETC

Last edited by a moderator:
17 bit young for that surely . Ages 6 and upwards?
Jackal if you see a few posts below my post you quoted that I posted that early on and then after i posted that someone posted the then new news that the perp was 17 years on and I mentioned that I didnt know that when I posted it. Sorry not making sense. Basically you are quoting an early on post of mine before age 17 was apparent.

So I am now baffled. How did he even know this event was happening? It was not in any way in a prominent location. So how did he even know The Hart Space was there. He must have either sought it out specifically (how?) or had this type of specific crime/murderous action in mind and went looking for this kind of group - again how though. I would have thought this would have just been advertised via flyer to local primary schools. So how does he even come across it? Is where he lives even that close to The Hart Centre - it looks to be a 15 min taxi ride from Banks were he supposedly lives.

From what little I can see online The Hart Space seems to cater for small women’s/childrens yoga groups which i can’t see how he would ever come across and know about as a 17yr old male other than specifically seeking out such events? Which is completely chilling when you think about it. That must require a degree of animosity towards children/women that i can’t comprehend.

It's horrific and terrifying and it does seem specifically targetted to me with the taxi ride.

Also strange how he drew attention by causing a commotion beforehand:

"Colin Parry, owner of Masters Vehicle Body Repairs, which is next to where the workshop was being held, told BBC 5Live he was first aware of a commotion because a young man in a face mask was refusing to pay a taxi driver.
He said he and a customer confronted the man but that he asked them, "What are you going to do?", and walked off."

Southport stabbing witness calls it 'worst thing I've ever seen'

An ad for the event was posted on Instagram, and maybe also on other social media. Maybe he followed some "what's happening in your local area" and the ad came up there.
See post #63
Quite possibly - he certainly seemed to head straight there in a taxi and there was nothing else i can see of note in the immediate vicinity that he could have been visiting/targeting before he came across this place (although it doesn’t say much for the quality of the algorithm that pushed this particular advert into the feed of a 17 yr old boy).

Maybe he worked in or had visited one of the nearby small industrial units and that’s how he knew it was a) there and b) lightly staffed rather than being full of people who may have been able to restrain him more.

Horrifying and senseless and incomprehensible. (But sadly very familiar in a US school shooting way - thankfully we don’t have guns. And schools are all locked up now so maybe he would have been a school attacker were it not for increased security there now).

Exactly. Why else is he ordering a taxi and going to a dance class next to a pregnancy care centre?
From reports, he took martial arts class as a kid yet he didn't target a dojo where he surely would've faced a fight. He didn't physically attack the man who confronted him about not paying for his taxi. He picked little kids girls and female dance teachers to attack.

jmo

Last edited:
It's horrific and terrifying and it does seem specifically targetted to me with the taxi ride.

Also strange how he drew attention by causing a commotion beforehand:

"Colin Parry, owner of Masters Vehicle Body Repairs, which is next to where the workshop was being held, told BBC 5Live he was first aware of a commotion because a young man in a face mask was refusing to pay a taxi driver.
He said he and a customer confronted the man but that he asked them, "What are you going to do?", and walked off."

Southport stabbing witness calls it 'worst thing I've ever seen'
That car repair place is next to the lane leading to the dance studio, so he got dropped off right at the location.

Normally anywhere that has children attending is locked ? How did this guy just walk in ??

Is that really the case, in the UK? Schools yes, and I can't comment on things like dance classes, but certainly I've seen events like quite large children's birthday parties in hired venues, such as village halls, and the building wasn't locked.

Is that really the case, in the UK? I can't comment on things like dance classes, but certainly I've seen events like quite large children's birthday parties in hired venues, such as village halls, and the building wasn't locked.
Yea, most places here are usually open, especially in summertime when it's warm and the doors are open to let some air in. Even school playgrounds are accessible to anyone.

Do we know who alerted the emergency services and how quickly?
The interview that Sky News are showing now with a man called Joel Verite is astonishing - such a brave man for stepping inside and helping. He says when he arrived (he was a window cleaner passing by in his van with a colleague) he stopped because he saw a ‘girl’ covered in blood who was calling 999 in the street - so I guess she was first to call. I think he said he took over the call when she collapsed.

He then estimated he was there 8-10 mins before the police arrived.

Yea, most places here are usually open, especially in summertime when it's warm and the doors are open to let some air in. Even school playgrounds are accessible to anyone.

Indeed, and of course there's playgrounds as you say, and lots of outdoor events this time of year. It's not something that can easily be prevented by securing buildings sadly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back