GUILTY UK - Marc Williams, 18, did not arrive home to Uckfield, E. Sussex, found deceased, 29 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes it does seam a lengthy sentence. You should normally get a reduction of sentence for pleading guilty.

A defendant pleading guilty to murder will normally receive a reduction in the minimum term of no more than one- sixth, and the number of years reduced may not exceed five.
I wonder if the violent nature of Lewis death was a contributing factor, Stabbing someone 107 times is a very unsual violent act.

A TEENAGE horror fan stabbed a friend 107 times in a macabre knife attack - before going to see a chilling film.

Lewis Ashdown went to the cinema to watch The Conjuring 3: The Devil Made Me Do It, which contained similarities to the shocking murder.

A court was told there were three scenes in the Hollywood film resembling the merciless attack on Marc Williams in a wooded area of Fairwarp, near Uckfield.

After his trip to the cinema, Ashdown, now 20, got drunk and told a friend he had done something terrible - laughing as he showed him video clips from the scene.

Ashdown, who forced Marc, 18, to drink alcohol before luring him into woodland, took more than an hour of footage, both before and after the crime.

He gouged out Marc's eyes before dumping him in a river.

Videos from that night were too harrowing to be shown at Lewes Crown Court.

The jury was told there was no explanation for the extreme brutality of the sustained and prolonged attack, which was of a sexual or sadistic nature.

Afterwards, Ashdown told his friend: "I took a knife out with me and it just felt right to do it.

"He was begging for help and I just wanted to shut him up."

Ashdown plunged a knife, taken from his mother's kitchen, into Marc's back.

Then, as Marc pleaded for him to call an ambulance, Ashdown stabbed him more than 100 times.

He later confined in his friend that he felt the urge to kill and did not want to stop.

The friend told the police: "All he wanted to do was kill, he said he felt good about it and Marc deserved it.

"He said 'I felt good about it and he deserved to die'."

Ashdown, of Normansland, Uckfield, met Marc, also from Uckfield, late last year after finding video he posted on YouTube of him doing parkour.

The court heard that on May 29 this year, Ashdown lured Marc, who was with his brother, to the woodland. Marc was drunk. Ashdown got him away from his brother by sending him a map with a link of where to meet.

When Marc phoned his family to say he was drunk and heading home, Ashdown reassured them that he would get him home safely.

Instead he killed him in a "horrific, ghastly and gruesome murder" before dumping his half-naked body in a stream.

In an emotional victim impact statement, Marc's mother Lena Williams described Ashdown as a calculating, vicious and cold killer.

She said: "That night was the worst of my life and will forever haunt me, his life, future and dignity were taken.

"All he wanted was a friend. He was trusting. This vulnerability cost him his life.

"I wonder for myself, can I live the rest of my life knowing I will never see my first born again?

"One thing I know is evil can never be rehabilitated."

Judge Christine Laing QC jailed him for life with a minimum sentence of 27 years.

She said: "You killed Marc Williams for some perverted reason of your own which we may never know or understand."

Teenage horror fan who filmed himself stabbing friend 107 times jailed for life

It's interesting that MSM are reporting LA first met MW late last year after seeing one of his youtube videos. More than one person claiming to know them posted on here that they had been friends for years. A salutary lesson in not taking everyone here at face value and/or assuming that what's published in MSM is true. They can't both be right.

This sad case is local to me, I have a son of almost 18 so when the two lads were missing this case really caught my attention. I feel so so sorry for Marc’s family, not only losing their boy but to hear these details must be horrendous. I also cannot imagine how Lewis’s family feel, there were emotional local appeals when he was missing and they can never have imagined this outcome.
I am horrified to read the details, so very glad he was caught and is off the streets and also bewildered by the lack of a life sentence given the circumstances.

This sad case is local to me, I have a son of almost 18 so when the two lads were missing this case really caught my attention. I feel so so sorry for Marc’s family, not only losing their boy but to hear these details must be horrendous. I also cannot imagine how Lewis’s family feel, there were emotional local appeals when he was missing and they can never have imagined this outcome.
I am horrified to read the details, so very glad he was caught and is off the streets and also bewildered by the lack of a life sentence given the circumstances.

bbm

"Judge Christine Laing QC jailed him for life with a minimum sentence of 27 years."

Teenage horror fan who filmed himself stabbing friend 107 times jailed for life

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744
Back