GUILTY UK - Marc Williams, 18, did not arrive home to Uckfield, E. Sussex, found deceased, 29 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Waiting for tox results?

Yeeeah...if the PM was done on Friday 4th (my guess), the tox results might conceivably take until the end of this week to come back, I suppose. But given there's a murder charge on the table, you wouldn't expect them to affect CoD, I wouldn't have thought. I mean it's possible, but if the tox results are of anything other than side interest to the defence, I think that would be yet another strange twist in the way this case is unfolding.

For instance, we might not be surprised to hear that the deceased was intoxicated and that led to the escalation of an argument that ended in his death, say. But it's hard to believe that this was a poisoning, or a hit with a curare dart. ;)

And I would still have expected the police to describe the PM as inconclusive pending tox results.

I still can't understand it really, except in the context of a general suppression of discussion that seems to have dogged this case from the start.

Sigh. Patience, grasshopper. :rolleyes:

Nothing may be heard until LA's court appearance in August.

Are you saying cause of death is not being announced because LA had already been charged by the time the PM was done and therefore it falls under sub judice?

I wondered that - CoD would normally be known promptly, but often no one would have been charged or perhaps even arrested at the time of the PM, whereas the arrest and charge both happened very quickly in this case.

But then I remembered Sarah Everard's CoD being announced fairly recently, because it had taken more than one PM, and yet sub judice would similarly have applied in that case.

So now I'm confused again. :confused:

IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT WEBSLEUTHS:

• Websleuths welcomes ALL new members.
  • Websleuths is a fact-based discussion board. Info posted here must include a link to substantiate the info in mainstream media or from law enforcement.
  • ANYONE claiming to be close to the victim of the case MUST be approved as a Verified Insider to share inside info without providing links. That process is HERE.
  • Posts that violate the above Terms of Service may be removed.
  • Please report any posts that are violation to help keep this site respectful and responsible.
THANK YOU!

The Crown Court
at Lewes Combined Court

Daily Courtroom List for Monday 23 August 2021

Court 3 - sitting at 02:15 pm

HER HONOUR JUDGE LAING QC, THE HONORARY RECORDER OF BRIGHTON AND HOVE

NOT BEFORE 2:15 pm
Plea and Trial Preparation

ASHDOWN Lewis

Defendant to be produced at 10am, All parties to attend court

GUILTY AS CHARGED
Teen who knifed pal over 100 times in frenzied murder on night out before both were reported missing faces life in jail

A TEEN boy today admitted stabbing his friend more than 100 times in a gruesome knife attack after a night out.

Marc Williams, 18, had been out with Lewis Ashdown, 20, in Uckfield, East Sussex, in May but neither returned home.

Williams today admitted murdering his friend between May 28 to May 31.

He was told he faces a life sentence when he appears for a hearing at Lewes Crown Court next month.

Marc had phoned his family at 11.30pm on May 29 to say he was on his way home but never returned.

Meanwhile, Ashdown was seen in Crowborough around 11am the following day before being arrested.

Teen knifed pal over 100 times in frenzied murder on night out

Lewis Power QC for Ashdown said there were no issues around his fitness to plead before the 20-year-old answered guilty to the charge of murdering his friend.

“He knows it’s a life sentence,” Mr Power said.

“He will say he did not pre-plan the murder but at the scene he did form the intent and he did carry out that murder.”

Marc’s heartbroken family paid tribute to the cheeky boy who never returned home from a night out with his friends in May this year.

His family said: “Marc touched the hearts of so many people, and made their lives brighter with his loving, caring and thoughtful actions.

“We are feeling his loss every second and that will never change.

“Our hearts are broken.

“Rest peacefully, our cheeky boy.

“With so much love from Mum, Dad and your whole family.”

Ashdown pleaded guilty to murder between May 28 and May 31 this year.

He also pleaded guilty to having an offensive weapon.

He will be sentenced next month.

Twenty-year-old admits murdering his friend by stabbing him more than 100 times

A man who stabbed his friend more than 100 times in a frenzied knife attack faces life in prison after pleading guilty to his murder.

He appeared in court with his glasses tucked into a blue jumper.

Ashdown, of Normansland, Fairwarp, Uckfield, played with his beard and folded his arms in the dock at Lewes Crown Court as he was told he would be jailed for life at a sentencing hearing next month.

Family members wiped tears from their eyes as the court heard there would be no trial.

Uckfield man faces prison after stabbing friend more than 100 times

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back