GUILTY UK - Marc Williams, 18, did not arrive home to Uckfield, E. Sussex, found deceased, 29 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm also really curious as to how he moved the body ...this is a strange one ..I really do not think it was an accident around their previous dangerous hobbies

People who are into the outdoor exploring tend to be a fitter/stronger from my experience because climbing stuff etc tends to take a certain level of strength. Marc is described as "thin", which I'd agree from pictures I've seen so potentially not hugely heavy. I think he'd have had a hell of a job but I wouldn't completely rule out him carrying him that far over the course of the night through a few fields before you get to the start of those woods.

People who are into the outdoor exploring tend to be a fitter/stronger from my experience because climbing stuff etc tends to take a certain level of strength. Marc is described as "thin", which I'd agree from pictures I've seen so potentially not hugely heavy. I think he'd have had a hell of a job but I wouldn't completely rule out him carrying him that far over the course of the night through a few fields before you get to the start of those woods.

Hmm, but dead bodies are really heavy! I mean, you may be right, but he'd first have to carry him outwith the boundary of the village itself without anyone seeing him, then cross fields, including crossing water at some point, and then make his way through a half a mile of woodland before reaching the area where the body was found. It's two miles as the crow flies, and his route would not have been that direct by a long chalk. (Map attached)

It's not impossible, but tbh I'd sooner believe that Maresfield is not the primary crime scene after all (e.g. that there was a confession but it was garbled), or that there was someone else involved (have been wondering about that anyway), or that there was access to a vehicle (probably the most likely scenario, realistically).

It would certainly account for why he never came home though, and for being in a state the next morning.

JMO

MW_Maresfield to Herons Ghyll.jpg

Hmm, but dead bodies are really heavy! I mean, you may be right, but he'd first have to carry him outwith the boundary of the village itself without anyone seeing him, then cross fields, including crossing water at some point, and then make his way through a half a mile of woodland before reaching the area where the body was found. It's two miles as the crow flies, and his route would not have been that direct by a long chalk. (Map attached)

It's not impossible, but tbh I'd sooner believe that Maresfield is not the primary crime scene after all (e.g. that there was a confession but it was garbled), or that there was someone else involved (have been wondering about that anyway), or that there was access to a vehicle (probably the most likely scenario, realistically).

It would certainly account for why he never came home though, and for being in a state the next morning.

JMO

View attachment 299570

He'd need to get him up over a shoulder I think to stand any chance. If average walking speed is 3mph but say he'd be slower at say 2mph then it's around an hour of carrying. He could realistically have had a 20 minute rest for each 5 minutes of carrying and still pull it off overnight. He'd have to cross the A22 but with it being night if concealed in tree's he'd just have been able to wait until there were no distant lights, I don't know how busy it would be at say midnight?

The ground looks relatively flat, it would be a hell of a struggle up a hill.

The water is a problem, I'll have to see if there is any bridge etc over it in that area.

If it turned out he had a car or it was wrong that he was killed there it'd make a lot of sense. I am just trying to find something that matches what was stated.

He'd need to get him up over a shoulder I think to stand any chance. If average walking speed is 3mph but say he'd be slower at say 2mph then it's around an hour of carrying. He could realistically have had a 20 minute rest for each 5 minutes of carrying and still pull it off overnight. He'd have to cross the A22 but with it being night if concealed in tree's he'd just have been able to wait until there were no distant lights, I don't know how busy it would be at say midnight?

The water is a problem, I'll have to see if there is any bridge etc over it in that area.

If it turned out he had a car or it was wrong that he was killed there it'd make a lot of sense. I am just trying to find something that matches what was stated.

The A22 and A26 are both busy roads but at that time of night there would definitely be breaks in the traffic. I don't see that he would need to cross either though.

It's about half and half (OS map attached). Heron's Ghyll itself is low but Hendall/Hendall Wood is higher than Maresfield so he'd have to go up before he could go down. If he went via the footpaths towards Fairwarp, which he is probably very familiar with, he'd go up yet further before coming down considerably.

He's also two inches shorter than MW, according to the misper releases.

I can't like it as a theory, sorry! A spirited attempt though! :p

JMO

[ed. for clarity]

MW_Maresfield to Herons Ghyll_OS.jpg

Last edited:
But why would he bother to carry him that distance? Surely he could have hidden his body somewhere much closer to the rec?

I mean the rec is where if I was him I'd expect the 1st searches to be. Delaying the time to the discovery of the body would delay the Police investigation and give him more time to leave the area and try to go underground. A search for 2 missing adult men you'd expect to get less attention than a dead body.

Regardless of how, it implies to me the motivation to hide Marc for his own preservation which I believe doesn't look good when trying to claim insanity (assuming his defence are looking at that avenue.)

Regardless of how, it implies to me the motivation to hide Marc for his own preservation which I believe doesn't look good when trying to claim insanity (assuming his defence are looking at that avenue.)

SBM

Yes, I agree. The discovery that the murder took place in Maresfield is a gamechanger imo. An insanity plea is a pretty hard sell in the context of a primary crime scene and a dump site. Stunt gone wrong, panicked covering of evidence and diminished responsibility I could just about get on board with.

I really want to know what the CoD is.

JMO

Thousands raised for the funeral of a teenager found dead in woods

Not really much new in this article, but thought it was interesting to know that the organiser of the fundraiser (Lee Williams, so presumeably a relative) said that Marc rung them to say he was coming home after he'd been out drinking with his friend. So this suggests alcohol was involved for both boys.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread has been reinstated. Someone had created a separate thread for Lewis Ashdown and it has been removed.

From what we can figure out, the reason this current thread also ended up being inadvertently removed is as follows:

Earlier this week, when WS staff were in the process of Moving the above thread for Lewis to the Located sub-forum it was discovered it was an unnecessary, duplicate thread and needed to be Pulled. At the same time, another staff member was attempting to Merge posts from the two separate threads so as not to lose any posts. The end result was that, between a Move, a Pull, and a Merge, there was a split second timing glitch where this newly combined thread got pulled.

This video is rather interesting.

Done back in March, MW is talking about the channel and where it's going. He says he wants to get back into the climbing and was going to talk to LA.

Interestingly, he mentions how his back is pretty bad and was going to go to hospital.

I do wonder if they were doing something like this, building climbing, last Saturday night and perhaps they were larking around and MW got pushed accidentally? JMO.

I'm wondering if @kuver1 is around still, having been the one who let us know about the urban exploring in the first place? It would be good to get your insights, if so.

This video is rather interesting.

Done back in March, MW is talking about the channel and where it's going. He says he wants to get back into the climbing and was going to talk to LA.

Interestingly, he mentions how his back is pretty bad and was going to go to hospital.

I do wonder if they were doing something like this, building climbing, last Saturday night and perhaps they were larking around and MW got pushed accidentally? JMO.

My only issue with this is that Marc called to say he was on his way home which would seem to imply what he'd gone out to do had finished. I guess they could have seen something interesting on their way back? But it's fairly local to them, you'd think they might know good local spots already since it seems they've done it a reasonable while.

My only issue with this is that Marc called to say he was on his way home which would seem to imply what he'd gone out to do had finished. I guess they could have seen something interesting on their way back? But it's fairly local to them, you'd think they might know good local spots already since it seems they've done it a reasonable while.

The last video on the channel is from April, climbing a construction in Eastbourne which MW says he did while drunk.

Again, I come back to this interest between the two, plus drinking, plus MW having some kind of back problems already, and wonder if he was accidentally pushed while they were messing around, and LA panicked because of their previous encounters with the police for trespass.

I just puzzle how MW ended up where he did, unless LA had a car.

I do feel for both lads and their parents, because whatever happened LA is going to have to live with this forever.

The last video on the channel is from April, climbing a construction in Eastbourne which MW says he did while drunk.

Again, I come back to this interest between the two, plus drinking, plus MW having some kind of back problems already, and wonder if he was accidentally pushed while they were messing around, and LA panicked because of their previous encounters with the police for trespass.

I just puzzle how MW ended up where he did, unless LA had a car.

I do feel for both lads and their parents, because whatever happened LA is going to have to live with this forever.
Surely if it had been an accident there would not now be a murder charge? Why would LA not have rung for an Ambulance if his friend was injured? I am inclined to think a drunken falling out between them which led to violence. Could they have been having a relationship secret or otherwise?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back