GUILTY UK - Marc Williams, 18, did not arrive home to Uckfield, E. Sussex, found deceased, 29 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A man has pleaded guilty to the murder of a teenager in woodland near Uckfield.

At Lewes Crown Court on Monday (August 23), Lewis Ashdown admitted murdering 18-year-old Marc Williams in the early hours of Sunday 30 May, 2021. The pair, who were associates, had met up the night before in Fairwarp.

Ashdown, 20, a chef, of Normansland, Uckfield, was charged after Marc’s body was found by police in a wooded area of Fairwarp. It was confirmed he had died as a result of multiple stab wounds.

Ashdown pleaded guilty to murder and possession of an offensive weapon, and has been remanded in custody for sentencing on September 24.

Senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Emma Vickers, said: “This was a horrendous and unprovoked attack on a young man who thought he was simply out enjoying an evening with a friend.

“Lewis Ashdown took advantage of Marc’s trust and friendship, and killed him in a sustained and violent assault.

“Our thoughts are very much with the family and friends of Marc at this incredibly distressing time.”

https://www.sussex.police.uk/news/s...murdering-teenager-in-woodland-near-uckfield/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210824-013941_Firefox-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210824-013941_Firefox-01.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 31
What on earth happened? Sounds like a complete psycho

I agree. I was very surprised at the plea. He had a psychiatric evaluation, so if there's no suggestion of, say, a psychotic episode, I'm surprised there's no evidence of drug use. Either of those could in principle have led to a plea of NG by reason of diminished responsibility/insanity, which is more what I was expecting. Because stabbing your mate 100+ times after spending Saturday evening hanging out together isn't really normal by anyone's standards, is it.

I wonder if we will ever really understand what went on here tbh.

I could have sworn somebody helpfully posted the new date for sentencing in this case, but I can't find it now, which is mysterious. Did I dream it? Am I thinking of another thread?

Since court schedules are a matter of public record, I can easily email the scheduling clerk at Lewes Crown Court and ask, but I'm loath to waste their time like that if someone else here already knows the answer (presumably from the same overworked source). TIA to anyone who can help.

The Crown Court
at Lewes Combined Court

Daily Courtroom List for Thursday 28 October 2021
FINAL

Court 3 - sitting at 10:00 am

HER HONOUR JUDGE LAING QC, THE HONORARY RECORDER OF BRIGHTON AND HOVE

For Sentence
CP Case ASHDOWN Lewis 47EE1677921
Other Prosecutor
Defendant to be produced, all parties to attend court in person

Lewis Ashdown has today been jailed for life with a minimum of 27 years for the murder of 18-year-old Marc Williams in woodland near Uckfield earlier this year.

Marc had considered Ashdown a friend and met up with him in Fariwarp on the evening of May 29, 2021. However, when Marc failed to return home, his family reported him as a missing person.

As Ashdown was also missing, officers carried out a search of his home address. It was here they found bloodied clothing hidden in a wardrobe. The blood was quickly found to belong to Marc.

A murder investigation was launched and Marc's body was later sadly found in woodland near Fairwarp. He died as a result of multiple stab wounds.

Ashdown, 20, was arrested on suspicion of murder and possession of an offensive weapon, and pleaded guilty to both offences.

Read more ➡️ https://orlo.uk/GV913

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back