GUILTY UK - Marc Williams, 18, did not arrive home to Uckfield, E. Sussex, found deceased, 29 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I should probably add this in here as a bit of context. I know these two boys personally as I used to work in the area. Marc owns a YouTube channel called "Displace" where him and Lewis used to upload urban exploring videos onto the channel.

Here is the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84qp4F6ubDpKi1_RP1DMcg#

Here is a video where you can see both boys in the video's intro:

Which is why I find this situation confusing. Why would Lewis kill Marc when they're both good friends? This wasn't a conflict that happened the first time they met, they've been friends for years.

Hopefully this means something

I should probably add this in here as a bit of context. I know these two boys personally as I used to work in the area. Marc owns a YouTube channel called "Displace" where him and Lewis used to upload urban exploring videos onto the channel.

Which is why I find this situation confusing. Why would Lewis kill Marc when they're both good friends? This wasn't a conflict that happened the first time they met, they've been friends for years.

Thanks for that insight @kuver1 and welcome to WS. I wonder if the purpose of meeting up at Maresfield was to do an urbex recce. From the looks of the youtube channel, they've taken a few physical risks in the past e.g. climbing under the swing bridge at Newhaven etc. Perhaps something went just went wrong and LA panicked etc? :(

Or...perhaps the POI is someone else entirely and Lewis went into hiding out of fear?

JMO

Thanks for that insight @kuver1 and welcome to WS. I wonder if the purpose of meeting up at Maresfield was to do an urbex recce. From the looks of the youtube channel, they've taken a few physical risks in the past e.g. climbing under the swing bridge at Newhaven etc. Perhaps something went just went wrong and LA panicked etc? :(

Or...perhaps the POI is someone else entirely and Lewis went into hiding out of fear?

JMO

I think him having been found and then it seems arrested quite soon after specifically for murder would suggest there is some evidence he's not just tied up in a shed and/or that Lewis has confessed. He's only been missing a couple of days, it's quite a jump to just assume he is dead.

JMO.

I think him having been found and then it seems arrested quite soon after specifically for murder would suggest there is some evidence he's not just tied up in a shed and/or that Lewis has confessed.

JMO.

I'm not trying to suggest Marc is still alive. I'm just trying to square what we know with what @kuver1 is saying about them being friends of long standing.

And - have I missed something? Do we know for sure who the arrested 19yo is?

Last edited:
I'm not trying to suggest Marc is still alive. I'm just trying to square what we know with what @kuver1 is saying about them being friends of long standing.

And - have I missed something? Do we know for sure that the arrested 19yo is Lewis?

I didn't mean to suggest you were :), just that it's an unusual charge when there is no body (that has been reported anyway.)

Whoops, I did somewhat jump to conclusions. I guess we'll see.

I know... there have been a lot of cases recently with murder charges before a body has been located, e.g. Sarah Everard, Ágnes Ákom. You'd think it would be fantastically rare, but it's starting to seem not. I guess we'll just have to be patient for more info...

Thanks for that.

Could Marc perhaps have been somewhere illegally doing one of these videos and had an accident?

Marc Williams, 18, from Uckfield, East Sussex, had not been seen since the night of Saturday May 29, when after having been out with a friend in the Maresfield Recreation Ground area of the town for the evening, he called home and told his family he was on his way home at about 11.30pm. He never made it home.

Later on Sunday, he it was revealed that Marc's friend, Lewis Ashdown, 19, was also missing, and a police search got underway.

Police searching for missing teenagers after night out | The Argus

It was initially thought they may be together, although Lewis was sighted in Chapel Green, Crowborough about 11am on Sunday near the White Hart pub where he worked, but had not returned home.

It was then announced on Tuesday, June 1, that Lewis had been found. Marc remained missing.

Missing Uckfield teen found

Further reports came later the same day that a teenager had been arrested on suspicion of the murder of Marc.

Teenager, 19, is arrested on suspicion of the murder of 18-year-old Marc Williams in East Sussex | Daily Mail Online

Search teams then located a body in woodland surrounding the Heron’s Ghyll area late Tuesday night.

Lewis Ashdown, 19, of Normansland, was arrested on suspicion of his murder in Eastbourne on Tuesday and has now been charged.

He has been remanded in custody to appear at Lewes Crown Court on Friday June 4.

Man charged over murder of Marc Williams | ITV News

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210603-234309_Firefox-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20210603-234309_Firefox-01.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Police investigating the disappearance of 18-year-old Marc found a body in woodland surrounding the Heron’s Ghyll area late Tuesday night (June 1).

Today (Thursday, June 3), the body was formally identified to be that of Marc Williams.

In a statement released through Sussex Police, Marc’s family said: “Marc touched the hearts of so many people, and made their lives brighter with his loving, caring and thoughtful actions.

“We are feeling his loss every second and that will never change. Our hearts are broken.

“Rest peacefully, our cheeky boy. With so much love from Mum, Dad and your whole family.”

Family pays tribute to Uckfield teenager, Marc Williams

Just thought I would post some useful links.

These are news releases from Sussex Police, charting the progression of the case from missing person to murder enquiry:

Wed 2 June 1027h: Body found in search for missing Marc Williams
Thu 3 June 0750h: Man charged with murder of Marc Williams
Thu 3 June 1819h: Family pays tribute to Uckfield teenager Marc Williams

Also some local press:
Pictures show dozens of officers combing woodland after discovery of teen's body
and
PICTURES: Body found near Heron’s Ghyll after man arrested in Eastbourne

I agree with your assessment. So what could've happened?

An accident? Prank that went wrong? They were both into Urban Xploration - perhaps the person who previously posted who knows them both, if they see this could put up the vid again too - and that looked like it could cause injury. Maybe LA just simply panicked? Because they had apparently been close friends for a number of years.

I agree with your assessment. So what could've happened?

I'd be purely speculating. I hope the PM gives some answers. Perhaps something like a shared love interest that led to a fight and it's got out of hand/Marc lands on his head and Lewis panics?

Obviously if there are stab wounds or a weapon being used it'd seem less likely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744
Back