Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So was Margaret Cairney also Margaret Fleming's carer? Or did she and her husband live separately?

Not sure! I get the impression Avril was a fling, possibly met via the hotel, and his marriage probably ended as a result. I suppose none of the pre-1997 stuff is entirely relevant but it's useful to build up a picture (I think so, anyway!) of how they ended up in the current house together, with Margaret Fleming.

If anyone twigs any more dates let me know and I'll update. Also interested whether any of the adults had children of their own.

Not sure! I get the impression Avril was a fling, possibly met via the hotel, and his marriage probably ended as a result. I suppose none of the pre-1997 stuff is entirely relevant but it's useful to build up a picture (I think so, anyway!) of how they ended up in the current house together, with Margaret Fleming.

If anyone twigs any more dates let me know and I'll update. Also interested whether any of the adults had children of their own.

Thanks for the timeline and I would say that the pre-1997/8 stuff is very relevant. It reinforces in many people's minds the issue about EC in financial trouble, the continued claiming of benefits etc. IMO MF left this world shortly after her last sighting at the party and they seen a way to keep the cash coming in.

Yes police Scotland are playing the long game here and they know exactly what they're doing. Wee Avril looked so uncomfortable in the interview I almost felt sorry for her.

Random thought but maybe the hotel Big Eddie owned should be searched. I'm now thinking of HH Holmes!

If it's the hotel I'm thinking about then it has been converted to flats

The Castle Levan B&B is just behind the old hotel, both are right beside the Levan Burn. I didn't even know the Castle tower existed. The castle keep is right in a housing scheme.

This part of Gourock is known as Castle Levan.

It looks like the initial planning application for the flats was submitted around Feb 1997.

attachment.php

The Edinburgh Gazette
Publication date:14 February 1997
Issue:24141 Page:324

A further planning notice was published in 1998:

attachment.php

The Edinburgh Gazette
Publication date:6 February 1998
Issue:24342 Page:295

As of April 1998, the old hotel property appears to be owned by the company detailed in the second planning application, as there was a loan secured against it:

attachment.php

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/...MxMmFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    110.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    102.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    49 KB · Views: 126
@ Legally Bland

Great information, good searching. :tyou: I just love this group informative data - what WS is all about imo.

Top marks for being a nosy git Legally Bland. I am impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soon to be demolished by local council. I bet this inciden is a huge embarrassment to the village. I think Avril grew up there, her family lives there, wouldn't there have been local gossip about the missing disabled girl, and about their hoarding?

Not long into the case a friend of the carers said she visited the house on and off, I assume others must have too. I wonder what they said when they asked about Margaret?

And what about the neighbours? The postman? The state of the house from the outside? The smell? Very very bizarre.

17 years is a long time to wonder about someone.

Not long into the case a friend of the carers said she visited the house on and off, I assume others must have too. I wonder what they said when they asked about Margaret?

And what about the neighbours? The postman? The state of the house from the outside? The smell? Very very bizarre.

17 years is a long time to wonder about someone.

This is what I don't understand, it should be easy to prove they're lying. Lack of DNA, witness statements etc. I know in English law the police can arrest and interrogate "with reasonable suspicion", is Scotland more like America i.e. more proof is needed?

I'm chucking this link it again, as I think all UK members who sleuth US cases should read it. The arrest laws are significantly different and this article sums it up nicely:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._is_being_arrested_different_in_britain_.html

And thank you too, Taskforce, for being our feet on the ground this time. I'm sure someone else is local too?

This is what I don't understand, it should be easy to prove they're lying. Lack of DNA, witness statements etc. I know in English law the police can arrest and interrogate "with reasonable suspicion", is Scotland more like America i.e. more proof is needed?

Scottish laws are different, I'm not entirely sure how (I've only moved up here 3 months!), I'm not sure the proof needed is as high as it would be in the US, but I think it's slightly more than England.
The court system seems to be more complicated up here too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back