Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
STV replied. They don’t know who Margaret Cruikshanks is, they are just following the charge sheet but believe it’s a separate person. And yes they will be covering the case.

Consider the Cags unpatched!!

Haha! At least you learned a new phrase out of it. That was nice of them to reply.

I really think MC is Margaret's mum. But it could be an unconnected person and they're using the incident to show EC is capable of terrible cruelty - sort of like Rose Wests trial where her non-murdered victims helped convict her of murder.

Sick juror, starting over again:

THE Margaret Fleming murder trial was deserted yesterday as it prepared to move into its second day.

Proceedings at the High Court in Glasgow against Eddie Cairney and Avril Jones - who deny killing the missing Inverkip woman - came to a sudden halt after it emerged that a juror was sick.

It meant that the case had to be deserted, with a whole new jury having to be selected.

The case is expected to restart today, with the trial expected to last over a month.

Margaret Fleming murder trial in Glasgow is deserted | Greenock Telegraph

Sick juror, starting over again:

THE Margaret Fleming murder trial was deserted yesterday as it prepared to move into its second day.

Proceedings at the High Court in Glasgow against Eddie Cairney and Avril Jones - who deny killing the missing Inverkip woman - came to a sudden halt after it emerged that a juror was sick.

It meant that the case had to be deserted, with a whole new jury having to be selected.

The case is expected to restart today, with the trial expected to last over a month.

Margaret Fleming murder trial in Glasgow is deserted | Greenock Telegraph

Isn't this all so strange (weird even).
I was reading old MSM articles about it last night and they mention over 200 witnesses will be called (no doubt many Expert Witnesses amongst that) and vast amounts of paperwork included.
Wonder if it will be concluded before Xmas the way things are !
But then we have no idea of what the Defence may entail............hmmmm

Not sure of the law but I'm not aware of back up jurors in Scotland or even in England or Wales.

I think if this juror got ill midway through the trial it would still carry on but because it was only one day in perhaps they thought it was best to just start fresh.

Not sure of the law but I'm not aware of back up jurors in Scotland or even in England or Wales.

I think if this juror got ill midway through the trial it would still carry on but because it was only one day in perhaps they thought it was best to just start fresh.

Ironside, I have a cunning plan.... get yourself over to Glasgae, get a job as the new juror, and live-post us all the details. Thanks!!

Is anything happening with this case? I can find very little, I thought the press would be all over it!

Is anything happening with this case? I can find very little, I thought the press would be all over it!

Can only find this, and it isn't listed again for this week

Glasgow HC
Case Session Date Proceedings Case Reference PF Ref No Court Name
HMA v Edward CAIRNEY Tuesday 2 OCT 2018 Indictment - Adjourned Trial SCS/2018-011422 GR17002341 Glasgow HC
HMA v Avril JONES Tuesday 2 OCT 2018 Indictment - Adjourned Trial SCS/2018-011422 GR17002341 Glasgow HC

From the link above, it says the trial is expected to last six to eight weeks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen
Back