Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe he's in a care home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very possible and it would explain why the media has left him alone.

Normally I'd feel sad for anyone whose home is to be demolished (I watch a lot of those hoarders tv shows!) but I think I will actually be laughing if this dump gets torn down.

A new article, with a rumour that Margaret is "living with gipsies in England". Also confirmed that Mr Cairney is living in England while Avril Jones stays at their house. Avril Jones is quoted as saying the police do not regard them as suspects, which I find very hard to believe.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4909184/Missing-woman-ran-live-gipsies-say-friends.html

Missing vulnerable woman who hasn't been seen for 18 years has 'run off to live with gipsies', friends claim

Claims that a woman who has not been seen for 18 years is living a secret new life with gipsies in England are being investigated by police.

Margaret Fleming, 36, was reported missing by her carers Edward Cairney and Avril Jones last October after the police and benefits agency staff turned up at their home.

The couple claimed that Miss Fleming, who has learning difficulties, had left the run-down five-bedroom house in Inverkip, Renfrewshire, only hours before the visit by the authorities.

A new article, with a rumour that Margaret is "living with gipsies in England". Also confirmed that Mr Cairney is living in England while Avril Jones stays at their house. Avril Jones is quoted as saying the police do not regard them as suspects, which I find very hard to believe.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4909184/Missing-woman-ran-live-gipsies-say-friends.html

It could be true. There was a gypsy family somewhere in Britain who were using people who are disabled or who had learning difficulties to work for them

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/rooney-victims-found-confused-dishevelled-444076

If she'd run off to be with gypsies surely the carers would have told the police that when they turned up at the door?

Funny how this idea has only surfaced after the big news story about the exploitative traveller family recently!

The former deep sea diver, who is thought to have worked at the Royal Navy nuclear submarine base at nearby Faslane, was a familiar sight in the hotel’s bar. Since checking out on September 8, he has not returned to Seacroft and Miss Jones said: ‘He’s in England just now.’

hmm interesting new info on him

The former deep sea diver, who is thought to have worked at the Royal Navy nuclear submarine base at nearby Faslane, was a familiar sight in the hotel’s bar. Since checking out on September 8, he has not returned to Seacroft and Miss Jones said: ‘He’s a hin England just now.’

hmm interesting new info on him

Is this about Cairney? When was Margaret reported missing? I can't remember if the police spoke to him

Woman who cared for missing Margaret Fleming tries to sell her cottage despite council's attempt to have it demolished

The woman who cared for missing Margaret Fleming is trying to sell the isolated cottage they lived at despite a council's attempt to have the dilapidated property torn down.

Avril Jones, 56, who cared for Miss Fleming, is trying to sell the run-down five-bedroom house in Inverkip, Renfrewshire.

Lawyers acting for Miss Jones have challenged a demolition order issued by Inverclyde Council, who said it was unfit for human habitation.

Miss Jones' lawyers said a mystery buyer wanted to buy the house with their own plans to bulldoze it. She has been granted an extra two weeks to see whether a sale is likely to go ahead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940894/Carer-tries-sell-house-Margaret-Fleming-lived.html

Maybe the gypsies want to buy it!

It could be true. There was a gypsy family somewhere in Britain who were using people who are disabled or who had learning difficulties to work for them

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/rooney-victims-found-confused-dishevelled-444076

It's important to clarify what one means by "gipsies". The term is used fairly indiscriminately to refer to two very different groups of people:

(1) Romanies or Roma, who are an ethnic group originating in India. AFAIK in the UK they have not been involved in slavery or forced labour.
(2) Irish Travellers, who originated in Ireland and came to the UK at various times over the past 200 years. These are the ones who are very widely involved in slavery, forced labour and other criminal activities. However I don't recall seeing any reports of them enslaving women as they seem to target men for use in building and construction work.

I'd disagree about Romany not being involved in slavery, there are begging gangs in Glasgow which are clearly exploiting people. I've seen the disgusting organisers take the proceeds away with my own eyes. Anyhow the gypsy story is complete nonsense IMO and poor Margaret is somewhere in the Clyde.

There has been a blue works van parked in the driveway of the house for the past two weeks or so. Not sure if work is being carried out or visitors.

I wonder who the mystery buyer is?

Perhaps a ruse to search the foundations.

Nah if police wanted to search the foundations they just would have done it .

True.

I just find it interesting that the council wanted to knock it down but the occupier launched an appeal. Now a mystery buyer wants to buy it and knock it down.

The house certainly needs knocked down before it falls down.

Right, that's sinking in a bit.

Margaret was there when the police came and she did a runner.

She's been in London and Poland, working as a gangmaster.

She's into drugs.

Her behavioral issues have improved.

Her father was a crooked lawyer.

They've seen her once and had a phonecall since she disappeared.

When asked what they'd say to her if she was watching there was silence.

Anything else?

FGS !! I am quoting from that BBC link above. Much as I hope Margaret is safe and well......... Is this believable ????

Mr Cairney described Margaret as a "happy person but she had fits of being very morose".

He said: "She was short, fat, dirty, she would not clean herself."#

When asked if he had heard from her since she went missing, he said: "Yes I have.
"I've heard her on the phone but the police took the phones away so she wouldn't know how to contact us.

"The first time that I knew where she was she was in London.
"I told the police that. I told the police where she could be found in the next six hours and they didn't do anything about it."

'Become a gangmaster'
He said over the year since Margaret was reported missing she had been in Poland and London.

"I have got no idea how many other places. She has been doing a gangmaster, do you know what that is?

"In spite of her difficulties she has become a person who recruits and hires out agricultural workers."

Asked to confirm if he meant that she worked for a gangmaster, Mr Cairney replied: "No, she has become a gangmaster. She is hiring people."

I was casually watching BBC One when this came on the news. My husband and I both sat open mouthed not saying anything as we were both so shocked!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back