GUILTY UK - Mee Kuen "Deborah" Chong, 67, Wembley, London, decapitated in woods, Salcombe, Jun 2021 *arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
15 minutes - would that be long enough for a judge's consideration and approval of bail?

I'm just guessing here - so if anyone knows better, feel free to correct me - but I would think the judge has already had the chance to weigh up the most pertinent information and the hearing would just be about eliciting undertakings to, say, report daily to a police station or wear a Buddi tag, to put everything on record and set in motion any action to be taken. Or alternatively to say no, of course.

<modsnip>

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
A family walking their dog found the headless body of a missing murdered pensioner.

The Old Bailey heard today how the animal lovers had been in woods with their pet when they discovered Mee Kuen Chong, 67.

Jemma Mitchell, 36, is accused of murdering the OAP and driving more than 250 miles to Devon to dump her body.

The Malaysian national, from Wembley, was reported missing on June 11.

Mitchell appeared at the Old Bailey today via video-link from Bronzefield prison.

Prosecutor Oliver Glasgow said: ‘The allegation is that she murdered Mee Kuen Chong, who was a Malaysan woman of 67 years of age.

Judge Mark Lucraft, QC, remanded her in custody ahead of a plea and trial preparation hearing on September 28.

Pensioner's headless body was found in woods by family walking their dog | Daily Mail Online

The Metropolitan Police have issued a new appeal this weekend for witnesses who may have been in the Bennett Road area of Salcombe on 25, 26 and 27 June.

Police issue witness appeal in Mee Kuen Chong death

The Metropolitan Police are asking for assistance with its investigation following the death of Mee Chong

Also to add from the same link:

A forensic post-mortem examination has now been completed and police are treating the death as murder.

Crime scenes remain in place at two residential premises in North West London and police searches are likely to continue over the coming days.
---
An incident room has been set up. Anyone with information should call 0208 358 0300. Alternatively, information can be provided to the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

The Metropolitan Police have issued a new appeal this weekend for witnesses who may have been in the Bennett Road area of Salcombe on 25, 26 and 27 June.

Police issue witness appeal in Mee Kuen Chong death

The Metropolitan Police are asking for assistance with its investigation following the death of Mee Chong
I find the wording really quite specific and I'm trying to think why it would be phrased like this -

“I would ask anyone that may have seen any suspicious activity on Bennett Road, Salcombe on the 27th June 2021 and any persons who have walked through that area on the 25 or 26 June 2021, who has not yet spoken to police, to please come forward."

"At approximately 5pm on Sunday 27 June, Mee Chong’s body was located in a wooded area near Bennett Road. Mee Chong was last seen in London on Thursday 10 June and reported missing to the Metropolitan Police on Friday 11 June."

ETA 27th June was a Sunday.

It sounds as if they know JM was there for a long weekend from the Friday to Sunday.

It's here in Devon Road right in front of these seats.

Google Maps
They're not asking about Devon Road, even though those steps cordoned off are in Devon Rd. So I think it's probable that this wasn't where the body was disposed of and they just sealed it off because it provided access out the other side of the woods into Bennett Road.

I'm back to thinking the disposal happened at the other end of Bennett Road in woodlands sloping down from Bennett Road to Cliff Road, but it's just a guess from going along those roads on google maps and looking at possible car stopping points and access to woods that isn't walled off, as well as being at the top of the hill, as opposed to having to take the body uphill.

MOO

They're not asking about Devon Road, even though those steps cordoned off are in Devon Rd. So I think it's probable that this wasn't where the body was disposed of and they just sealed it off because it provided access out the other side of the woods into Bennett Road.

I'm back to thinking the disposal happened at the other end of Bennett Road in woodlands sloping down from Bennett Road to Cliff Road, but it's just a guess from going along those roads on google maps and looking at possible car stopping points and access to woods that isn't walled off, as well as being at the top of the hill, as opposed to having to take the body uphill.

MOO

@SunnyCove is local - perhaps they can help us pin this down?

Timing now up on Court Serve

The Crown Court at Central Criminal Court

Daily Courtroom List for Tuesday 28 September 2021
FINAL 1

CENTRAL CRIMINAL COURT

Court 1
- sitting at 09:30 am

HIS HONOUR JUDGE LEONARD QC

SITTING AT 10:00 am
Plea and Trial Preparation

T20217217 MITCHELL Jemma
01MP0140621 NWLNM
Crown Prosecution Service
DTA

A property developer has pleaded not guilty to the murder of a woman who went missing from London and was found dead more than 200 miles away in Devon.

Jemma Mitchell, 36, of Brondesbury Park, Brent, appeared at the Old Bailey on Tuesday over the death of Mee Kuen Chong.

A four-week trial has been set for 26 September 2022.

Salcombe woodland body: Woman pleads not guilty to murder

A property developer has pleaded not guilty to the murder of a woman who went missing from London and was found dead more than 200 miles away in Devon.

Jemma Mitchell, 36, of Brondesbury Park, Brent, appeared at the Old Bailey on Tuesday over the death of Mee Kuen Chong.

A four-week trial has been set for 26 September 2022.

Salcombe woodland body: Woman pleads not guilty to murder

Four weeks seems long for a trial with a single defendant and single victim, doesn't it? I guess there's going to be a lot to say.

Or am I wrong?

A London woman appeared in court today to deny murdering and beheading a 67-year-old pensioner then dumping her body 250 miles away in Devon.

Mee Kuen Chong, 67, known to friends as Deborah, was reported missing from her home in Wembley, north London, on June 11, with police putting out an appeal for information four days later.

Today, her alleged killer Jemma Mitchell, 37, appeared in the dock of Court One at the Old Bailey for a plea hearing.

She pleaded not guilty to murdering Ms Chong on a date between June 10 and 27 this year.

Judge Anthony Leonard QC set a provisional four-week trial for September 26 next year.

Woman, 37, denies murdering 67-year-old pensioner | Daily Mail Online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay
Back