GUILTY UK - Mee Kuen "Deborah" Chong, 67, Wembley, London, decapitated in woods, Salcombe, Jun 2021 *arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brondesbury/Brondesbury Park/Kilburn.... Respectfully, I would suggest you're overthinking this. Probably her post comes addressed to all three depending on the sender and the database they're using.

She was arrested at home.

Like Ched I was confused by the wording - jeez could they not just have wrote 'she was arrested at her home' but anyway I'm happy to let it drop and that she was arrested at her address. The article also say the police hace 3 crimescenes, which I assume are Devon, Deborah (Mee's) home and JM's.

Brondesbury/Brondesbury Park/Kilburn.... Respectfully, I would suggest you're overthinking this. Probably her post comes addressed to all three depending on the sender and the database they're using.

She was arrested at home.
Respectfully, not knowing the area , I looked it up on Wiki , which goes to trouble of explicitly saying it’s not in Kilburn .

As I’ve said previously if the reporters want to call it an area it isn’t & the Met Office didn’t use it….

That's sleuthing!

I wonder if JM was a friend or just a 'friend'. I can see a lot on Deborah's FB she was supporting or liked that many would take issue with. But as yet we have no idea what the motive was behind the killing, whether spontaneous or planned for some while. We also don't know as yet whether she was killed in London, Devon or en route.

One of the articles said that police have ascertained two crime scenes, one in London and one in Devon. We know the Devon scene is where the body was found, so I'm guessing the one in London was where the actual death/murder occurred.

ETA I just saw another post here say that police have actually said three scenes, but I think two were in London? So I'd still think the murder likely happened there and then the body was transported to Devon?

Last edited:
I have my FB set up with a name that way, guess I may be odd lol.

I have found a couple of pics of Jemma on FB but as they are a few years old and the most recent from 2015 has another person in it so don't think I can post (perhaps others have also found them). The pic I mention from 2015 is from some
10620536_10153702634118726_2324469134959296417_n.jpg
carol religious concert which she attended (possibly playing an instrument)?

Biological female?? What makes you think she's not? She also has a sister

I came across an old news article from 2015 with a photo, (I think I'm at least 95% sure it's of the Jemma who was arrested) but the photo in the article also contains other people, so I don't really want to post it on here. The nature of the article wasn't related to crime or anything nasty, it was a nice 'local' paper sort of story.

There is a picture online of JM - which can't be used here as features others - but it was taken at a 'tbn sessions' of some years ago.

Now the 'sessions' seem to be this

"The Recovery Course is a Christian charity established to reach those suffering from the effects of addictions of all kinds, including alcohol, drugs, gambling, *advertiser censored*, food, social media and other compulsive habits. The charity does this through enabling, equipping and encouraging churches to run the Recovery Course. The course is suitable for people of faith or no faith; the key requirement for a successful outcome is that course attendees have a desire to overcome their addiction.

Our mission is to facilitate recovery from addiction through a 12 step step course based on biblical principles, thereby giving hope and freedom to people of any or no faith.

We offer free training and support to churches and Christian-based organisations running or wishing to run the Recovery Course throughout the UK and beyond."

It is run on the TBN, a Christian Channel
https://m.facebook.com/TBNUKtv/

Was she in recovery (or lapsed again more recently) from such herself or a volunteer? Was a Recovery Course undertaken at Deborah's church and maybe conflict arose out of differing views between them? Just a thought nothing more.

There is a picture online of JM - which can't be used here as features others - but it was taken at a 'tbn sessions' of some years ago.

Now the 'sessions' seem to be this

"The Recovery Course is a Christian charity established to reach those suffering from the effects of addictions of all kinds, including alcohol, drugs, gambling, *advertiser censored*, food, social media and other compulsive habits. The charity does this through enabling, equipping and encouraging churches to run the Recovery Course. The course is suitable for people of faith or no faith; the key requirement for a successful outcome is that course attendees have a desire to overcome their addiction.

Our mission is to facilitate recovery from addiction through a 12 step step course based on biblical principles, thereby giving hope and freedom to people of any or no faith.

We offer free training and support to churches and Christian-based organisations running or wishing to run the Recovery Course throughout the UK and beyond."

It is run on the TBN, a Christian Channel
https://m.facebook.com/TBNUKtv/

Was she in recovery (or lapsed again more recently) from such herself or a volunteer? Was a Recovery Course undertaken at Deborah's church and maybe conflict arose out of differing views between them? Just a thought nothing more.

Good find and good thought. Majority of people heavily involved in such a programs are those who went trough those issues themselves (or their close family member) and yes, unfortunately bigger majority of addicts (of whatever addiction) relapse sooner or later.

While it does not give us motive, it would show possible cause of someone spiralling out of control.

For people speculating here about sexuality - religions are known to be strongly against any different sexuality than heterosexual one. As Lee seemed to be extremely religious, I personally do not think she would ever entertain the idea, let's alone practice it. It would be against everything she believed in.

I am quite shocked with an arrest of a female as many others here. I follow dismemberment cases for years as I could not comprehend gruesome thought processes of someone going trough with that. I can say from many past cases that almost half of all those were done by women, which for me was quite shocking revelation. Main reason in cases I read was difficulty of lifting and moving deceased body and mainly in busy cities (New York, Chicago etc) with lots of block of flats, high rise buildings or densly populated areas where you have CCTV or nosy neighbours everywhere. In dismemberments perpetrated by males, almost in all of the cases it is to prevent identification which would then directly lead to them.

This case however, is not really full or partial dismemberment (that we know off), only decapitation. So it seems transportation and movement of the body was not the biggest issue in this case for person responsible or others involved. Lee cause of death is apparently not obvious which could be due to already high decomposition when found or perhaps more likely due to some fatal injury to missing head. I personally don't think decapitation would be done if there were stab wounds to the neck or head but it would be definitely considered if death and injury to the head was caused by gun.

Another thing to consider - dismemberment is not easy to do and take many hours... Which leads to question - where/at whose place was this done.

It seems someone very badly did not want to be caught or someone else to be caught and went to lots of planning after the accidental or intentional murder occured.

(All above are just my few messy thoughts and all is just in my humble opinion. I hope I did not shocked or offended anyone).

Last edited:
One last word on the Brondesbury/Kilburn poser.

This new today (my bolding):

A woman has been charged with the murder of Mee Kuen Chong, whose body was discovered nearly 200 miles away from her home in Wembley.

Ms Chong, 67, known to friends as Deborah, was found in woodland near Bennett Road at about 5pm on June 27.

Police said on Saturday that Jemma Mitchell, 36, of Brondesbury Park, Kilburn, has been charged with her murder.

She was arrested in Kilburn on suspicion of murder on Tuesday evening.

Mitchell appeared in custody at Willesden Magistrates’ Court on Saturday and the hearing was adjourned until Tuesday at the Old Bailey, the Metropolitan Police said.

Woman charged with murder after Wembley woman's body found 200 miles away

Agree re the Devon connection, she must have some sort of connection to that area surely to drive all that way (if it was her driving), I think people tend to stick to areas they know well. If she didn't know the area then why pick there its MILES away!!

Yes, I definitely agree she must have some connection to Devon. It would make no sense to drive all that way to dispose of the body if she wasn't already very familiar with that area. JMO

I think there's a possibility she might have gone there with the intention of throwing her in the sea but couldn't manage it so left her in the woods instead. I've been along the coast road on google maps (Cliff Road) and there is quite a high wall on the sea side of the road. Then as you get to the beach area at the end where there is access to the sea, there are a number of properties with overlooking windows. Driving along Bennett Road which adjoins Cliff Road the woodlands aren't walled off and it looks like there would be opportunities to park up and roll a body over into the trees, the woodland slopes down quite sharply between Bennett Road and Cliff Road. But there is a public footpath through the woods which is why the body was spotted by a dog walker.

Again, I think the head was removed to hinder identification because of the suspect's links to the victim (at least we can see they were facebook friends).

Perhaps she was caught by a hotel/B&B booking with a NW London address, or her car was spotted in the locality on CCTV or house cameras, and police ran number plate checks to see if a NW London link could be established, or a car park ticket machine had a record of number plates for the period between the disappearance and the discovery, (I know when I went to Beer in Devon a few years ago I had to input my car registration number to use the car park), or because of her link with the victim someone noticed some odd behaviour and reported a suspicion. She might have had a holiday job there once, or stayed there on holiday, or know the area for some other reason. Unfortunately my guess is that the head won't be found, unless they have a confession as to where it was disposed of. Probably nowhere near the body because if it was removed for identification purposes that would defeat the object. It's interesting that they haven't been able to find a cause of death, perhaps that means it was a heavy blow to the head.

MOO

I think there's a possibility she might have gone there with the intention of throwing her in the sea but couldn't manage it so left her in the woods instead. I've been along the coast road on google maps (Cliff Road) and there is quite a high wall on the sea side of the road. Then as you get to the beach area at the end where there is access to the sea, there are a number of properties with overlooking windows. Driving along Bennett Road which adjoins Cliff Road the woodlands aren't walled off and it looks like there would be opportunities to park up and roll a body over into the trees, the woodland slopes down quite sharply between Bennett Road and Cliff Road. But there is a public footpath through the woods which is why the body was spotted by a dog walker.

Again, I think the head was removed to hinder identification because of the suspect's links to the victim (at least we can see they were facebook friends).

Perhaps she was caught by a hotel/B&B booking with a NW London address, or her car was spotted in the locality on CCTV or house cameras, and police ran number plate checks to see if a NW London link could be established, or a car park ticket machine had a record of number plates for the period between the disappearance and the discovery, (I know when I went to Beer in Devon a few years ago I had to input my car registration number to use the car park), or because of her link with the victim someone noticed some odd behaviour and reported a suspicion. She might have had a holiday job there once, or stayed there on holiday, or know the area for some other reason. Unfortunately my guess is that the head won't be found, unless they have a confession as to where it was disposed of. Probably nowhere near the body because if it was removed for identification purposes that would defeat the object. It's interesting that they haven't been able to find a cause of death, perhaps that means it was a heavy blow to the head.

MOO

Interesting thoughts. Still, it's a long way to travel with a dead body. There's plenty of more conveniently situated coastline nearer to London, including cliffs. So I do still wonder about a more solid connection with that particular area and whether there may be more arrests yet to come.

I think you're probably right about the head.

JMO

Interesting thoughts. Still, it's a long way to travel with a dead body. There's plenty of more conveniently situated coastline nearer to London, including cliffs. So I do still wonder about a more solid connection with that particular area and whether there may be more arrests yet to come.

I think you're probably right about the head.

JMO
Yes I think familiarity with the area came first, if sea was the intended disposal. There are other closer places along the coastline she could have chosen but familiarity would play a big part in doing something so risky. For one thing beach areas are not usually or predictably completely deserted or secluded, with tides assisting, and other less populated spots might not be easily accessible by car. Driving to the edge of a cliff if there is no road might attract attention of campers, land owners or even the coast guard if it is a well known suicide spot. I think moving the body would for practical reasons need to be a very short distance/manoeuvre. She wouldn't want to be driving around with a body for longer than necessary while looking for a spot, so comfort and knowledge would be the top factor. MOO

Hmm the police are still not saying very much about this so I think there is more to come..

I previously speculated that the police were not giving out Mee’s phone tracking details as they were already closing in on the perp(s).

Using the same logic, in that the police usually say “they are not seeking anyone else in relation to the crime”, could the same be happening here?

I think there will be another arrest coming soon.

Court 8 - sitting at 09:30 am
THE RECORDER OF LONDON

For Mention (Defendant to Attend)
T20217217 MITCHELL Jemma 01MP0140621 NWLNM Crown Prosecution Service
CVP (Link on front page of DCS)

CourtServe - Live Court Listings

Do we think the press will release a photo or courtroom sketch of her after her appearance? I haven't done very well so far with my sleuthing and finding a picture.

I wonder if JM is a Sun reader? The Sun ran an article earlier this year about long-term unidentified human remains, including one victim nicknamed 'The Duchess', whose headless corpse was found in rural Norfolk in 1974 and has never been identified despite being exhumed and DNA profiled more recently. If you had murder on your mind, that kind of detail could give you ideas perhaps.

Inside grim database of unidentified bodies & the UK's mysterious unsolved cases

“The defendant is charged with the murder of Deborah Chong, committed some time in June this year,” said prosecutor Ben Lloyd.

He said Mrs Chong’s death had been “particularly unpleasant and violent”, and her body had allegedly been “transported from London to the area where she was eventually found in Devon at the end of June”.

[...]

Mitchell, who was wearing a white face mask, took notes during the brief hearing and spoke only to confirm her identity.

She is due to appear at court on September 28 to enter a plea to the charge of murder.

Woman ‘murdered London pensioner’ whose headless body was found in Devon

The alleged killer of a London pensioner whose decapitated body was found in woodland in Devon has appeared at the Old Bailey accused of murder.

Jemma Mitchell, 36, allegedly killed 67-year-old Mee Kuen Chong – known to friends as Deborah – who was reported missing from her Wembley home on June 11.

Mitchell, from Brondesbury Park in Brent, appeared at the Old Bailey via videolink from HMP Bronzefield on Tuesday morning to face the murder charge.

Mitchell appear at Willesden magistrates court on Saturday, and was on Tuesday remanded in custody by Recorder of London Judge Mark Lucraft QC.

She is due to appear at court on September 28 to enter a plea to the charge of murder.

Woman ‘murdered London pensioner’ whose headless body was found in Devon

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hobo1977