GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case I am glad I haven't and won't. I don't want to cause anyone unnecessary hurt over my speculations from a FB page.

How do you know the names of family, I thought they had only named mum and her ex husband??

For reference

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798

Just heard a radio news bite on BBC radio 4. It is available online but is a required taste and boring, so you may not want to listen to entire news broadcast, but I cannot link a single 'bite'. Sorry. They are talking about the class system in Miami now....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/

Here are the main points mentioned in the newscast.
The Child Rescue Alert (CRA) is a relatively new British tool. This is only the second time it has been activated. It uses 'crowd sourcing' as a way of getting around the old system of waiting for media to get the word out. It is all about filtering important information and promoting what needs to be promoted.

It has been borrowed from the US (thank you guys :)

There is a 'test' for bringing the system into use.

Is the missing person under 18?
Is the missing person in imminent danger?
Do LE have sufficient info for the public to be able to help?

For reference

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798

See, when you're a Southerner you just make up the rules as you go ......then a Brit comes along and posts the ' rules' and ruins it ! Sorry ya'll ! :)

You may link to the official missing facebook page, if there is one.

Mom and/or Dad's facebook need to be approved by a moderator/Admin. You can pm the links to myself, Kimster, Marly or Nurse.

Salem

How do you know the names of family, I thought they had only named mum and her ex husband??

And grandma, the doctor, and friend/boyfriend who was shot, plus the fatherof first three children.

It is one of the above I am referring to. However they have also named the Grandmother. There are a few other names that can be obtained via a phone directory type website as well.

You may link to the official missing facebook page, if there is one.

Mom and/or Dad's facebook need to be approved by a moderator/Admin. You can pm the links to myself, Kimster, Marly or Nurse.

Salem

AHA! See, I was partially, marginally not completely wrong ! :P

Thank you SALEM for coming to my aid. I've slept since the last time I read TOS..... :P

Hi everyone...

I've just got back home from the community search......no news or updates from police as such.
Need to say the the community has come together with enormous spirit ,its just a shame that Mikaeel is still missing....

The police had stopped all co-ordinated volunteer searches after the first one this morning but that didnt stop the community coming out to form there own groups .......We covered a lot of ground and people are coming to volunteer in rotation....2hrs searching,1 hr rest and then back out again...and then some!... some people had been out at 2 am for a few hrs then sleeping for a few , going to work..then going out again tonight.....people have come from miles away .....absolutely amazing.

Red cross are there giving out Wellington Boots, Torches, Waterproofs....and of course support as this has hit everyone hard.....
Asda,Morrison's,Tesco ,Dominoes pizza , M&S and the local shops have donated Food, Water,Juice, Coffee ,Tea etc
The Community Centre base is Open 24/7 until Monday....well done to staff...

A lot of focus has been in the beach area hundreds of torchlights can be seen after sunset....
So many young teenagers have volunteered but the police have stated that it would be better for over 18s to search......now I don't know if that's because of a leaning towards safety rather than finding anything....if you know what I mean......

There is still a heavy police presence in the area and many community officers.....in fact the Police were at the bottom of my road stopping buses, asking the drivers to look at a print out photo , I don't know if his was related as I live miles away......

There are many rumours and speculation going about......I will not elaborate.

I spoke to neighbours ,police and a lot of volunteers with most wondering about how he was able to get out of his home, 3 doors , especially with the outside door being very ,very heavy.......the police got another wee 3/4 year old to try the same kind of door and with a bit of a struggle managed to open it......so it can be done.
But I must say that Mikaeel is really small for his age...

As reported in MSM he hasn't been seen at nursery since before Xmas.......

I'm feeling chilly and need a cuppa.....as today was a rollercoaster ride.....high alert ,being vigilant and so nervous when finding clothing and other things in skips and fields.....sadly nothing that was related to the Wee Man .....

Hoping for some news soon......I will probably go out again tomorrow at some point.....so will keep you all updated....
Sorry for such a long post but need to unwind.....

I wonder if any of his family will make an appeal?
I'm torn on this one as a 'what would I do', I know the public judge the parents of missing children and I myself have sat at home shouting at the tv 'guilty'!

I think I would have to make an appeal. I would need the whole world to know all about my child and I would beg them to help and keep looking!
If it kept my baby in the news and media, for me I would do it

Although, thank goodness, I have never been in this situation, so who knows, I may just go completely nuts and need heavily sedated.x

Thank you Deep YOU ROCK! :loveyou: :tyou:

Here is a well earned :cupcake: to go with that cuppa!

Earlier it was said the weather was deteriorating . Is there a storm now? Rain , snow , cold temps ? :(

Hi everyone...

I've just got back home from the community search......no news or updates from police as such.
Need to say the the community has come together with enormous spirit ,its just a shame that Mikaeel is still missing....

The police had stopped all co-ordinated volunteer searches after the first one this morning but that didnt stop the community coming out to form there own groups .......We covered a lot of ground and people are coming to volunteer in rotation....2hrs searching,1 hr rest and then back out again...and then some!... some people had been out at 2 am for a few hrs then sleeping for a few , going to work..then going out again tonight.....people have come from miles away .....absolutely amazing.

Red cross are there giving out Wellington Boots, Torches, Waterproofs....and of course support as this has hit everyone hard.....
Asda,Morrison's,Tesco ,Dominoes pizza , M&S and the local shops have donated Food, Water,Juice, Coffee ,Tea etc

A lot of focus has been in the beach area hundreds of torchlights can be seen after sunset....
So many young teenagers have volunteered but the police have stated that it would be better for over 18s to search......now I don't know if that's because of a leaning towards safety rather than finding anything....if you know what I mean......

There is still a heavy police presence in the area and many community officers.....in fact the Police were at the bottom of my road stopping buses, asking the drivers to look at a print out photo , I don't know if his was related as I live miles away......

I spoke to neighbours ,police and a lot of volunteers with most wondering about how he was able to get out of his home, 3 doors , especially with the outside door being very ,very heavy.......the police got another wee 3/4 year old to try the same kind of door and with a bit of a struggle managed to open it......so it can be done.

I'm feeling chilly and need a cuppa.....as today was a rollercoaster ride.....high alert ,being vigilant and so nervous when finding clothing and other things in skips and fields.....sadly nothing that was related to the Wee Man .....

Hoping for some news soon......I will probably go out again tomorrow at some point.....so will keep you all updated....

Thank you so much for sharing. Is there a vibe as to what kind of search you are doing? Have the police given any indication if they believe he is alive?

Hi everyone...

That's amazing! Well done. I hope you get a nice cuppa and heat up.

Deep12, if you ever come to Germany, there are many, many free beers. Or English tea. THANK YOU!!

Alan Roden ‏@AlanRoden 2m
Powerful front page of tomorrow's Scottish Daily Mail #scotpapers #tomorrowspaperstoday #MikaeelKular

BeN6bzJIQAAXoT1.jpg

https://twitter.com/AlanRoden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads