GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi, not posted for ages but have followed the case in the UK.

It's standard practice for the prison service to put new inmates on suicide watch.

Does anyone know whether Mikaeel's body was found before or after his mother was detained?

Sky reported mother detained prior to the press conference announcing his body had been found.

This may sound harsh but I am sick of mothers harming their babies and then being on suicide watch.
To me it seems like they are down because they got caught not because of the horrendous crime they committed.
Rant over sorry

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

I understand it when a crime was committed intentionally, but we don't know what went on here yet.
I suppose sitting in a cell is where people get that reality check, this is actually happening to me etc.

Hi, not posted for ages but have followed the case in the UK.

It's standard practice for the prison service to put new inmates on suicide watch.

Does anyone know whether Mikaeel's body was found before or after his mother was detained?

Sky reported mother detained prior to the press conference announcing his body had been found.

BIB - yes, I see what you mean, have just had a read back through the Sky transcripts which are still on line

I suppose their reporter on site at the Edinburgh flat called through the info re the detention just before the police conference came on air

I would have thought however, the police would only detain after they had found Mikaeel's body

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mikaeel-kular-rosdeep-kular-arrested-charged-connection-sons-death-1432889

this link says she was detained after Mikaeel was found........but could just be journalistic interpretation of the facts

bos said:
<snip> Does anyone know whether Mikaeel's body was found before or after his mother was detained? <snip>

Alyce said:
BIB - yes, I see what you mean, have just had a read back through the Sky transcripts which are still on line

Yes, this is the order it came through on the live updates/tweets:

Jenny.wotherspoon: Community search teams told by police to retire till 10am tomorrow #MikaeelKular January 18 at 10.04PM

James Matthews: BREAKING: person detained by Police in connection with disappearance of #missing #MikaeelKular . @SkyNews January 18 at 12:35AM

SKYNEWS: One Person Detained Over Missing Mikaeel Kular news.sky.com/story/1197019/&#8230; January 18 at 12:48AM

skymartinbrunt: #missing One person detained by police over Mikaeel's disappearance, according to sources. January 18 at 12:46AM

James Matthews: Police news conference coming up live@on @SkyNews . One person detained re #missing #MikaeelKular January 18 at 1:03AM

SunitaPatel:Sky's Becky Johnson says reporters are being told to expect a significant update, by police January 18 at 1:03AM

SunitaPatel: Johnson: "It is a dynamic, changing and fast moving investigation." January 18 at 1:04AM

James Matthews: #missing #MikaeelKular Police: recovered body young boy in Fife January 18 at 1:07AM

James Matthews: #missing #MikaeelKular Body found just before midnight January 18 at 1:08AM

Sunita Patel:Assistant Chief Constable Malcolm Graham confirms the "significant" development January 18 at 1:08AM

Sunita Patel: One person has been detained in connection with the disappearance, he confirms January 18 at 1:09AM

Sunita Patel: Sky's Becky Johnson: "Desperately sad news." Januuary 18 at 1:10AM

Sunita Patel: Johnson: "The news that nobody wanted to hear. You might have heard the gasps from the assembled media here." January 18 at 1:11AM

Sunita Patel: Johnson: "I expect in the next few hours we will get more details about the person that has been detained." January 18 at 1:12AM

Sunita Patel: Johnson: "At this stage we do not know if it is a man or a woman." January 18 at 1:13AM

Sunita Patel: "The news the family will have been dreading. The news this entire city will have been dreading." January 18 at 1:14AM

EdinburghPolice: ACC Malcolm Graham - As a result of enquiries the body of a young child was recovered in Fife just before midnight. scotland.police.uk/whats-happenin&#8230; January 18 at 1:15AM

SkyNews: Body Found In Hunt For Missing Mikaeel Kular news.sky.com/story/1197026/&#8230; January 18 at 1:16AM

Sunita Patel: Police confirm they have recovered a body of a young boy in Fife shortly before midnight &#8230; news.sky.com/story/1197026/&#8230; January 18 at 1:17AM

skymartinbrunt: #missing Police have found body of a young boy in Fife and have called off search for Mikaeel. Awaiting formal identification of the body. January 18 at 1:18AM

James Matthews: SKY SOURCES: person detained re #MikaeelKular is his Mum. Child's body found in Fife just before midnight January 18 at 1:19AM

skymartinbrunt: #missing Mikaeel Kular's mother Rosdeep arrested over his disappearance, say sources. January 18 at 1:19AM

skymartinbrunt: #missing Assist Ch Constable Malcolm Graham: "We strongly believe this to be the body of Mikaeel." January 18 at 1:32AM

Kat Storr (Higgins) Rosdeep Kular, 33, reported to have been detained over the disappearance of her son #MikaeelKular , according to Sky sources January 18 at 1:38AM

http://news.sky.com/story/1196095/mikaeel-kular-body-of-young-boy-found

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/mikaeel-kular-death-forensics-search-3042743

Fifth paragraph underneath the photo says police are paying particular attention to a small patch next to three prominent trees

From other aerial photos that have been shown, there are 3 very dense trees behind the adjacent neighbour's fence.....could explain why Mikaeel was placed there ( if he was ) rather than being placed directly behind the family bungalow

That would make sense if he was just placed on the earth, concealed by branches. There would have been little chance of him being buried there, I think. I have been trying to dig around tree roots myself recently and it is impossible with all the roots underground.

ETA: I'm trying to put bulbs in.

That would make sense if he was just placed on the earth, concealed by branches. There would have been little chance of him being buried there, I think. I have been trying to dig around tree roots myself recently and it is impossible with all the roots underground.

I agree, I don't think he was buried, just put into the denser area within those trees....... and possibly hidden within the item we mentioned the other day

I'd be surprised if he was buried.

(:D at your ETA.)

As you say it may work differently in Scotland but I believe death certificates in the UK are public records, so we should be able to know the cause of death almost as soon as it is recorded. But I guess it doesn't have to say how whatever it was happened.

Am still wondering if we should expect to hear about it soon.

Mikaeel's completely dropped out of the top stories on BBC and Sky now. Guess they just don't have anything else to say.

That means Rosdeep hasn't talked during her 24 hours questioning.
And she hasn't entered a plea.

I heard the usual procedure from the police in the UK is to press the highest possible charge, and by doing this they force the person to plea for the lesser charge. And if they don't take the bait then its their problem, they face being prosecuted for the higher level of crime than they've done.

Nov 18, 2012 - Rosie Adekoya wants to read Brutal: The Heartbreaking True Story of a Little Girl Stolen by Nabila Sharma

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/14710259-rosie-adekoya

This is a very well-written book which describes the suffering of the author as a young girl in graphic detail.

Brutal: The Heartbreaking True Story of a Little Girl's Stolen Innocence: Amazon.co.uk: Nabila Sharma: Books

How do we know that this is RK? The picture is not showing and if it was set up to her facebook it would surely give the same name as her facebook profile name.

I heard the usual procedure from the police in the UK is to press the highest possible charge, and by doing this they force the person to plea for the lesser charge. And if they don't take the bait then its their problem, they face being prosecuted for the higher level of crime than they've done.

BBM - or does it just mean that police want to get as much background info as possible about Mikaeel, how he intereacted with the other children, if parents noticed anything unusual or suspicious etc ....

BBM - or does it just mean that police want to get as much background info as possible about Mikaeel, how he intereacted with the other children, if parents noticed anything unusual or suspicious etc ....

Sorry, I was connecting this with earlier news that the police asked for help on whether anyone has seen either Mikaeel or Rosie in between Monday and Wednesday.

They wouldn't have charged her with murder if they didn't have strong evidence to support that charge.

Sorry, I was connecting this with earlier news that the police asked for help on whether anyone has seen either Mikaeel or Rosie in between Monday and Wednesday.

Ah I see what you mean ....... yes, asking about RK and whether or not she had been seen could indicate that there has been silence on her part

Not sure if this was posted before but it tells a lot about the extended family background. For example that the middle name for Mikaeel twin is Rosie

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/family-mikaeel-kular-shattered-after-3037661

There was a bit of confussion about names being listed as Kumar instead of Kular on some records earlier in the thread.

Rosdeep and Pandeep's father's surname was Kular and their mother went on to marry a man with the surname Kumar, and that's perhaps why we're seeing the records as Kumar and the cause of confussion on the records.

Does anyone know generally what the most common sorts of reasons for children being taken into care are?

I mean, would the mother have to have been reported for specifically hurting/abusing the child, or could it just be something like going to the Dr's, saying she can't cope and them giving her, for example, antidepressants? Would that trigger social services?

I wonder if Rosdeep's mother might have reported something.

Am still wondering if we should expect to hear about it soon.

Mikaeel's completely dropped out of the top stories on BBC and Sky now. Guess they just don't have anything else to say.

And not much more they're even allowed to say with our strict non-reporting laws for cases awaiting trial.

Does anyone know generally what the most common sorts of reasons for children being taken into care are?

I mean, would the mother have to have been reported for specifically hurting/abusing the child, or could it just be something like going to the Dr's, saying she can't cope and them giving her, for example, antidepressants? Would that trigger social services?

I wonder if Rosdeep's mother might have reported something.

I work in a school and cases I know of which have resulted in a child being put in touch with Social Services and/or taken into care were long-term neglect (children always dirty, matted hair with head lice, dirty clothes, thin etc), a case where a parent had been violent towards a child and caused injuries, a case where drug use and dealing was done within the family home with children present and another where a child had been injured when left alone with a glass object nearby (badly cut on broken glass). Also, some parents would voluntarily place their children into care.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kudo-magician179
Back