GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I sort of agree on one part - if it was as black and white as 'don't put your other children and others' through the trauma of going to court and we'll reduce your sentence by 2 years then I would agree that her surviving children have been through enough. 11 years 15 years twenty years ... none will undo what's done :( As for her getting out in 5-6 years - yes she may well but it will be on licence until the full term is served and let's face it she will certainly get a dose or two of Karma inside jail and on release ...

Attention please, I've had to remove some posts for the following reasons:

Organized Efforts- Email Campaigns-Boycotts-Petitions:

Obviously members are free to take up any and all causes that are important to them in an effort to bring about change. But using Websleuths as a platform to promote organized efforts such as email campaigns, boycotts, letter writing,etc. are strictly forbidden without the consent of the forum owners.If you have written a letter or taken any action in support of a cause, please refrain from posting about it. Support of a particular cause must be approved by the owners prior to posting links or information regarding any such effort. Causes can be questionable in nature, even though they appear to be honorable on the surface.As it relates to using WS as a platform for promotion,the owners investigate the nature and source of such campaigns and make their own decisions as to the legitimacy of each cause. Please do not suggest,directly or indirectly, that members support any type of organized effort without getting approval from forum owners first.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Thank you

I don't think there is any hope of a sentencing review, because the prosecution accepted that Rosdeep didn't intend to kill Mikaeel. With her intelligence, she'll be a model prisoner I bet, and be out in no time.

I'm sorry (and I'm addressing the court ruling not you Zwiebel) but anyone knows that repeatedly beating a 3 year old, over a number of days, is likely to kill them. Anyone knows that failing to get medical attention for a child who had been badly beaten is likely to kill them. Anyone knows that beating a child who is already ill, and vomiting, is likely to kill them. Anyone knows that a child who has shown no signs of improvement over a few years, and is showing signs of deterioration, and still ignores this, is likely to die.

The only signs of remorse she is showing, is remorse that her lies didn't work and that she is going to have to miss out on the party scene for a few years.

I'm actually ashamed to be British today - our courts and legal system are a joke. 11 years for killing your own child, beating him over and over whilst he was ill, and leaving him in pain for days, with no comfort, is plain evil. They'll probably give her the other children back once she is released too - obviously no risk to them as it was only poor little Mikaeel she hated.

I wonder if she was an over-weight, unattractive woman from a 'sink estate' would she have been treated any different? Because it seems to me that she has fooled the people judging her into giving her a very soft sentence, and I can't think of any reason why... except that she 'doesn't look like a cold blooded killer'. Just MOO.

Forget the "struggling single mum", forget the "depression". There is NO excuse. I spent years as a single mum of 5 children, with no family around to help. I also held down a full-time job at that time ....whilst being treated and medicated for depression. And not one single time did I beat any of my children. Neither did I leave them on their own to go out. And I had no support from their father either. No excuses for her behaviour whatsoever. My mum was abused in a children's home for 14 years, she has never done a single thing wrong to me and my siblings, despite having the most awful childhood. So, even though Rosdeep suffered the loss of her father when young - it has no bearing at all. My mum was mistreated by her parents, removed into care and mistreated there, until she was old enough to leave.... yet she doesn't use that as an excuse to inflict violence on people.

I'm actually sickened by this sentence. 11 years ...... even if she serves the full sentence, she'll still be out before Mikaeel's 18th birthday.

BBM

Somehow, I doubt the lovely people who turned up in the cold day after day to search for a little boy lost would agree.

I don't know how it is in Scotland, but in England and Wales there are standard legally prescribed sentencing reductions for a guilty plea. I think the main motivation is to incentivise early pleas in order to keep expenditure on potentially length and complex trials down.

I don't think that she is a threat to society. She is not a pedophile nor a psychopath, as far as we know.

She may not be a threat to society at large, but what if she decides to take a dislike to one of her other children? Of course, they'll be bigger then, perhaps they can fight back. Of course, she could possibly still have more children, and hopefully they won't anger her so by being ill, or just by being there.

RIP Mikaeel. I'm so sorry that your short life was spent with a monster who didn't have enough sense to love you.

:rose:

Well, this I didn't expect. A little late (in my opinion) Mikaeel's father has spoken out on behalf of his son. He's married with kids.

He says he believes Rosdeep held a grudge against him for rejecting her, and that she took it out on Mikaeel because he looked like his dad. He also says she was obssessive and reveals something her defence didn't mention in court - her suicide attempt was because he wouldn't leave his wife and kids for her, following their 3 month affair.

He also says Rosdeep's partying only began when she lost 10 stone (140lbs) with a gastric bypass!

'Zahid, a chef from Fife, said Rosdeep had nicknamed herself “The Dancing Queen” and adopted a reckless party lifestyle when she shed more than 10st after a gastric band op.'

What followed is the biggest regret of Zahid’s life – he embarked on a 12-week affair with Rosdeep.

He recalled: “She told me she had been in love with me for years and had even been thinking about me on her wedding day.

"She said we were meant to be together. I can’t believe I betrayed my wife for her. I was weak.”

But the relationship took a sinister turn as Rosie’s obsession became clear.

Rahid said: “She would text me 20 or 30 times a day. She would ask where I was and demand a dated selfie photo as proof.

“My wife left me over the affair. Rosdeep would turn up on the doorstep in the middle of the night to check I was there.

“I told her I couldn’t cope with the intensity but she threatened to kill herself. When I finally called it off she did attempt suicide.'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rosdeep-adekoya-tragic-mikaeel-kular-4177206#ixzz3CcJqEzy7

I saw a TV prog once about people who had gastric bypasses. I remember it said that afterwards, patients have to be very careful about what they eat, or they can develop malnutrition which causes the same damaging effects as long-term starvation. Ultimately leading to a shortened lifespan.

I wonder if that's true, and if prison diets can accomodate such special needs?

Just read the article ... just made me think - pha! All easy to say now ... just another ego trip just like his affair in the first place ...

Am surprised that she is being allowed visits from her other children ? They are not that young ( apart from Mikaeel's twin ) and must surely be aware of what happened....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...allowed-jail-visits-twin-sister-children.html

I read that this morning too. Still can't work out just how she has managed to get herself a very short sentence, a let off from a charge of murder, and now is allowed to see her children every couple of weeks. This woman committed one of the most horrific and drawn out child murders I can remember in the UK, yet seems to be having a very easy time inside the "justice system". Those children spent two days inside the house with their dying brother, they must have at least heard the numerous attacks on him, if not witnessed them. They must also know that their mother dumped his body in a suitcase and then lied to the police ..... perhaps even letting the children believe their brother was better and had let himself out of the house. For their mental health, I would have thought a clean break was better for them.

I have a horrible feeling she'll be out in the quickest time allowed by law, and handed her children back, along with a new house for them all and perhaps even a new identity. British Justice at its best :(

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ving-luxury-jail-cell-ensuite-shower-key.html

Mother who beat her three-year-old son to death is living in a luxury jail cell with ensuite shower and her own key

Rosdeep Adekoya is serving an 11-year sentence for culpable homicide
Rosdeep Adekoya told staff that she had been threatened by other prisoners and was moved to a more comfortable cell at Cornton Vale prison.
She now has her own luxury cell and a 'cushy' job in a prison kitchen.

Adekoya beat her three-year-old son Mikaeel Kular to death and hid his body inside a suitcase

'She's never shown any remorse. She walks about as if she hasn't done anything wrong,' an inside source at Cornton Vale told the Daily Record.

BBM

I'm really disappointed to find that this is a truly misleading headline. She was sadly, not attacked - being called names by one? Having food - hot or otherwise- thrown at her by another? Neither constitutes 'an attack' - that can happen at a normal children's teatime!

I can usually find some teeny tiny redeeming quality, or reasonable explanation as to what's behind a murderer but not her ...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/two-ex-cons-admit-attacks-7644565

I can't imagine she will just be handed back her other children though. I am sure there will be months of supervised contact (if any at all), and if the children (who will probably have been told in terms they can understand what happened) are at all uncomfortable at the thought of going back to her, they will be allowed to remain in care. Sadly it does sometimes happen that a parent will dislike and pick on just one child in the family and the others are never in any danger at all, and she should have actually approached someone for help or alternative arrangements for the disliked child. For every murdered child like Mikaeel there are many more suffering the emotional scars of being psychologically abused and knowing they are disliked by their mother. Parents are afraid to be open about this, so it's hard for people to know how to come out and get help. As usual, it's a lose/lose situation. Of course, she *may* have some sort of psychopathic personality that allows her to not feel any guilt, but most likely she will be suffering too, for life. Just mental meandering on my part, so no it doesn't mean I think she should be let out of prison early to just enjoy herself.

PIC EXCLUSIVE: Mikaeel Kulars killer mum on days out from jail 4YRS into sentence

Apologies for having to use The Sun as a source but the pics are their 'exclusive'. I'd also quibble that she's closer to 5 than 4 years into her sentence as time spent on remand counts. Which also means she might well be eligible for parole in the next year.

I’m Scottish and I’m sorry to say the Scottish justice system has failed Mikaeel the sentence are an absolute joke. If you kill a child you should get life without parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back