GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At first I was impressed that she actually admitted it and pled GUILTY. But now I see that the selfish cow just wanted a lighter sentence.

At 34 she is not a "young" mother. I agree with you, and she had enough children so she obviously knew what she was doing. I also agree that living off Social Security was her only motivation, not love for her children. I think she was a brutal, calculating, self centered and violent person who was only interested in living off Social Security, her children's welfare was not her concern. We can see that in the newspaper articles. Unfortunately there are a lot of other people having children for the same reason and there is no way of stopping them. There are other people who could have given the poor child a loving home. None of us can bear to think of his physical suffering and also his knowing his mother did not love him and there was no help for him. The poor child.

At 34 she is not a "young" mother. I agree with you, and she had enough children so she obviously knew what she was doing. I also agree that living off Social Security was her only motivation, not love for her children. I think she was a brutal, calculating, self centered and violent person who was only interested in living off Social Security, her children's welfare was not her concern. We can see that in the newspaper articles. Unfortunately there are a lot of other people having children for the same reason and there is no way of stopping them. There are other people who could have given the poor child a loving home. None of us can bear to think of his physical suffering and also his knowing his mother did not love him and there was no help for him. The poor child.
I think you're stereotyping a lot here. Yes I'm sure there are some people who have children in part for the benefits they might get. She was married to her eldest 3 children's father, living in a family unit and so much as we know he's a working man - so we could assume she wasn't living on social security/benefits then.

Let me make myself clear - I am in NO way defending her or ANYTHING she did in ANY way.

But I disagree ... I think she had her children because she loved their father's and wanted them and wanted it to work...

Have you ever been a mother in receipt of benefits/social security?

I must admit, I did come to the conclusion that she kept the children for the benefits for a number of reasons - she had already had them taken into care on 2 occasions after neglecting them to go out partying on a number of occasions. She was at parties where drugs were involved, whilst her children were left home alone in filthy conditions. A mother who loves and wants her children, does not put her need to party above her childrens' safety in my opinion.

Reports also said that the children lived in very dirty conditions with filthy matresses instead of beds. Look at every photo of her on social media (and there are lots) - do you ever see her looking anything less than immaculate? No. She is always covered in make up, with hair done, latest fashions and nice jewellery ....whilst her children were living in dirty conditions, unfed as she went out for nights, if not entire weekends. Does that sound like someone who wants her children?

Finally, she had previously put her twins up for adoption, but changed her mind at the last minute - despite googling questions about her lack of love for her son and her aggression towards him. What did she gain from keeping a child she didn't even like at home? Simple, she gained lots of money to pay for her partying lifestyle.

Just my opinion. I haven't been a mother in receipt of benefits - but I have been a single working mother of 5 children - a much more difficult situation as far as I am concerned. At the time, my children were similar ages to hers and I used to juggle nursery, a child minder and school/after school clubs whilst I went out and earned the money to pay for them. I didn't have a wealthy mother to help out, neither did I receive any money from the father of my children. So, I can't find any excuses or sympathy for her. She had it easy as far as I am concerned. Her children were in school or nursery, leaving plenty of time for her to do what she wanted, whilst her rent and bills were paid for her by everyone else.

Regardless of whether she wanted the children when they were conceived, I don't believe she wanted them at the time Mikaeel was killed. They certainly weren't as wanted as the partying life style was.

This case haunts me - thinking of him feeling ill and being sick and being battered at the same time, then left in agony for hours, before being beaten again and left for dead just breaks my heart. I can't even wish for her safety inside prison. It might be wrong, but I hope the guards are selectively deaf and blind whenever anyone feels like showing her how it feel to be beaten up. Sorry mods if I've gone to far.

I must admit, I did come to the conclusion that she kept the children for the benefits for a number of reasons - she had already had them taken into care on 2 occasions after neglecting them to go out partying on a number of occasions. She was at parties where drugs were involved, whilst her children were left home alone in filthy conditions. A mother who loves and wants her children, does not put her need to party above her childrens' safety in my opinion.

Reports also said that the children lived in very dirty conditions with filthy matresses instead of beds. Look at every photo of her on social media (and there are lots) - do you ever see her looking anything less than immaculate? No. She is always covered in make up, with hair done, latest fashions and nice jewellery ....whilst her children were living in dirty conditions, unfed as she went out for nights, if not entire weekends. Does that sound like someone who wants her children?

Finally, she had previously put her twins up for adoption, but changed her mind at the last minute - despite googling questions about her lack of love for her son and her aggression towards him. What did she gain from keeping a child she didn't even like at home? Simple, she gained lots of money to pay for her partying lifestyle.

Just my opinion. I haven't been a mother in receipt of benefits - but I have been a single working mother of 5 children - a much more difficult situation as far as I am concerned. At the time, my children were similar ages to hers and I used to juggle nursery, a child minder and school/after school clubs whilst I went out and earned the money to pay for them. I didn't have a wealthy mother to help out, neither did I receive any money from the father of my children. So, I can't find any excuses or sympathy for her. She had it easy as far as I am concerned. Her children were in school or nursery, leaving plenty of time for her to do what she wanted, whilst her rent and bills were paid for her by everyone else.

Regardless of whether she wanted the children when they were conceived, I don't believe she wanted them at the time Mikaeel was killed. They certainly weren't as wanted as the partying life style was.

This case haunts me - thinking of him feeling ill and being sick and being battered at the same time, then left in agony for hours, before being beaten again and left for dead just breaks my heart. I can't even wish for her safety inside prison. It might be wrong, but I hope the guards are selectively deaf and blind whenever anyone feels like showing her how it feel to be beaten up. Sorry mods if I've gone to far.

I am in totally agreement with everything you say ^^

This, IMO, was a selfish, self obsessed lassie whom cared more for personal gain than the welfare of her kids! Social workers involved should also hang their head in shame for letting her fall through the net only moving a total of 20 miles away & with no paper trail! Absolutely disgusting. The only good thing is Mikaeel is now at peace from her and her evil ways, it's the other kids who now have to live with what she done, unbearable!

I think you're stereotyping a lot here. Yes I'm sure there are some people who have children in part for the benefits they might get. She was married to her eldest 3 children's father, living in a family unit and so much as we know he's a working man - so we could assume she wasn't living on social security/benefits then.

Let me make myself clear - I am in NO way defending her or ANYTHING she did in ANY way.

But I disagree ... I think she had her children because she loved their father's and wanted them and wanted it to work...

I am a working mother in receipt of working tax credit basically benefits to up my earnings and this has no bearing on how I treat my wee girl! This woman, from what I've heard from people in edinburgh was a party girl, in the elite clubs on a Sunday and Tuesday night with the people in the clubs associating with her not even knowing she had any kids, let alone 5!

Clearly a selfish woman, couldn't have their dad so the twins no use to her, her lawyer will come out with all the excuses of the day... Single parent, no help, benefits etc. Can't have been tht stuck for cash driving about in a fairly new car & living the rock n roll lifestyle she did.

Also another possibility for her 'losing it' could have been that she was looking to go out partying on the night Mikaeel took ill, given that it was a Sunday night ritual & with him being violently sick for apparently eating too much she flew into a violent rage, blaming him for the sickness. This would have resulted in her not being able to go as it wouldn't have been possible to leave him with the other kids for fear of him getting up during the night to be sick!

Makes my blood boil this whole harrowing case!

Can anyone in Scotland say if there's likely to be a Serious Case Review as their would be in England? (I believe children's services are devolved?)

Yes, there will undoubtedly be some kind of investigation into the handling of the switch over from Kirkcaldy (fife council) to Edinburgh council. I do wonder if fife council even informed Edinburgh she was under their care, in this case it would land at our social works departments door as to why she was never monitored here in Edinburgh!

"Want" and "love" aren't necessarily the same thing. IMO she couldn't let them go but also couldn't put their needs before her own or let go of her resentment towards Mikaeel in particular.

Clearly a selfish woman, couldn't have their dad so the twins no use to her,

Think you've hit the nail on the head there......... from what I recall, the father of her three older children had already split from her, because of her partying lifestyle.
So possibly she was angling for another permanent partner, who would keep her in party funds .... or at the very least, supply more children which would provide a higher income to her.

Her lawyer's mentioned the 'signs were there', Rosdeep was reaching out for help via a suicide attempt, etc. She couldn't cope.

Neglected to mention she'd also refused and obstructed her husband having access to the older children, which could have lightened her burden.

Instead of co-operating with the father, so her children would be cared for, she chose to leave them alone for hours on end, while she went out clubbing with dangerous drug dealers. The twins were not his - but I wonder if he would have cared for them too, along with their siblings?

She sacrificed her kids in order to hurt their father. She's a vindictive woman, in my opinion, and the manslaughter plea is a travesty, also in my opinion.

Just wanted to say I am a very strong supporter of the UK's social security benefits, and wish they could be increased. I'd hate anyone to think I was criticising them, when I'm actually criticising this manslaughtering mother.

'Despite being a single mum living in one of Edinburgh’s poorest areas, self-styled “dancing queen” Rosdeep Adekoya regularly caught a cab to the city’s George Street and its eye-wateringly expensive clubs.'

'An Edinburgh bouncer who has worked at a number of clubs said: “She was well known to a lot of door staff. She was always with that Mo Abdi and his friends, so that says a lot if you ask me.” '

'One local resident said: “The word in the area is that she was taking cocaine.”

'Weeks before Mikaeel died, Adekoya cut him out of family pictures she posted on social media.'

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/mikaeel-kular-mum-who-killed-3916323

'Despite being a single mum living in one of Edinburgh’s poorest areas, self-styled “dancing queen” Rosdeep Adekoya regularly caught a cab to the city’s George Street and its eye-wateringly expensive clubs.'

Just to point out, redrow flats basically right next to silverknowes the area she stayed at are all bought properties and in no way 'poor' although it was more than likely a private let, this area isn't poverty stricken! The media/papers annoy me with this stereotype because the area is beside muir house / pilton which are made up of council houses although still, like many areas the houses are bought! Also not to forget her family have money, her mother being a doctor and her step father owning a surgery / nursing home in kirkcaldy, not to mention them owning properties in & around Edinburgh! Given that it is reported her sister is now guardian of the children I struggle to imagine she was short for people to care for the kids while she went out, more she seemed the type who wouldn't like to ask for help if needed it, hence making her look weak!

[modsnip]

I read that she was in fact asking several family members to help and look after the children but only so she could go out partying ... and when they refused, no doubt in the hope that she'd forgo the night out ... she would leave the children home alone.

The governments are all about benefits reforms and shake ups... I think it's well overdue that the social services need a kick up the backside! Too too many cases of murdered and abused children who were meant to be being protected by social workers who, through over work or ineptitude, fatally failed them :(

I don't think any social security system or child protection system could have picked up or prevented this particular incident. This self centered (possibly drug addicted) mother came from a comfortable family, so that would have helped this case slip through any safety net. She was not struggling financially, any social worker would have seen that, when you look at this case, all the problems were the selfishness of the mother. The abuse of the poor boy was the mother abusing him for simply existing. No social welfare system could have prevented that, the children should never have been given back to the mother in the first place. That is where the system failed this child. She should never have got her children back once they were taken from her, they were saved from her but somehow she managed to get them back. I hope someone has to answer for that, and explain that decision.
And for what it is worth - I agree she sacrificed her kids to hurt their father. She is indeed a vindictive heartless woman, and she should be charged with murder, not manslaughter.

I just saw this. Wow. I'm sure many will feel this is a short sentence, judging by the strength of feeling on this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back