GUILTY UK - Mylee Billingham, 8, murdered, West Midlands, 20 Jan 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s so sad. I wonder about a fit of rage and lack of impulse control.

I can only think it was done to hurt and deprive the mother. He wanted to kill himself and had decided to take Mylee with him?

I wonder who called emergency services.

It isn't unusual for a parent to be suicidal and to take their childrens lives and then take/attempt to take their own.

It's more so seen in mothers, fathers are more likely to kill their own children to hurt the mother but, I'm just not decided on this one ... this seems at least on what we have to go on, to be a very loving Dad who still had a good relationship with the mum ... time may tell ...

What a horrible tragedy. The pictures of this sweet baby girl are so hard to look at. What a beautiful, happy smile. So hard to understand how this could have happened this way. I just will never understand...:rose:

What a tragedy! RIP Mylee!

With the recent break up from mom, moving to a new house, and losing his job on top of it I'm wondering whether he was depressed and suicidal. Or he had a lot of pent up anger and snapped?

I have the gut feeling that if he survives he will be resentful.

I, for one, hope he survives so he can face punishment for this horrible crime. RIP Mylee. You didn't deserve this.

I can only think it was done to hurt and deprive the mother. He wanted to kill himself and had decided to take Mylee with him?

I wonder who called emergency services.

I had been wondering that too as there was no clear report re the call.

However, this bit from The Mirror today makes it sound as though it was neighbours who made the call.

Police and paramedics raced to Billingham's bungalow on Valley View, Brownhills, West Midlands at 9.15pm after neighbours reported hearing screaming coming from the property.

If that is the case, then I wonder at what point WB decided to stab himself ?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-arrested-suspicion-murdering-mylee-11898616

What a tragedy! RIP Mylee!

With the recent break up from mom, moving to a new house, and losing his job on top of it I'm wondering whether he was depressed and suicidal. Or he had a lot of pent up anger and snapped?

I have the gut feeling that if he survives he will be resentful.

I, for one, hope he survives so he can face punishment for this horrible crime. RIP Mylee. You didn't deserve this.

I think it has been reported that he died. That's probably for the best....worthless in my opinion...

I think it has been reported that he died. That's probably for the best....worthless in my opinion...

Where have you heard that, Katy? UK press are reporting (about half an hour ago) that he is "recovering after surgery"

Reading on FB, it sounds as though a setting ?? on there has activated an RIP note, because of all the RIP posts for Mylee....and it has been read as WB having died.
Can't see anything in MSM re his death.

4 hours ago:

West Mids News‏ @HeartWMidsNews

#BREAKING @WMPolice confirm the 54yo man arrested over Mylee Billingham's death underwent surgery yesterday & is in a stable but critical condition

He has not been able to speak to officers for questioning yet

A post mortem examination into the 8yo's death took place yesterday

https://twitter.com/HeartWMidsNews/status/955730863924432896

I hope he survives long enough to explain wtf happened but he can drop dead after that for all I care. Not a big fan of the country spending millions incarcerating child killers.

I hope he survives long enough to explain wtf happened but he can drop dead after that for all I care. Not a big fan of the country spending millions incarcerating child killers.

My thoughts exactly

yeah very odd.

The police were called at 9.15 and he posted the picture to FB at 9.16 something doesn't add up.

Also BB's FB page has now been set to "remembering BB" so not sure if he has passed too?

yeah very odd.

The police were called at 9.15 and he posted the picture to FB at 9.16 something doesn't add up.

Also BB's FB page has now been set to "remembering BB" so not sure if he has passed too?

Apparently the FB memorialisation thing can trigger if there are lots of RIP posts, which appears to be what has happened here.

Apparently the FB memorialisation thing can trigger if there are lots of RIP posts, which appears to be what has happened here.
I have 'some' experience of memorialising a FB profile and as far as I'm aware, a family member or friend would need to ask FB to change it to 'remembering', it's not an automatic thing that FB does if you get a certain amount of RIP's on a post or photo. Proof, such as a death certificate is needed ... you can, before death, nominate a trusted person to be your legacy contact upon your death, they can write a pinned post, post new cover/profiles and manage friend requests, nothing else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back