UK UK - Natasha Reddington-Romanov, 55, last seen leaving a night out in Soho, 20 Sep 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Concerns are growing for an “icon of Soho” who has been missing for a week after she was last seen heading home alone from a night out.

Natasha Reddington-Romanov, 55, was last seen leaving a night out in Soho around 2am last Friday (September 20).

She has not been seen since, which friends describe as “very out of character”.

Friends fear Natasha may have come to harm, and could have been targeted as a trans woman.

Last Friday, Natasha had dinner in Chinatown with a friend before going for a drink in Little Italy, then heading to old Soho jazz club Trisha’s - also known as The Hideout and New Evaristo Club.

Natasha previously spent around a decade working behind the bar of the long-running club where she was hugely well-known - even appearing in Anthony Bourdain’s show The Layover - but now works in an office.

“She’s very street smart… I’ve been close friends with her for almost 12 years, and I’ve never known her to go home with anyone. It would have been very rare, I mean, completely impossible, that she would be somewhere for seven days and not contact anyone,” Kawalik went on to say.

“[The police] said they would make it a high priority, but they haven’t shown us any evidence of priority.”

Natasha Reddington-Romanov, 55, was last seen walking from Trisha’s in Soho, London, towards Bateman Street between 1.45am and 2am on September 20.

1727461879012.jpeg

She didn’t show up to work on Monday, prompting a frantic search for the ‘much loved’ Londoner, who was last seen wearing a white Chanel suit.

Tracy Kawalik, one of Natasha’s closest friends, told Metro she had eaten dinner in Chinatown with Trish (owner of Trisha’s) and gone back to the member’s club for a drink with her later that evening.

1727461682853.jpeg

Once Trisha’s closed, Natasha was seen walking from Greek Street to Bateman Street in the direction of a club called Raincall.

“Two of the bartenders from Trisha’s, who are close friends of ours, were waiting to get into the club, but there was quite a long line,” Kawalik said. “Natasha walked past and didn’t go into the club.”

It wasn’t uncommon for Natasha to to take the bus home from Tottenham Court Road to where she lives near the Old Kent Road.

However, that night the battery on her phone had died. “She uses her phone to pay,” Kawalik said. “What a lot of people are assuming is that she walked home, which isn’t unusual for her to have done.”

Kawalik doesn’t believe that Natasha was experiencing any kind of mental distress and said that she was making plans with friends for a party and Christmas

Natasha’s friends fear that she may have been attacked or become the victim of a hate crime because she’s trans.

Natasha decided to head home to her flat on the Old Kent Road. But she is not believed to have made it there.

She told her friends she was going to catch a bus home, but her phone was reportedly out of battery, meaning she did not have access to her bank card.
“She often walks home if her phone is dead,” explained Ms Kawalik.
“For fact we know she was between Greek Street and Bateman Street around 2am, and that was the last time she was spotted. And then it’s all up to guessing.”

From Trisha’s to Old Kent road is ca an 1h30 walk, it is very far away on foot and IMO not necessarily safe at past 2AM..

1727462908242.jpeg

Last edited:
Her FB profile

1727462364668.jpeg

Her linkedin

The police had been to her house near Old Kent Road, where she lives alone, but had not yet checked CCTV from around the area where she was last seen.

Last edited:
1727533088690.png
“The first thing that came to mind was that it could have been a hate crime.
“She’s incredibly vivacious. She’s a tough cookie. Did someone go to rob her? Did she say the wrong thing to the wrong person?
“She often falls asleep on the bus. Did she get on the wrong bus and fall asleep and end up somewhere? Is she in a hospital? Does she have no ID, because her phone was stolen or something?
“Did someone harm her? Did she fall? She would never, ever just go away for seven days. It would be so out of character.''
'Natasha was wearing a white Chanel trouser suit and carrying a Dior bag when she was last seen.'
1727533271260.png

I hope she is found safe, its very worrying !

And I hope the police start looking at CCTV; its an odd choice not to have done so yet..

<snipped for focus>
The police had been to her house near Old Kent Road, where she lives alone, but had not yet checked CCTV from around the area where she was last seen.

They obviously need and hopefully have already checked CCTV; with her distinctive outfit, she should be visible. I’d think most buses would have CCTV that could be checked.

<snipped for focus>
'Natasha was wearing a white Chanel trouser suit and carrying a Dior bag when she was last seen.'
View attachment 534067

There’s not enough information to hone in a suspected crime motivation (if there was a crime). A criminal might also perceive her as an easy target because of her designer clothing/bag, especially if she were alone. A Dior bag is noticeable.

When (possibly intoxicated) men go missing overnight in urban areas, a rule of thumb is to suspect they ended up in water. Is that a possibility here?

I hope she’s located safely soon, though a disappearance does sound out of character.

IMO MOO etc

When (possibly intoxicated) men go missing overnight in urban areas, a rule of thumb is to suspect they ended up in water. Is that a possibility here?

I hope she’s located safely soon, though a disappearance does sound out of character.

IMO MOO etc
Snipped for focus by me. I never thought about the gender bias of that rule of thumb before reading your comment. I can't find a great deal of reliable info on it, but JMO - my brain immediately leapt to intoxicated men heeding the call of nature over the sides of railings. In which case I don't think NRN would fit the bill at all, it would be impolite and extremely embarrassing to even think about!

Perhaps that rule of thumb comes from women being more likely to have been attacked or assaulted. It could simply be disproportionate rates of other causes.

I hope nothing like that has happened to Natasha. Fingers crossed they find her soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camillionaire
Back