Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two hours between finding the dog/phone and the police appeal going live suggests that the police acted immediately, almost within the hour, with a missing person case. That's unusually fast timing for an adult who might have just lost a dog and left her phone while looking for it. It's otherwise plausible that NB would have turned up, out of breath, having raced around searching for the dog or whatever.

But in this case, the husband/friends saw an immediate red flag, <modsnip> and informed the police because of it, who rightly acted within minutes, more or less.

Nothing here says abduction to me, or an accident in the river, despite the proximity.

I'm hoping so hard that NB gets home to her family soon. They must be utterly distraught.

NB the first Lancs police tweet re this was at 11.44PM (quarter to midnight) on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first we have heard about the car and it being parked. I wonder if it’s still there.
I wonder what the updates to this article are. Have they updated that map with the car info? I'm surprised in the discussions about the presser yesterday (dodging the car question) the car information from The Mail map didn't get picked up or pointed out.

I am guessing then that as Nicola was last seen on foot going for a dog walk the parked car is irrelevant. It does now make a lot more sense to me.

I've been on Websleuths long enough to know that if someone goes missing near a river, chances are they're in the river!
I think a lot here want may this to be more mysterious than it is. I get it, the mysteries give us hope she may still be alive, and we are all hoping thats the outcome.

But, we've got someone thats gone missing next to a near freezing, fast flowing river. I just hope that if she did go in the river that they're able to recover her.

The River Wyre at St Michael's is not very deep currently (0.45m) and levels for the last 5 days are similar on the St Michaels's measuring station

Looking on google maps at various points on its route to the sea it doesn't look to me like a big,deep or fast flowing river and it runs about 15 miles to the sea at Fleetwood so if NB did fall in I am a bit surprised she hasn't been found by now, especially given the speed at which the search was launched.

I think a lot here want may this to be more mysterious than it is. I get it, the mysteries give us hope she may still be alive, and we are all hoping thats the outcome.

But, we've got someone thats gone missing next to a near freezing, fast flowing river. I just hope that if she did go in the river that they're able to recover her.

Well yes I think all can agree we would rather a positive outcome rather than anything sinister. Positive btw is not her being pulled from a river. All avenues have to be discussed otherwise what is the point in sleuthing.

Interesting. Logged on suggests it wasn’t a group call. Wouldn’t hog the line so people can still call her.
I think he means a conference call as in on Zoom etc., logged onto whatever system they use with the video and camera turned off. People would still be able to call her on her phone if that was the case.

#MISSING | Have you seen Nicola Bulley, who has gone missing from home in Inskip?

Nicola, 45, was last seen at around 9.15am today (Friday, January 27th) on the footpath by the river off Garstang Road in St Michael’s on Wyre.

She is described as white, 5ft 3ins tall, with light brown shoulder-length hair. She speaks with an Essex accent.

She was last seen wearing a long black gilet jacket with a hood, black jeans and olive green ankle wellies. Her hair was tied into a ponytail.

Immediately prior to going missing she was walking her dog, described as a brown-coloured Spaniel. Although the dog has since been found close to where we believe Nicola was last seen, we hope this might help jog the memory of anybody who saw her at around the same time and who may have information about where she was going.
(my appologies if this has already been covered. I'm trying to catch up on the thread).
From the description it appears Nicola was wearing rather heavy clothing. Has there been any mention of whether or not Nicola could swim? The combonation of heavy, wet clothing and an inability to swim could be a factor.

I’m trying to think of why the police could have found the phone on the bench.
1. she deliberately left it there and then went missing, doesn’t explain why the conference call was still active.
2. she placed it there whilst listening to the call but then went to the river and fell in
3. she placed it there and then was abducted
4. Other person left it there to ensure it wasn’t traced by ping
5. left there by accident
that doesn’t explain the still active call though.
The work call may not have been her, suppose it depends if her colleagues can confirm it was her on the call and did they see or speak to her at all or whether someone else has joined / answered it and left it to adjust the possible time frame of her disappearance - ie it can’t have happened then as she‘d joined a work call.

The work call may not have been her, suppose it depends if her colleagues can confirm it was her on the call and did they see or speak to her at all or whether someone else has joined / answered it and left it to adjust the possible time frame of her disappearance - ie it can’t have happened then as she‘d joined a work call.

Well she was seen by a witness at around 9:15am with her dog in tow walking in the direction of the river so I would assume it was her that was on the call given that she logged on at 9:01am with the same phone found on a bench at around 10:30am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member