Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a girl went missing at new year time where I live, albeit the water is a river and huge which goes out to the North Sea. She has never been found but thinking back the urgency was different, they didn’t really seek witnesses or the likes. Clean and cut went into the water. Just feels different this.

On sky news it is reported she was last seen at 9:15am and on the Lancashire police SM appeal page it is saying 9:20am. I know it is only 5 minutes but still, I wish the reporting was accurate for anyone with info, people are more likely to see sky news than the police website imo.

Also, I think we can rule out her camera being on for the scheduled work call as wouldn’t her colleague(s) be the last people to see her. If let’s say she was on the call with camera on and she said oops hang on need to retrieve the dog and never came back to the call. Or could it be that was the sighting and no1 physically saw her on foot in person.

Ben Pociecha, the director of Exclusively Mortgages, said Ms Bulley had logged onto a team meeting at 9.01am. 'It seems as if she was muted and didn't have her camera on. She was listening in whilst walking her dog,' he told MailOnline.

Ben Pociecha, the director of Exclusively Mortgages, said Ms Bulley had logged onto a team meeting at 9.01am. 'It seems as if she was muted and didn't have her camera on. She was listening in whilst walking her dog,' he told MailOnline.

Ok a bit more info and a map. She had her car it was parked in the car park of the school (St. Michaels) after the school drop off.

So I assume her car was still in the car park - I don’t know how reliable this info is because the police appeal never mentioned a car but maybe because it’s not relevant. Still odd as the question was raised.

Bbm - the way this is worded sounds like he dropped the children at school and then got a call from them later, but could just be the wording of the journalist. It would make sense though if it was he who dropped them off so she could be sure to be free to join the work call without being held up.

"Mr Ansell said he or Nicola would regularly drop the children off, aged six and nine, at the local primary school, before taking their Springer spaniel for a walk along the river nearby.

But after dropping the children off at school on Friday morning he then got a call alerting him something was amiss.

Mr Ansell said: “I rang police, I got a call from the school regarding somebody who had found Willow and Nikki’s phone and the dog lead and harness on the bench.

“We take the kids to school and take the dog down there, either myself or Nikki, nearly every day.”

Missing Nicola Bulley - all we know from muted phone call to abandoned dog lead

Interesting. Logged on suggests it wasn’t a group call. Wouldn’t hog the line so people can still call her.

Ok a bit more info and a map. She had her car it was parked in the car park of the school (St. Michaels).

So I assume her car was still in the car park - I don’t know how reliable this info is because the police appeal never mentioned a car but maybe because it’s not relevant. Still odd as the question was raised.
This is the first we have heard about the car and it being parked. I wonder if it’s still there.

Ok a bit more info and a map. She had her car it was parked in the car park of the school (St. Michaels).

Could be that she took the dog to the school when dropping the kids off then walked with the dog on the lead to the river ? Makes sense to me ? Ear phones in ?

Yes this is what is being reported on that article.
Could be that she took the dog to the school when dropping the kids off then walked with the dog on the lead to the river ? Makes sense to me ? Ear phones in

It also states that the dog was found running loose at 10:15am. Could well of been another mother of children from the same school walking their dog after drop off. I noticed that two of her friends speaking on sky news both have dogs and it sounded like they were friends from their kids schools rather than lifelong known friends.

“The dog was loose and the dog was between the river and the bench.” 01:43 in the GB News video:

Dogs can often return to the area that they last saw their owner.
If the dog was separated from cola but lost sight of her-Bundled into a car for example, the dog would more than likely return to the spot it was familiar with.

After taking in the details we’ve been given my personal opinion is that she has slipped and fallen in the river and has somehow not been located yet. The phone and lead on the bench says to me that they weren’t dropped or thrown there by herself or someone else, they were placed there (unless picked up off the floor and put on the bench by a passerby after she disappeared). The dog being found in the proximity of the phone and lead, the police saying they’re not treating it as a crime but a missing persons case…

To me I feel like they’re working on the theory that she has slipped and unfortunately got into difficulties in the water. I live in the South West of England near a quayside and we’ve had a couple incidents over the years of drunk people falling in and not being found for a few days after being snagged on something in the water. I feel like we all think the police and rescue services should find them straight away but unfortunately it’s not always the case. However saying that I’m not overly sure how deep the River Wyre is.

So thinking about everything we know I believe she put the lead and phone down on the bench after her dog got into some kind of difficulty or maybe to get a ball or toy that the dog had dropped, slipped/tripped into the water and was unable to get out.

My only inkling towards there maybe being some kind of darker truth behind it is that on her Facebook page (which is public) she clearly shows in uploads to her page where she goes on her dog walks and it doesn’t look like the most populated of areas, so if somebody did want to cause her harm I’m sure they would’ve known where she was and when based on her Facebook posts. But that is purely speculating.
It will be interesting to see what more comes of this, obviously we’re all hoping for a miraculous positive outcome

Last edited:
Bbm - the way this is worded sounds like he dropped the children at school and then got a call from them later, but could just be the wording of the journalist. It would make sense though if it was he who dropped them off so she could be sure to be free to join the work call without being held up.

"Mr Ansell said he or Nicola would regularly drop the children off, aged six and nine, at the local primary school, before taking their Springer spaniel for a walk along the river nearby.

But after dropping the children off at school on Friday morning he then got a call alerting him something was amiss.

Mr Ansell said: “I rang police, I got a call from the school regarding somebody who had found Willow and Nikki’s phone and the dog lead and harness on the bench.

“We take the kids to school and take the dog down there, either myself or Nikki, nearly every day.”

Missing Nicola Bulley - all we know from muted phone call to abandoned dog lead

Two hours between finding the dog/phone and the police appeal going live suggests that the police acted immediately, almost within the hour, with a missing person case. That's unusually fast timing for an adult who might have just lost a dog and left her phone while looking for it. It's otherwise plausible that NB would have turned up, out of breath, having raced around searching for the dog or whatever.

But in this case, the husband/friends saw an immediate red flag, <modsnip> and informed the police because of it, who rightly acted within minutes, more or less.

Nothing here says abduction to me, or an accident in the river, despite the proximity.

I'm hoping so hard that NB gets home to her family soon. They must be utterly distraught.

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely agree this is very plausible, but it doesn't feel completely linear to me, without a backstory of sorts. It's such a short time frame, she's an adult woman on an average morning. People leave phones the whole time. People lose dogs the whole time. I agree that the picture adds up with hindsight, but in that moment, red flags went red VERY fast, which leads me to think the backstory - what her friends and partner know about her wellbeing - is informing everything the police are saying (or not saying).
She posted regularly on FB … then in early Dec her posts just stop.

After taking in the details we’ve been given my personal opinion is that she has slipped and fallen in the river and has somehow not been located yet. The phone and lead on the bench says to me that they weren’t dropped or thrown there by herself or someone else, they were placed there (unless picked up off the floor and put on the bench by a passerby after she disappeared). The dog being found in the proximity of the phone and lead, the police saying they’re not treating it as a crime but a missing persons case…

To me I feel like they’re working on the theory that she has slipped and unfortunately got into difficulties in the water. I live in the South West of England near a quayside and we’ve had a couple incidents over the years of drunk people falling in and not being found for a few days after being snagged on something in the water. I feel like we all think the police and rescue services should find them straight away but unfortunately it’s not always the case. However saying that I’m not overly sure how deep the River Wyre is.

So thinking about everything we know I believe she put the lead and phone down on the bench after her dog got into some kind of difficulty, slipped/tripped into the water and was unable to get out.

My only inkling towards their maybe being some kind of darker truth behind it is that on her Facebook page (which is public) she clearly shows in uploads to her page where she goes on her dog walks and it doesn’t look like the most populated of areas, so if somebody did want to cause her harm I’m sure they would’ve known where she was and when based on her Facebook posts. But that is purely speculating.
It will be interesting to see what more comes of this, obviously we’re all hoping for a miraculous positive outcome

allot of potential hiding places in a river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member