Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is all very weird - in another interview the Supt stated that they did not know how the children got to school! Surely, they would have figured that out by now?
It is. Maybe they do know that but are keeping cards close to their chests. Not sure why withholding that would affect the investigation though. Who knows!

I would still like to know what the interaction was between NB and the witness that said they saw her just so we know NB was actually on the walk and it was definitely her. If there was any doubt over the sighting it would open up all sorts of other scenarios.

I would still like to know what the interaction was between NB and the witness that said they saw her just so we know NB was actually on the walk and it was definitely her. If there was any doubt over the sighting it would open up all sorts of other scenarios.
Yes I agree. Who was the witness? Was it definitely NB? Is that why they need dashcam to confirm that she was definitely there.

Yes, if the bench was at the beginning of the walk. Perhaps Willow got exited and bolted off towards the river? Seems odd that in that situation she’d just leave her phone though rather that pick it up while trying to fetch the dog.
perhaps she was wearng ear pods or headphones?

Have they updated this? I didn't notice the bit before about him speaking to the woman who found the dog.

From this link :

We are especially keen to find a witness we believe was in the area at the time Nicola went missing. He is described as a man aged around 70, white, six ft tall, well-built who was walking a small white fluffy dog on a lead. He spoke to the woman in the area who found Nicola's dog near a bench in the field before walking in the direction of Rowanwater. If this is you, or if you know who this could be, please get in touch.

I believe Rowenwater has a lodge park there.. I’m not local but saw in on Google maps. I wonder if police have done door to door at this lodge park if a witness was seen to be heading in that direction?

Can someone link a map please showing the river/bench area and route along to Romanwater please. Also marking the school route from river/bench. I’m sorry I don’t have time to make one.
Hi Edin

As far as I am aware it's not been confirmed anywhere in MSM which school the kids go to or even where she actually lives other than "from Inskip".

It's being assumed one or both kids go to school in St Michaels because her walk started right after school drop off.

My thoughts are circling with this case and haven't settled into a POV yet. My most profound feeling is that it's not an abduction.

My equal feeling is that the police know a LOT more here. We can only see the surface details - albeit quite a lot here with NB posting on FB and so on - but it's the real life things that glue it all together. I think they are now concerned because the places they expected to find her have drawn a blank, but they still are not publicly suspecting a third party.

I'm also thinking about how a woman could want to get away, but not leave. People are rightly saying that she wouldn't leave her family, her young daughters, and I'm sure that's right. But if she has experienced a sudden, irresistible breakdown of sorts, and needs to stop being herself at that moment, and climb off her own merry-go-round, then she's not leaving, she's just stopping, for a while, but not leaving them. I'm not sure how that would play out, I'm just imagining how someone might feel like that.

Finally, I'm considering the fact that police were on this fast, and treating an adult woman 'missing' for less than a morning as an urgent matter. It's a possibility that NB's friends/partner/family knew she was in a fragile state for whatever reason, and rightly saw a red flag. Maybe there have been others. Maybe she's had to step out of her life briefly before, or had spoken about it recently. Her lack of social media recently is possibly relevant here.

I really, really hope she is found safe and well and can be reunited with her family soonest. Whatever has happened here, it's so, so sad.

Oh ok so the man did speak to the lady who found willow. Well the police certainly took a while to ask for info if they knew this info from the offset, although maybe they just thought he would come forward of his own accord as one poster mentioned. Maybe it was simply a ‘hello’ and he never seen anything hence why he hasn’t came forward or maybe something else…

It is all very weird - in another interview the Supt stated that they did not know how the children got to school! Surely, they would have figured that out by now?
I think the Supt just meant she personally didn't know, not that the investigation doesn't know. She was just confused by the question (I think)

I believe Rowenwater has a lodge park there.. I’m not local but saw in on Google maps. I wonder if police have done door to door at this lodge park if a witness was seen to be heading in that direction?
If they have lodge park there depending whether it was residential or not it could be the person they were looking for was not normally seen in that area and was down just for the weekend possibly.

I suspect the urgency of ‘missing’ came into play quickly because the dog was luckily found by someone known to NB, her phone on the bench with a work call still connected and the fact her partner was alerted by the school subsequently calling police. It is a quick appeal but it’s not with all the background info. I suspect if she & willow just hadn’t arrived home and she took her work call it wouldn’t have been so quick.

So do this now mean the original witness has changed their story at all ? It does seem strange that this is only coming out today it is significant to say the least they could have been the last person to see nb alive. Alternatively could the police be trying to flush someone else out into the open with their no foul play, missing person investigation?
Brand new to this, I found the site after googling the NB case as it just doesn’t add up. I feel the reason it seems so odd is that the police very obviously know something that is not being released to the public. If they are confident no crime has been committed, then they must have a fairly clear idea of what happened. If she’s had an accident in the river, why the missing persons appeal? If they think she’s walked away, why the searches? Very odd all round, I’m starting to feel like they’re giving someone enough leeway to incriminate themselves.

Brand new to this, I found the site after googling the NB case as it just doesn’t add up. I feel the reason it seems so odd is that the police very obviously know something that is not being released to the public. If they are confident no crime has been committed, then they must have a fairly clear idea of what happened. If she’s had an accident in the river, why the missing persons appeal? If they think she’s walked away, why the searches? Very odd all round, I’m starting to feel like they’re giving someone enough leeway to incriminate themselves.
Completely agree with you on this

Really curious to know how much time had elapsed between her logging into her work call (if it was her that logged in) and her dog/phone being found.

Gut feeling for me at the moment is that she isn't in the water but I am usually wrong so expect that to be exactly what happened.

Really curious to know how much time had elapsed between her logging into her work call (if it was her that logged in) and her dog/phone being found.

Gut feeling for me at the moment is that she isn't in the water but I am usually wrong so expect that to be exactly what happened.
I don’t know when the call started but I wouldn’t assume any earlier than 8:30 imo, I work from home and team/zoom calls usually commence at 9am earliest to let people do the school run etc. IMHO

I am sure on the police appeal it said it was around an hour after the sighting of her at 9:15am the dog was found by the bench and river by someone known to NB. So, I’m guessing between 10am - 10:30am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1