Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes definitely IMO police are deliberately sort of confusing us (public) about this whole car thing.
I am 99% sure they would know how her morning went. With regards to who dropped kids off at school and who had the car etc etc. i mean it’s just a 2 parent family. They would both have known what the other was doing.

Perhaps they are waiting for someone to ‘trip up’ on some information.
MOO

Seems the Media also don’t know what is correct with the whole car ride to school/how she got to the walking area.
Perfectly summed up!

JMO but is it possible that NB and partner both drove in with the kids? Dad walked them into school and mum and dog walked off for the 9am meeting? Or mum walked them in and dad went off to work etc? Might explain why the police are being vague about it as they wouldn’t want speculation on anything.

<modsnip - snarky>

In any event, my theory is SHE did not take the dog for a walk at all.

Somebody else did.

In my opinion.
I find all the chatter and MSM referring to her FB post about fog and it being 'spooky' as being significant... I always find fog spooky! I live in the woods and find it spooky, but equally when I go into the village or towns, I also find it spooky. There is a reason people use fog in film, TV and writing to create an atmosphere. I think her FB post really is just MSM jumping on something she threw out there.

I realise I'm making all sorts of assumptions, but I find it interesting that the woman who found the dog, who then seemingly alerted the school about the dog (surely a number would have been on the harness? How would they know what school to contact for the owner?!) also saw the man the police were questioning as a 'key witness'.

There doesn't seem to be ANY actual physical evidence of the last sighting, other than a phone, lead/harness and the essentially anonymous/remote meeting log in??

Equally, yes she might have slipped into the water, but the few occasions I have slipped on a wet day down a hill, a bank or a woodland path, I leave a skid, surely there would be some kind of earth disturbance.
The person who found the dog was known to NB In some capacity as they recognised the dog so maybe it was another parent of the school, a neighbour etc we don’t know who but they knew NB enough to know what school her kids went to - crazy coincidence but maybe not so in a small village.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely the neighbour intended to say that NB was homey, not homely! imo.
ETA..

''1.home·ly
NORTH AMERICAN
(of a person) unattractive in appearance''

''BRITISH
(of a place or surroundings) simple but cozy and comfortable, as in one's own home.
"a modern hotel with a homely atmosphere"
No I imagine she did really mean to say 'homely'. I would say homely rather than homey. Lancashire lass through and through.

Last edited:
JMO but is it possible that NB and partner both drove in with the kids? Dad walked them into school and mum and dog walked off for the 9am meeting? Or mum walked them in and dad went off to work etc? Might explain why the police are being vague about it as they wouldn’t want speculation on anything.
Yes definitely possible. I think that’s why everyone is confused - because the police are not giving out all the information. And rightly so. IMO.

No I would have done exactly the same, I have a 6 year old, I have a handful only of parents contracts through parties etc, the dog was found apparently in between the bench and river, messimg up any footprints, bless, also for people to say she hadn't posted on Facebook, I shared loads of posts elf on shelf etc, by the time my children broke up, so busy only took a few photos

Given the circumstances I have to speculate. She is not in the river. It is not deep enough. She would have been found already.
What circumstances though? Police are not saying they suspect foul play. No red flags, from what I can gather, with family members. No sign of a struggle. Dog still in the vicinity of where victim was last seen. No 'strange person' sighted, that we know of.

The obvious answer - She's in the river.

<modsnip - snarky>

In any event, my theory is SHE did not take the dog for a walk at all.

In my opinion.
but my point is how did the dog get to wherever it was found bench/river or wherever. It wouldn't have got itself there from home by itself. Why do you think she did not take the dog for a walk?

What circumstances though? Police are not saying they suspect foul play. No red flags, from what I can gather, with family members. No sign of a struggle. Dog still in the vicinity of where victim was last seen. No 'strange person' sighted, that we know of.

I respect your view and opinion. In my opinion there are many, many red flags. I do no think she is in the river or that there is any obvious answer. It is a mystery.

Lancashire Police said the witness, who was walking a white fluffy dog in the area, was "currently being spoken to".
The man "spoke to the woman in the area who found Nicola's dog near a bench in the field", the force said in an earlier statement

Sorry if this has been gone over a few times.
So this Man Witness only actually spoke to the lady who found NB’s dog. Man Witness didn’t necessarily see NB

Also this BBC a article does state she was last seen walking next to the River W off Garstang Road.
Wonder who saw her then?

These are my thoughts:

- With huge respect to NB, this would not be nationwide front page news if it was a case of a dog walker slipping and falling into the river. Events like this (tragic accidents), although not a daily occurrence, do happen and are not made as headline news (as they are just not ‘newsworthy’ enough) so there is more to it than just this

- The police know a lot more than we, as Joe Public are aware of. Sometimes they have to keep their cards close to their chests so to not jeopardise the case. They may well have suspicions that foul play has occurred but cannot directly tell this to the public as it would cause alarm and panic and until there is more concrete evidence of a perpetrator, they are understandably not giving the public the whole picture they are piecing together as a force

- FB and lack of posts over the past month or so. Were there relationship issues with her partner? <modsnip - not victim friendly> I wonder if they are his children too? They’ve been together 12 years and both girls are younger than 12 so it suggests that they are his but we do not know definitively

- Could she have had a stalker given her posting of the dog walking routes she walked on her FB page

- There is a lot more to this story and I think sadly it is more sinister than we know and likely involves a third party

MOO
-

Just adding my thoughts here, to this very sad case.

I do not think she fell in the river by accident.
I do not think she has deliberately gone into the river or run off.
I do think someone has gone to great lengths to make it look like she was on a normal dog walking trip - even adding the conference call touch - and to then make it appear that a random stranger has been behind this, or one of the above.
I do think she may sadly have come to harm as a result.

All imo of course.
I read A witness saw her walking willow at 9.15 nearby where her dog, phone harness found about 10.30am & NB had logged into her phone at 9.01 her boss said, she had muted & put camera off as she walked her dog & was just listening, apparently some people just listen to team conference calls, anyhow she must of been listening in to this call when the witness saw her, it's just a Mystery, but there was a sign on the tree stating dogs must be on leads, I imagine she'd follow that rule & she was familiar with that walk so would know the rules, my mind is doing overtime, thinking if someone harmed her did they want the dog to look like it hadn't got any owner & took it's harness & lead off but surely they'd of took the phone too etc, non of it makes sense unless she fell in the water,

I respect your view and opinion. In my opinion there are many, many red flags. I do no think she is in the river or that there is any obvious answer. It is a mystery.
I also respect yours which is why I'm asking if maybe you could quantify your theory that she didn't even take the dog for a walk and the many red flags you see? With the facts as we know them I'm struggling to understand how anyone can come to these conclusions.

The fact that she placed the phone down still connected seems as if something suddenly caught her attention, ie maybe the dog doing something, or someone trying to take the dog - that kind of scenario. It doesn't seem to be the action of someone who was going to intentionally harm themselves.

But why would she venture close to the water if the dog just maybe minutes later, was found quite dry? And the water isn't that high there is it, do surely she would have been found on Friday? it's not like a day or more elapsed before she was reported missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist