Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley, 45, last seen walking her dog on footpath by the river, Inskip, Lancashire, 27 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this Mail article there's what looks like a facebook post from late November where she said she walked the dog, and she said it was cold, and a "Bit spooky too". Might be nothing, but I can't help wondering what made her feel as if it was spooky.
Anyone else notice in this article how NB is spoken about in the past tense - snipped and BBM for clarity -

A neighbour of the family said Nicola would never abandon her children.
A family neighbour said: 'The family is extremely close-knit.
'They are very loving and they will be in absolute pieces.
'It's a mystery. They just have no idea where she is.
'We went out on the search on Sunday and she has taken the dog there loads of times but the banks of the river can be very slippery.'
She added: 'You just don't know do you but I do know that she would have never ever left those children voluntarily. The whole family is doting.
'I would imagine Nicola was a doting mum. They are the loveliest people you could ever wish to meet.
'I think everyone is devastated because she seemed the kind of girl who didn't have a bad bone in her body.
'She was extremely pleasant and homely. She lived for her daughters and Paul.
'The family will be heartbroken.
'Every week her parents go to Nicola's and pick their grandchildren up and come back here.
'I can't imagine what they are going through and they just have no idea where she could be.
'It has made us quite upset. Nicola had a nice family and a nice job and she was a lovely person.'

I don’t know how I would talk in that situation but thought it was worth mentioning. Please delete if not allowed.

I find this quote a bit strange. Is the initial assumption by police that she is just missing going to have gone on too long?
I find it odd that the owner of an “abandoned” house just happened to be around and then, according to the Mirror article, searched the house himself at the request of a civilian search/rescue team. Perhaps I just have a suspicious mind.

In this Mail article there's what looks like a facebook post from late November where she said she walked the dog, and she said it was cold, and a "Bit spooky too". Might be nothing, but I can't help wondering what made her feel as if it was spooky.
I think she was referring to the fog making it spooky .

I find it odd that the owner of an “abandoned” house just happened to be around and then, according to the Mirror article, searched the house himself at the request of a civilian search/rescue team. Perhaps I just have a suspicious mind.

There is a car in the driveway on Google Maps and the lawns look well kept. It might be unoccupied but 'abandoned' makes it sound spookier.

From this article earlier today:

Missing walker's haunting words about 'spooky' path before vanishing

"But after dropping the children off at school on Friday morning he then got a call alerting him something was amiss."

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...ho-need-their-mummy-home-partner-says-4007033

Ms Bulley did the school run before heading for the dog walk on Friday, police indicated.

When did this change...?

Did the Police actually confirm either NB or PA dropped the kids off at school? or just ' Police indicated' ?
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

"But after dropping the children off at school on Friday morning he then got a call alerting him something was amiss."

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...ho-need-their-mummy-home-partner-says-4007033

Ms Bulley did the school run before heading for the dog walk on Friday, police indicated.

When did this change...?
I think it was the way it was written in the article more than anything. If you look at it again you can read the whole article two different ways and that just adds to the confusion. It is so key to the whole investigation as far as iam concenred.

But how would she have willingly disappeared? Surely she couldn’t have just walked, she was miles from anywhere, people would have seen her. And where would she have gone anyway, alone? She’d have to have somewhere to stay and a way of getting there. Someone else would have to be in on it surely?

Unless she decided to make a permanent disappearance, if you catch my drift. But that doesn't really seem like a likely scenario here.

When did this change...?
I think the media has got it a bit muddled here, I read she'd dropped them off at school & parked up & walked her dog by the river, I read the person who found the dog, harnes - lead & phone on the bench recognised the dog, so I'm assuming she knew Nikki too & got in touch with the school to get them to report it to Nikki's partner, either he or the person who found willow rang the police.. that how I read it on some article

I think she was referring to the fog making it spooky .
It may well just have been the fog, but if there was someone who was a potential attacker in that area they might have gone there a few times, and watched people or something.

<modsnip - no link to strava>

I feel the most likely scenario is she’s been distracted on the work call and can’t find willow so lays the phone down on the bench to go find the dog most likely slipping into the water. I appreciate she should have been found by now but stranger things have happened.
This is exactly what I think.

Did the Police actually confirm either NB or PA dropped the kids off at school? or just ' Police indicated' ?
The DM is notorious for misreporting.
I don’t think the police confirmed anything at all about the school run that morning! When asked about a car in the press conference she said ‘no Nicola was last seen on foot’. Press conference here

Just adding my thoughts here, to this very sad case.

I do not think she fell in the river by accident.
I do not think she has deliberately gone into the river or run off.
I do think someone has gone to great lengths to make it look like she was on a normal dog walking trip - even adding the conference call touch - and to then make it appear that a random stranger has been behind this, or one of the above.
I do think she may sadly have come to harm as a result.

All imo of course.

It may well just have been the fog, but if there was someone who was a potential attacker in that area they might have gone there a few times, and watched people or something.
Absolutely ,we never really know who's watching or who's hanging about , unless we are warned of an incident. Does anyone know of any reported or local rumours of anyone hanging about a little too often .

I don’t think the police confirmed anything at all about the school run that morning! When asked about a car in the press conference she said ‘no Nicola was last seen on foot’. Press conference here
This was originally an 8 min long press conference but seems to have been snipped. Anyone got a link to the original? Thanks.

Just adding my thoughts here, to this very sad case.

I do not think she fell in the river by accident.
I do not think she has deliberately gone into the river or run off.
I do think someone has gone to great lengths to make it look like she was on a normal dog walking trip - even adding the conference call touch - and to then make it appear that a random stranger has been behind this, or one of the above.
I do think she may sadly have come to harm as a result.

All imo of course.
I don’t think there was much time between dropping the kids off and joining the conference call. I guess if someone was in a hurry it would explain why the dog wasn’t wearing his harness. It would also mean he could run off on his own to play and not follow anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist