Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article doesn't make sense as I keep saying because they have the phone, they will know what route the phone took to the bench surely?

I don't understand the fascination with this 10 minute gap?
Its said that a witness saw her in the top field at 09.10. Does phone date confirm this position? If they can show where the phone was at 09.20 then they must be able to trace it there all the way from the carpark

So what are everyone's thoughts on what information the police may have and are holding back that leads them to the river theory with no suspicious circumstances?

I have no idea. Something feels amiss there is nothing concrete just some comments I’ve read, interviews I’ve listened to - some comments are jarring and make me stop, long pauses before police have answered a question that kind of thing. There is just an air of ‘mystery’ not getting the full story kind of vibes. Ultimately NB and her family still have a right to a private life so we may never ever know if there is something being withheld.

Ultimately though I think the ‘perfect storm’, of sensationalised media headlines, huge public interest via social media in particular is adding an air of mystery - is the mystery actually there? A bit of ramble there really!

Yes, that is the CCTV in the back field that isn't working.

My question is about the CCTV cameras on the Wyreside Cottage pictured in summer 2019. Do we know for sure *both* cameras are still up and these are definitely the cameras police have footage for?

Let's look at this hypothetically. I am not making any accusations but just trying to cover all areas. Say something happened outside my house, the police were involved and I didn't want them to see my footage for whatever reason, I could remove a camera with key details and they might not know I ever had it. To find me out we'd rely on previous Google footage/ photos or eyewitness accounts. In rural places it's less likely other locals are going to know exactly where cameras are and how many.
In a case as serious as this (but where police strongly suspect crime) it is likely that they would seize the cctv recording unit itself for a more forensic type of examination. Unbeknown to many cctv system owners the recorder unit (DVR or NVR) carries a log of events that would record events such as a camera being added or removed from the system, alerts from cameras such as a line being crossed, a notification sent to the system owner etc. Currently the log is unable to identify how a camera may have been disabled (fault, cable cut, disconnected etc.) but the timing of the event could prove either suspicious or innocent depending on whether the camera simply and coincidentally failed or a cable fault could be construed as malicious or not as the case may be. Evidence from the hard drive / Cloud that stores the footage may add weight to this.

Tatty red van - second sighting ( paragraph two below for second witness)

It has now emerged that a concerned resident spotted a suspicious-looking vehicle, believed to be a Renault, outside a barn in St Michael's on Wyre, Lancashire, on January 27. The witness contacted the police to report a suspicious "red van" parked in the village close to where Bulley went missing.
The 55-year-old witness, who had not been named, told the Times they saw the "tatty red van in Hall Lane outside a barn".
“I didn’t think anything at the time, but when I saw Nicola had gone missing, I called 101 and spoke to an operator. “I contacted the police again on Friday and spoke to a police officer. It could have been a Renault van."
The St Michaels on Wyre resident said the vehicle was the "sort of van you can live in".

A second witness - who happens to work in in search and rescue in the south of the country - revealed to The Sun that they had seen a red van which "looked suspicious" at 9.40am that morning. The man, who requested not to be named, said they had called the police three days after she was revealed missing when they realised that the vehicle "might be significant" in their inquiries.
"They thanked me and asked if I had any dashcam footage and told me they were taking my information seriously", he added
. Police searching for Nicola Bulley have been told about new ‘tatty red van’ lead

bit more on that second witness, cause quite a few of the other newspapers had ommitted this line, which, I thought was interesting ( But I'm terrible when I start to see recurring themes, am like a dog with a bone)
“The call really allayed my fears that my sighting wouldn’t be considered properly, they are obviously following up on everything.” Lancashire Police said they had no comment to make regarding the suspicious red van.Nicola cops ARE hunting shabby red van - I saw the vehicle, says key witness
Serious question. How can a van look suspicious? What made the witnesses think it was suspicious.

Hello, new here. Like many, I’ve been worrying about NB and her family and friends. I’m someone who occasionally takes the dog for a walk during larger conference calls when not expected to contribute and will sometimes sit down and put the call on loudspeaker, usually if I want to remove my earphones. It strikes me that in this situation I would never leave my phone unless I needed to intervene immediately in something which was both in the immediate vicinity and such a priority that I ignore the phone, in other words, if I was in a state of panic, however briefly. If another person approached I’d pick the phone up and either disconnect or turn off the speaker, depending on whether they wanted to talk to me or not. I wouldn’t want anyone over-hearing anything, as these calls are often confidential. It strikes me that something needing NB’s immediate intervention may have happened, maybe involving the dog which at that point was all she was responsible for. Maybe the dog was up to something at the water’s edge, somehow causing her to fall in, or maybe it had caused some kind of conflict in the area behind the bench, the hedgerow perhaps, with someone/something as yet unknown, potentially leading to an argument and accident. My perspective only, of course.

Very interesting that the Lanc Police said no comment re: the van.
Every other suggestion has been shot down immediately.
Suggests that they are still looking into it IMO
This was my first thought. They were quick to say no third party criminal activity but they haven’t immediately shut down talk of the van.

Serious question. How can a van look suspicious? What made the witnesses think it was suspicious.
Also, what concerned me was, imagine a scenario where the red van driver is the perp in this case.

If all the witnesses, after telling LE, then go off and speak to different newspapers, what do you imagine a perp might do next?

In a case as serious as this (but where police strongly suspect crime) it is likely that they would seize the cctv recording unit itself for a more forensic type of examination. Unbeknown to many cctv system owners the recorder unit (DVR or NVR) carries a log of events that would record events such as a camera being added or removed from the system, alerts from cameras such as a line being crossed, a notification sent to the system owner etc. Currently the log is unable to identify how a camera may have been disabled (fault, cable cut, disconnected etc.) but the timing of the event could prove either suspicious or innocent depending on whether the camera simply and coincidentally failed or a cable fault could be construed as malicious or not as the case may be. Evidence from the hard drive / Cloud that stores the footage may add weight to this.

I have several cameras (EUFY) and I could unplug one and dispose of it and unlikely anyone would ever know I had it. There is an app but data can only be accessed if camera is in possession. If, for instance, someone broke in and nicked the camera the data would be inaccessible even though I have live online streams and record to a memory card. It could provide me with images (rather than video) to my inbox but I'd have to have that set up.

Also, what concerned me was, imagine a scenario where the red van driver is the perp in this case.

If all the witnesses, after telling LE, then go off and speak to different newspapers, what do you imagine a perp might do next?
Yes I don't I understand why the witnesses felt the need to contact the papers. Do they expect police have the time to contact everyone who phones in with a tip and give them an update?

I've followed the threads up to 7 so forgive me if thisbhas been covered but, one thing that occurred to me. I had a Fitbit Surge (years ago) that tracked my route, etc, with GPS. If they have her phone they will have the Fitbit serial number etc. Would Fitbit be able to track its route from known GPS "pings" without it having synced to the phone before battery ran out/became water damaged. My location data was always fairly accurate, even 4+ years ago. I'm not sure if all models now come with GPS or which models comes in pale blue and whether it would have GPS?

Libby Squire also springs to mind. If she had not been seen getting into the perp's car (almost never happened was only *just* caught on CCTV and the car, because of thag, had not then been followed by ANPR and public cameras to the riverbank it would have been a different story.

If she had just washed up in the Humber weeks later, without the CCTV or DNA evidence (miraculous the abduction was caught on CCTV and the DNA evidence survived all those weeks in water), it would have been assumed she wandered to the river drunk and fell in or went in of her own accord. And we'd have a dangerous murderer still walking the streets.
A lot of Sarah Everard’s case relied on random dashcam/bus cam/doorbell footage too, didn’t it? That led to the car, which led to LE tracking journey, which led to her location. (If I recall correctly.)

Yes I don't I understand why the witnesses felt the need to contact the papers. Do they expect police have the time to contact everyone who phones in with a tip and give them an update?
Suddenly disposing of your red van, after the headlines, would raise police suspicions even more now, wouldn't it?

Suddenly the 'window' is publicly expanded to c. 2 hours (last witness sighting in Top Field - PA arriving on the scene), which is EXACTLY what I was trying to explain the other day when my post got angry reactions and was deleted for being speculation. I am relieved that this has now - finally! - been acknowledged. It should, IMO, have been right from the outset, as it potentially opens up a whole lot of other possible avenues to be pursued.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member