Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing. Surprising they don’t include the details in more of the materials. To my knowledge though they still haven’t highlighted what she was likely to have with her, or what else ‘was missing’. Surely got to have been a couple of items on her that she takes everywhere, and isn’t in the house. IMO.
Bunch of keys? Maybe these were left in the car if it was parked in a secure area.

My two penneth for what it is worth. I do not think Pa's interview was unusual in any way. What a nerve wracking thing to do under such difficult circumstances. Also, he will have been briefed about how to approach the interview and so impossible to cast aspersions on the way in which certain questions were answered IMO.

I find it really hard to believe NB fell in the river, though of course its impossible to know atm. However just thinking about these new witnesses and why the police still focused on the river whilst the possibility of these suspicious looking people. Maybe the police are already lookikg into this. I think it has been mentioned several times that if the police look to be focusing on one scenario only, then it might make any 'suspects' slip up in some way. I cannot allow myself to believe the police haven't checked CCTV leading up to, and for some time after, the disappearance. Just voicing my thoughts. I hope beyond hope that NB is found and returned home.

They've done them before with less knowledge...thinking back to the days of Crime watch. We know where she was seen based on witnesses....they could do a reconstruction based on the current timeline.
Have they? There’s no visuals on her, two sightings 23 minutes apart with it seems very little detail and no activity other than walking a dog. Don’t really know what someone dressed up as Nicola walking along a path would achieve.

I am working in the facts we have...she had a meeting the night before, it's a fact. How on earth does any sleuthing go on if people don't put their mind to it? You can't say "it's impossible she left" and then say it's a "conspiracy theory" when someone provides an example on how it would be FEASIBLE. I am not saying that is what she did, but that it is a feasible scenario. It wouldn't be magic, it would be possible. Again, for the last time, I believe she went in the river.
Agree. Putting forward theories is the one thing we can do. They can be ruled out or not. Someone’s theory may end up being right. The facts we have are very few. She may be in the river but what if she isn’t?
Someone’s theory may fit the facts snd be helpful

The coat looks blue in the CCTV images of the lady loading dog into boot of car. Presumably this is a camera issue but it really does look blue not black.

IMO a lot of people might think this was blue :

bulley.jpg
The whole image is washed in cool blue, early morning light, and her coat is a semi reflective material. Even the inside of the car boot looks blue. I've been retouching images in Photoshop for twenty years and this really strikes me as nothing more than a trick of the light.

Going back to basics a little bit i suppose ...

If Nicola fell in the river , having full trust in the initial police response and the SAR teams on site within hours ( as far as i recall ) , further corroborated later on by PF and his team , we can confidently say that, having not found her up to a mile upstream from the bench area and ,at the very least, down to the weir , for the fall in the river scenario to have realistic sense it kinda follows that:

A) She fell in the water and was transported by current past the weir very quickly

B) She fell in the water much closer or even past the weir , for the initial searches to have missed her ( and for this we need context as to why she would even be ther in the first place , presumably with Willow left in the field)

C) The SAR teams and PF's team have simply been unable to locate her in that stretch of river (very unlikely given the scale , length of the search and equipment used )

If none of this apply , fellow sleuthers , we are left with asking ourselves if it's easier to stage a disappearance/fake death or for an abductor/aggressor to carry out their deed and remove Nicola from the scene/area . Willingly , unwillingly or forced to.
And work your way from there .

All of this in my view , in my opinion .
Good summary and way forward.
I am wondering (and will try to see on maps) how close a car could be parked to the gate/ bench exit.

Have they? There’s no visuals on her, two sightings 23 minutes apart with it seems very little detail and no activity other than walking a dog. Don’t really know what someone dressed up as Nicola walking along a path would achieve.
Even the first part of her walk from school, over the footbridge and onto the path might help imo

My guess based on Nicola's previous Strava data is that she often sat or stood around near the bench at the end of walks. Possibly she let Willow continue to run around the field for a few minutes, and IMO Willow probably didn't even see whatever is was that happened. One minute "mum" was there and the next she had gone. Of course it is only a guess.
I think that would be a natural thing to do and I tend to think that too. Having logged in to Teams at 9.01 she probably got to bench and sat down letting Willow sniff. Once at the bench listening to Teams and checking on emails etc something untoward happened. She was then removed from scene by approx 9.30. However she may have been taken somewhere out of view/ through gate so Willow couldn’t follow and then further away once the 9.33 walkers had left. I am interested in how close a car could be to the gate area.

Agree. Putting forward theories is the one thing we can do. They can be ruled out or not. Someone’s theory may end up being right. The facts we have are very few. She may be in the river but what if she isn’t?
Someone’s theory may fit the facts snd be helpful
100%. I believe she fell in the river but I like to read what others come up with, believe could have happened or just putting different ideas forward that are possibilities. You can guarantee there's at least one person here who has completely correct what exactly happened! The more scenarios out there the better and the more likely chance of finding out what really did happen that day.

When I go on dog walks I take very little, to the point it’s just a phone in a pocket and car keys if I’ve driven somewhere

Perhaps they haven’t highlighted anything because she didn’t have anything else with her.
That’s fine, but as you say, she would have had her car keys with her - at least. Very possibly headphones too. Have they released the brand of car?

That’s fine, but as you say, she would have had her car keys with her - at least. Have they released the brand of car?
IMO she may have left her keys in the car as it was parked in a secure area (school). This would make sense in a way to cut out the risk of losing them when interacting with the dog.

My two penneth for what it is worth. I do not think Pa's interview was unusual in any way. What a nerve wracking thing to do under such difficult circumstances. Also, he will have been briefed about how to approach the interview and so impossible to cast aspersions on the way in which certain questions were answered IMO.

I find it really hard to believe NB fell in the river, though of course its impossible to know atm. However just thinking about these new witnesses and why the police still focused on the river whilst the possibility of these suspicious looking people. Maybe the police are already lookikg into this. I think it has been mentioned several times that if the police look to be focusing on one scenario only, then it might make any 'suspects' slip up in some way. I cannot allow myself to believe the police haven't checked CCTV leading up to, and for some time after, the disappearance. Just voicing my thoughts. I hope beyond hope that NB is found and returned home.
Statistics show this is not hard to believe...

So this is from 2015....

Quote: "Drowning is among the leading causes of accidental death; about 400 people accidentally drown every year, which equates to one person dying every 20 hours"

More recently from 2020... but was a lockdown year...

Quote "...there were 254 deaths in UK waters from accidental drownings in 2020 across inland and coastal locations..."

Quote: "...Inland open waters, such as rivers, canals, lakes, reservoirs and quarries continue to be the leading locations with 58% of deaths (N=139)...."

Quote: "...Almost half of (43%) people had no intention to enter the water, such as those walking, with causes including slips, trips and falls, being cut off by the tide, or swept in by waves (N= 107)..."

Last edited:
Only if you ask someone close to the investigation to help that you want to put pressure on

“You’re a similar build and similar colouring. You can fit in her clothes. Could you walk the route to help jog people’s memory”

IMO she may have left her keys in the car as it was parked in a secure area (school). This would make sense in a way to cut out the risk of losing them when interacting with the dog.

I almost always do that, leave my house keys in the car, one less thing to carry on the dog walk and drop accidentally as I rummage for a poo bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298