Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps there simply isn't much CCTV to release. We know the Garstang Rd/Blackpool Ln entrance is a CCTV blackspot, and it doesn't appear Nicola was on CCTV further down the riverbank, either. That only leaves the short walk from the school to the river.
I think a lot of the potential witnesses that have been spotted (red jacket lady with dog and yellow jacket lady with pram) have come from private Ring doorbell cameras, and not CCTV.

I hope and pray you are correct. I think the opinion of some is as we are not privy and not on the inside working on the investigation, we actually do not know as fact whether the police have investigated as thoroughly as we would like to think. I don't think they did themselves any favours being so adamant from the start re the river, albeit being open to other theories.
As I said unless we know as fact they have investigated every avenue thoroughly we cannot summise one way or the other.
Obviously the police are not here to win popularity contests or in fact appease the public suspicion of them.
Obviously they are not.
However they have told us what they have done. Are currently doing.
Massive work.
Incredible work.
The police had divers in that river that very afternoon.
Searches started immediately.
SAR teams were assembled with lightening speed..
1 km land search.
Hundreds of witnesses interviewed, 000's of hours of cctv, witnesses questioned... etc etc etc etc..

The police, like everybody else are answerable.
Their answers are good IMO.

The abduction theory sounds very difficult to pull off unseen, but an attempt/assault where NB ends up in the river is as plausible as NB accidentally slipping down the bank. If a 3rd party involved had bad intentions, they would be unlikely to raise the alarm and would leave the scene with NB in the river, conscious or unconscious. After two weeks and no evidence, I am in the camp that the river scenario is the most likely, but not necessarily that NB fell in accidentally by herself. Just MOO.
That still does not explain why her body hasn’t been recovered. I am not saying it’s impossible. The perpetrator would have to execute this on a very short timeline and then the body just drifts away?

IMO there is some coded detail in PA saying someone local knows.

I would suggest prior history of aggrevation possibly relating to dog being off the lead.
I think he would have mentioned that. I do believe, as he thinks she's not in the river and not walked away of her own accord, in his mind that only leaves abduction. He's also aware that the way this happened, his words "vanished into thin air" it had to have been planned, and like he said "a stranger would stand out like a sore thumb" so the only logical conclusion to him is that it has to be someone local.

New research has revealed that Lancashire has the third-highest rate of pet theft in the country.

Security firm ADT compiled data from police forces across the country to see where the most pets are stolen and which types of pets are most at risk.
Lancashire took third place with 52.9 pet thefts per 100,000 people since 2017.
This was at a similar rate to Humberside in fourth with 41.1 and Northumbria in second with 61.5, but way behind the leader Devon and Cornwall, which had a massive 140.6 pet thefts per 100,000 people

New research has revealed that Lancashire has the third-highest rate of pet theft in the country.

Security firm ADT compiled data from police forces across the country to see where the most pets are stolen and which types of pets are most at risk.
Lancashire took third place with 52.9 pet thefts per 100,000 people since 2017.
This was at a similar rate to Humberside in fourth with 41.1 and Northumbria in second with 61.5, but way behind the leader Devon and Cornwall, which had a massive 140.6 pet thefts per 100,000 people

How many were stolen with their owners right there though?

My heart broke watching the ch5 documentary when PA was asking for all properties and garages etc to be searched. I was trying to imagine if one of my loved ones vanished without trace. I would want to know everything was being done, everywhere searched. It must be so devastatingly frustrating for him.

I think a lot of the potential witnesses that have been spotted (red jacket lady with dog and yellow jacket lady with pram) have come from private Ring doorbell cameras, and not CCTV.
And this is key IMO. LE have been certain since early in the investigation that NB did not leave the Riverside area. This could be down to multiple ring bell coverage at all exit routes and could also explain why there are no POI - because all of those captured on imagining have been identified.

How many were stolen with their owners right there though?
Mostly from homes from what I gather.
But if they target the area they don't care where they get them.. a small woman walking her dog in a secluded area would be an enticing target too. i could easily see an altercation taking place had somebody tried to take Willow and if they left having done whatever they may have done Willow would have become too hot to handle.
They're here in Ireland too, they're very efficient, very fast and very ugly people.

Seems to me that there are a fair number of posters almost willing it to be a criminal event, without the slightest bit of evidence
Also human nature IMO. People, including myself, just desperate to make some sense of something that seems almost incomprehensible. To imagine that one could just disappear simply without a trace is incredibly tragic and hard to imagine. Normal to try and make sense of it. Also the very nature of sleuthing to try and find answers. So difficult with such little evidence and lots of conflicting messages (eg PF flip flopping every day during his search, new leads etc).

According to Planning docs online if you search 'Marsh Farm Hall Garstang' , yes it is EW.
Po
Obviously they are not.
However they have told us what they have done. Are currently doing.
Massive work.
Incredible work.
The police had divers in that river that very afternoon.
Searches started immediately.
SAR teams were assembled with lightening speed..
1 km land search.
Hundreds of witnesses interviewed, 000's of hours of cctv, witnesses questioned... etc etc etc etc..

The police, like everybody else are answerable.
Their answers are good IMO.

I guess part of the problem is that pictures of swarms of people in wetsuits clambering in and out of the river are much more exciting than pictures of 40 officers sitting at desks looking at screens trying to follow up and cross reference and prioritise hundreds of snippets of information sent in by the
public.

We live in an image driven world. If we don't see it happening, it's not happening.

I realise now that from looking at the presumed route that NB took, that she was not walking by the road for very long until turning down to walk by the river.

<modsnip - quote post was removed>

I also don't feel that there has been any focus on NB as an individual in terms of being originally from the South, we were told she speaks with a Southern accent, but Channel 5 failed to include any footage of her voice, if she is being looked for this would have been useful. Her particular sector of employment requires staff to be intelligent, articulate and persuasive to encourage clients to agree to purchase costly long-term financial products. There has been very little description of her as an individual. On a final note, a generous life insurance policy would probably be part of her remuneration package. I'm sure the police are taking these factors into account, but it feels as if the media, as informed by NB's family and friends, are creating a tight focus on the day itself rather than the broader picture. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realise now that from looking at the presumed route that NB took, that she was not walking by the road for very long until turning down to walk by the river.

I read an interesting article last year about people who are missing. It referred to people going missing for all sorts of reasons and various possible reasons for doing so - tragic accident and never found/recovered (often drowning), going missing through choice and voluntarily by running away and starting a new life (stress, mental health, marriage breakdown, debt, extra marital affairs), situations where a crime has occurred, suicide, financial gain (like JD) and even cases where the MP has reappeared and returned with memory loss, some of whom have tried to sell their story. I am not suggesting that any of the above applies in this case. The most simplest and logical explanation often turns out to be what has happened and I do think the river is most likely. If this is the case then I pray that they find her.

Last edited:

I hope this was investigated early on and ruled out, otherwise 2 weeks later and they are only now being made aware of suspicious people around the village. If I was PA I would despair it took them that long to come forward with the CCTV.

Po

I guess part of the problem is that pictures of swarms of people in wetsuits clambering in and out of the river are much more exciting than pictures of 40 officers sitting at desks looking at screens trying to follow up and cross reference and prioritise hundreds of snippets of information sent in by the
public.

We live in an image driven world. If we don't see it happening, it's not happening.
Even when they do see it though , hundreds of people searching all day every day they will still deny it.
Give them a presser or and a printout and if they read it they will deny it.
Too old for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member