Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If walking remotely, it can be better to have an app that calls a designated phone number for police or your person of choice. I had one when there was a guy hiding in bushes on my walk doing sex acts. It sent my location by SMS and activated a call. I didn't have to dial it, I could shake the phone to activate. I forget which app it was. An alarm is perhaps more of a risk in a remote area.
Holly Guard app is what we use. It can be set to sound an alarm or operate in stealth mode silently. It will notify named contacts and send a pin drop of your location. It can also start recording.

An interesting article from the Metro from Nicola’s next door neighbour. So Nicola DID have her car keys with her. A description is given. Also confirmed that Willow would never have left Nicola’s side

It's really sad to think PA has probably released the information about the keys in response to the rumours that are circulating on social media. I get that he probably can't tear himself away from it, but it must be awful for him to see what people are writing. He shouldn't dignify any of it with a response, imo.

I’ve thought that too. It all seems confusing, Willow tied up/roaming free, phone on bench/initially (rumoured) to be on the floor. Don’t think media sensationalism has helped IMO. But whilst I think (some stretch) of the river accidentally/possible third party, I have thought concealed on that land somewhere and probably very well hidden.
One thing I’ve also been wondering…is initial reports linked to a ‘suspicious’ vehicle in Skippool car park but that all died down quite quickly…nothing? or something LP have asked to keep our if further media for a reason?
I know in many cases it takes a weeks/months for a body to be found in the water, as linked in one of my earlier posts, it just makes me wonder…
That was just before the first presser. I remember it well. we thought they had found something related to her. We saw footage of police in hazmat suits carrying evidence bags. We thought she had been found or that evidence of aserious crime against her had been found.
Then the news changed.
I do often think back to it, actually.

An interesting article from the Metro from Nicola’s next door neighbour. So Nicola DID have her car keys with her. A description is given. Also confirmed that Willow would never have left Nicola’s side
From link above.

The last time Charlotte saw Nicola was on the day she went missing.

‘Nicola was heading off to drop her kids at school and I saw the car going,’ she said. ‘Nothing looked strange at all.

According to Paul, they are ‘a Mercedes key with a couple of Mercedes keyrings on it, one black and one blue, a round wooden key ring with paw prints on it, and a couple of normal keys.’

‘They were definitely on Nikki at the time, a huge bunch of keys, a Mercedes keyring with paw prints which she would have put in her coat pocket,’ he told Metro.co.uk.

IMO that's because they're not investigating a crime, but a missing person, and do not appear to have strong evidence about whether it's because of a deliberate disappearance, an accident, or a crime. Even if a crime, what kind of crime?

Police cannot open an official homicide investigation unless they have actual evidence indicating a real homicide (not an imaginery one), has occurred.
Again, Claudia Lawrence case was investigated as a missing person for a few weeks and then it switched to a crime presumed murder.

I do hope that police have not lost a few weeks of search time. Sao much can happen in this period.

This point is worth clarifying, but I'd imagine given they've been together 12 (?) years and have two children and (possibly?) joint accounts, PA would qualify as common-law spouse. I doubt the police would object to him filing such a request over NB's parents. Anyone in the know about these things is welcome to comment, however.
It states underneath that: “If none of these apply, you’ll need to prove to the court that you have enough of a connection to the missing person (‘sufficient interest’)” so yes, I would assume if he could prove ‘insurable interest’ i.e joint finances/mortgage etc.
My point was more the time period - 7 years - is a long time to wait for a payout under a life insurance claim for a missing person. IF the reason for disappearance was financially motivated, as had been suggested by some posters in the thread.

This point is worth clarifying, but I'd imagine given they've been together 12 (?) years and have two children and (possibly?) joint accounts, PA would qualify as common-law spouse. I doubt the police would object to him filing such a request over NB's parents. Anyone in the know about these things is welcome to comment, however.
In the UK there's no such thing as common-law marriage, no matter how long an unmarried couple have been together. Unless they draw up formal legal documents, they are just cohabiting.

Of course she would have her car keys with her. How else would she drive the car if her partner stayed at home.

sounds like a link worth re-finding
"A man then came through behind her with his dog and spotted the phone."

"The gent has looked on the floor and two feet from the bench there’s a phone," she said.

"I think she’s either been faffing about at the edge of the river because the dog’s been smelling fishing bait and she’s slipped or she’s had a medical episode."

If the article about sewage in the village is accurate, the river in the area hasn't been dredged properly for about 30 years. There's no telling how deep the silt is. It definitely increases the possibility that Nicola could, sadly, be trapped in a dark corner not far from where she went missing, despite all the searches that have been done.

It states underneath that: “If none of these apply, you’ll need to prove to the court that you have enough of a connection to the missing person (‘sufficient interest’)” so yes, I would assume if he could prove ‘insurable interest’ i.e joint finances/mortgage etc.
My point was more the time period - 7 years - is a long time to wait for a payout under a life insurance claim for a missing person. IF the reason for disappearance was financially motivated, as had been suggested by some posters in the thread.
Claudias Law comes to dependants rescue now. They don't have to wait 7 years.

There had been reports of the keys being left in the car so this clears that up.
Yes, but does it make any difference?
If they were found in the river there would be those who'd say it was another decoy rather than supportive evidence of her having fallen in.

Wasn't it mentioned in an article that mentioned Willow running to and fro agitated from the bench to the river's edge? Or do I have that wrong?
I remember that being said but don't recall the context. Was that reported by a witness or was it discovered when the scene was first visited after the report to the school? Do we know if the 9.33am witness mentioned the dog or just the phone?

Yes, but does it make any difference?
If they were found in the river there would be those who'd say it was another decoy
No it doesn't. The neighbour saw NB leave the house with the keys.

NBs friend went to a different school so she would not know if keys were left in car once parked up at school, however, this would be unlikely.

If the article about sewage in the village is accurate, the river in the area hasn't been dredged properly for about 30 years. There's no telling how deep the silt is. It definitely increases the possibility that Nicola could, sadly, be trapped in a dark corner not far from where she went missing, despite all the searches that have been done.
and side scanners are about as useful in that level of silt as a bicycle is to a fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1