Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a theory, probably very easily debunkable by the police and the good people on WS, but I thought I’d post it anyway.

I saw someone further up say the river was only actually about 3ft deep where they think she went in. I don’t know how true that is, but what if she did climb or fall into the river and was fine, but there was some kind of surge that knocked her off her feet? My thinking is possibly from nearby Garstang Sewage Treatment Works.

I checked local news and The Rivers Trust website and this has been an issue - it happened 186 times in 2021 - but possibly only after heavy rain.

So I don’t know if they did discharge into the river that morning, or if they did whether it would even be enough to knock somebody over who was in the river, but I thought it could be an explanation of how she might have got swept away.

I’m not saying it happened, but I’m not sure it’s crazier than some other theories I’ve seen on here.

Where did he fall in and where was he found?

Interesting that he was found a few days later without sonar.

I don't know, didn't say on the bits I read but he was an angler from Garstang and the 15mile search area covered St Michaels so likely nearby (I don't have a BNA subscription at the moment so can't read full articles unimpeded, only piecemeal)

I have a theory, probably very easily debunkable by the police and the good people on WS, but I thought I’d post it anyway.

I saw someone further up say the river was only actually about 3ft deep where they think she went in. I don’t know how true that is, but what if she did climb or fall into the river and was fine, but there was some kind of surge that knocked her off her feet? My thinking is possibly from nearby Garstang Sewage Treatment Works.

I checked local news and The Rivers Trust website and this has been an issue - it happened 186 times in 2021 - but possibly only after heavy rain.

So I don’t know if they did discharge into the river that morning, or if they did whether it would even be enough to knock somebody over who was in the river, but I thought it could be an explanation of how she might have got swept away.

I’m not saying it happened, but I’m not sure it’s crazier than some other theories I’ve seen on here.

4.......METRES.....DEEP...... :cool:

I am still a bit fixed on the dog being dry. I think it has importance. The dog is wet in all the photos I’ve seen of her, but this particular day of the incident the dog was found dry. I said previously that I think this means that NB and the dog didn’t get to the beach area of the upper field where the dog would splash about, or did they avoid it as someone was there (would only be able to see this at the last minute as it’s in a dip).
The harness being off the dog would likely indicate NB’s intent upon entering the fields for the dog to do what it usually does, run about and get wet, yet the dog was dry when found.
If this isn’t a case of misadventure/ falling in the river, then I would consider that something happened at the area in the upper field near where she was last seen, near Rowan Water and properties, a little away from the beach area or else the dog would be wet. Jmo. She would have been in her Teams meeting at the time she was there.
The dog being found some distance away (by the gate/bench in the lower field) doesn’t necessarily mean that that’s where something happened - my dog would try to run back in the direction of other loved ones to alert them and would get stuck at the first blockage, in this instance the gate.
That doesn’t explain the phone or harness positions, but there again, if a third party is involved, placement of these is a possibility. Jmo. I wonder if the witness who saw her earlier in lower field when the dogs interacted remembers if the dog's harness was present. Maybe NB usually leaves it by the bench rather than carry it around the circuit. The dog could have ran away with the phone and brought it to the bench area.
Apart from certain areas not covered by CCTV, such as the metal bridge (entrance/exit onto Garstang Road not far from the Church), is it the Rowan Water gated complex of lodges area that has the broken CCTV? There are a few car parking spaces there in a quiet spot just the other side of the fence from the upper field.
I’d like to think everywhere in the immediate area has been thoroughly searched, yet only a few days ago Superintendent Sally Riley said: ”Because there is no criminal element yet identified, and we don’t expect there to be in this enquiry, then we are not starting to go into houses because that’s not where the enquiry is leading us”

Where's Equusearch when you need them!!!

ETA: I must have exceeded my views because it's behind the paywall for me.

I will summarise.

PF says he's prepared to investigate privately and has been in discussion with the family, the family want other area's searched.
He won't interfere with the Police op, he's has had Police officers phoning and agreeing with him that things don't add up and are odd.
It was her routine walk. Her fitbit shows that she doesn't go near the water, she was always careful not to go near the river.
LE is now investigating the day before NB went missing, and want CCTV from a local garage.
LE has also been made aware of two men acting suspiciously the day before, on the route where she disappeared.

Last edited:
PF offering to search inland for family. From The Telegraph. Paywall doesn't appear to be applicable for this article.

Good catch. Wonder what LE will make of that? Good luck with him not interfering. That guy wouldn't know a boundary if one bit him on the nose.

I will summarise.

PF says he's prepared to investigate privately and has been in discussion with the family, the family want other area's searched.
He won't interfere with the Police op, he's has had Police officers phoning and agreeing with him that things don't add up and are odd.
Her fitbit showed that she didn't go near the water, she was always careful not to go near the river.
LE is now investigating the day before NB went missing, and want CCTV from a local garage.
LE has also been made aware of two men acting suspiciously the day before, on the route where she disappeared.
Thank you! Much appreciated.

There are a lot of posts saying how deep the water was where she may or may not have gone in.

Prove that the water was high on that day and at that time?

"He [Peter Faulding] shows me a picture on his mobile phone of how shallow the water is at the spot where Nicola’s mobile phone was left, and where the police believe she might have entered the river.

‘It’s even more shallow now but on the day it would have been around two feet deep, if she slipped she would have gone in and hit rock very quickly and been up to her thigh, that’s all,’ he says. ‘This is not drowning territory.’

He also disagrees with the suggestion that she might have hit her head on a rock and lost consciousness, and that her body could have been washed round the river bend to the nearby weir...."

Heres the same chap, Peter Faulding, saying that it's 3.5 metres to 4 metres deep in the middle.

I apologize if this has been discussed, but have they taken the dog back to the trail and let it off leash to see where it goes? My dog would follow the trail to where I last was to look for me. I just wonder if the dog would go to the River, or stay by the gate?

I apologize if this has been discussed, but have they taken the dog back to the trail and let it off leash to see where it goes? My dog would follow the trail to where I last was to look for me. I just wonder if the dog would go to the River, or stay by the gate?
Yes Paul said in his interview he took him the next day, but Willow was just business as usual, excited and wanting to run and play.

PA said in his TV interview that he took Willow there but there was no particular reaction.

Yes.

Yes - covered in PA interview.
Extract from transcript:
Paul - I know, I know and that's another layer of frustration and hell to it. It's a hellish situation with the layer of hell that not knowing what's happened, yet, and then also having Willow who probably does know what happened, but she can't tell is, can she? She's a very sensitive dog. I did take her back there first thing on the Saturday.

Walker - The next day?

Paul - The next day, yeah I took her back there first thing.

Walker - How did she react to that then?

Paul - Well obviously I was praying and hoping that once we got to the gate that she would do something different.

Walker - Take you somewhere?

Paul - Yeah, yeah, just give some sign of some kind, but she.. bless her, she just went through the gate like any other normal day and ran into the field and looked at me excited that she was there for a walk. I was saying to her 'where's mummy, where's mummy'. She was just looking at me like, you know, 'let's go for a walk'.

Transcript here: UK - UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #10

"Police have returned to properties in St Michael's on Wyre, Lancashire for the fourth time as family and friends continue to share heartbreaking appeals for the safe return of the mother-of-two."

Question - can you or anyone link to a drowning where someone was found circa 11 miles down the river 2 weeks later.

Because bodies don’t generally seem to make that kind of progress even in large fast-flowing tidal rivers.
yes members have mentioned a lot over the last few threads - some were months too, you could use the search button on WS if you missed those links
I don't have those links at my fingertips right now

Good catch. Wonder what LE will make of that? Good luck with him not interfering. That guy wouldn't know a boundary if one bit him on the nose.

also notice this line:'Her fitbit shows that she doesn't go near the water, she was always careful not to go near the river.'

and recall that we've had long-time Strava users on WS uploading their own records, patiently explaining that Strava is not able to accurately represent users movements at all times & locations. ( ie Fitbit records can't be relied on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place