Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It tells us nothing for certain. We don't know that every single Springer would go into this stretch of water in every circumstance. And if NB did go into the water, we don't know that Willow saw it happen anyway - she may have been wandering around confused as to where NB was. And the widely-accepted view that Willow was dry so couldn't have gone into the water is based on the evidence of one witness, so we can't even be sure that it's accurate. That's a lot of uncertainty.

At the same time, there is - as yet - no evidence whatsoever that NB was attacked or abducted. So we have three potential scenarios: 1) NB either fell or was pushed into the water and drowned, and her body moved very quickly downstream, which at least one expert has said is highly implausible given depth/flow of the river; 2) NB was abducted in an extremely well-planned and efficient operation that has so far yielded no evidence; or 3) NB was attacked at the scene and hidden elsewhere in a way that has so far yielded no evidence.

I understand why the police are still leaning towards 1) because in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, it remains the most plausible scenario. This could of course change if they discover evidence for one of the other two scenarios, but they don't seem to have found any yet.
The police are leaning heavily towards 1. There is also no evidence of a river falling either. As I have said before, if there was no river, where would they be leaning?

More about the two hooded characters in the area the day before NB went missing:

The witness, who did not want to be named, said the men were "carrying fishing rods" and "were trying to hide their faces". “It was very strange. It made me uneasy," the witness told The Sun.

The two men were spotted at around 7.45am on the day before Ms Bulley vanished. The witness said "they could just have been two normal fishermen" but "they seemed to want to hide their faces, which struck me as odd".

From The Independent this morning, although they seem to be referencing The Sun as the source.
At that time in the morning it would be cold, so I'm not surprised that they had their hoods up.

I'm not sure why two fishermen seen near a river would look suspicious. I guess since they were seen the day before, the assumption is that they must have returned to that location the next day to kidnap Nicola?

Because they looked like they were trying to hide their faces? In what way, I wonder? Were they wearing scarves?
The person who saw them said they were not carrying 'gear' and were wearing hoodies concealing their faces. Weather that morning was fairly mild and not raining. My husband is a fisherman and believe me they generally cart a fair bit of gear to the waterside, ie. backpack, trolley, chair, umbrella, rod bag, etc. The witness mentioned he had seen them on two consecutive days, not before or since. Hopefully some CCTV will emerge which confirms their presence and movements

The whole part about the keys not being found and the river being scanned in so much detail - just makes me wonder why the investigation is being treated the way it is.
Zipped/fastened pocket and they're with the body? And the body is in area that hasn't be sonar scanned
Is that a possibility do you think?

The police are leaning heavily towards 1. There is also no evidence of a river falling either. As I have said before, if there was no river, where would they be leaning?
If there was no river, she might well be still enjoying her daily routine and this discussion wouldn't be taking place.

I am sure LE are looking into red van and "fishermen". Police were quick to release CCTV of red coat woman and yellow coat woman asking them to come forward. Even if police don't have CCTV of the 2 "fishermen" they could put out an appeal for the two men to come forward. Maybe they have already been eliminated. Maybe red van has too. Its frustrating but we don't get to hear everything that happens.
It was reported that officers had returned to the garage to get CCTV record for the day before, the day these 'suspicious fishermen' were about, so its probably all in hand

The person who saw them said they were not carrying 'gear' and were wearing hoodies concealing their faces. Weather that morning was fairly mild and not raining. My husband is a fisherman and believe me they generally cart a fair bit of gear to the waterside, ie. backpack, trolley, chair, umbrella, rod bag, etc. The witness mentioned he had seen them on two consecutive days, not before or since. Hopefully some CCTV will emerge which confirms their presence and movements
The "fishermen" being about in the locality of NB's disappearance has been in most newspapers and social media. If I was one of those men I would be getting in touch with police very quickly to let them know and to be eliminated. The longer it's left with nobody coming forward to say its them the more suspicious it will be. However they could already have come forward and been eliminated.The other two witnesses red coat and yellow coat came forward very quickly but then police and no doubt locals would have known who they were and easily traced if they hadn't come forward.

The "fishermen" being about in the locality of NB's disappearance has been in most newspapers and social media. If I was one of those men I would be getting in touch with police very quickly to let them know and to be eliminated. The longer it's left with nobody coming forward to say its them the more suspicious it will be. However they could already have come forward and been eliminated.The other two witnesses red coat and yellow coat came forward very quickly but then police and no doubt locals would have known who they were and easily traced if they hadn't come forward.
If they had no equipment why did they think they were fishermen?

If there was no river then this case would be very different.

Major land search operations and police leaning towards abduction/attack.

Yes absolutely, assuming the witness is sure about what he has seen and if these 'fishermen' are local to the area it's difficult to imagine they don't have knowledge of what's been occurring there these past two and a half weeks. If they're not locals then with all the publicity they would know they had been in that area in the last couple of weeks. I'm a little surprised no one else has mentioned a sighting. I don't know the area but it doesn't sound like we're talking sleepyville with tumbleweed rolling through the streets. Lots of cut through traffic and school runs at that time of day

Zipped/fastened pocket and they're with the body? And the body is in area that hasn't be sonar scanned
Is that a possibility do you think?
I imagine bodies can get well hidden in rivers, especially wearing large dark fairly shapeless coats. Considering she must have had keys, jewelery etc, wonder if they do any metal detecting in the river.

Is anyone else quite surprised that nothing has been found yet? I thought this would be something that was solved easily/quickly regardless of the outcome.

But then you’ve got cases like leah croucher (GRHS) who was hidden in plain sight near enough right next to where she was last seen for what, 3 years?
It doesn't surprise me. It’s still early on in the investigation. And yes, bodies are sometimes missed even when searched for extensively. The body of 5 year old Lizzy Shelly was found in the same area police and search dogs 'missed' days earlier.

In this case it's also possible that Nicola's body is in a location they have already searched.

Police can only search for so long. I think two or three weeks is the typical amount of time. But if they believe she could be in the water, I hope they are able to continue.

If she's not found, they will keep investigating, and we may not hear anything new for awhile. I hope that doesn't happen, though. Her family needs closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member