Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes absolutely, assuming the witness is sure about what he has seen and if these 'fishermen' are local to the area it's difficult to imagine they don't have knowledge of what's been occurring there these past two and a half weeks. If they're not locals then with all the publicity they would know they had been in that area in the last couple of weeks. I'm a little surprised no one else has mentioned a sighting. I don't know the area but it doesn't sound like we're talking sleepyville with tumbleweed rolling through the streets. Lots of cut through traffic and school runs at that time of day
If they weren't there on the 27th there wouldn't be any sightings.
The information has only recently appeared in the media so there's no reason why these people would have come forward before it was reported

I imagine bodies can get well hidden in rivers, especially wearing large dark fairly shapeless coats. Considering she must have had keys, jewelery etc, wonder if they do any metal detecting in the river.
I don't know about river bed metal detecting and while everyone is different, living in the countryside & walking our dog, I'd never carry my keys in my hand or even in a pocket without a fastener just because when I've lost stuff in the vegetation before, I've never heard it fall and I know how hard it is to re-find them.

(Different story when you're dog walking in town- can hear the fall onto the pavement and just pick it back up.)

Is anyone else quite surprised that nothing has been found yet? I thought this would be something that was solved easily/quickly regardless of the outcome.

But then you’ve got cases like leah croucher (GRHS) who was hidden in plain sight near enough right next to where she was last seen for what, 3 years?

Was she found in plain sight? Just cause I vaguely recall from previous Websleuth's threads she was found hidden in somebody's loft but that could be wrong....?

Was she found in plain sight? Just cause I vaguely recall from previous Websleuth's threads she was found hidden in somebody's loft
Leah was in the attic of an unoccupied house for 3 years. The owner lived abroad so employed a handyman to look after the property who killed Leah and left her body in the attic. About 3 weeks later he killed himself. It was only when a new worker went into the property much later that Leahs possessions were found and police were called and her remains were discovered in the attic. As nobody had entered the house she had not been discovered. Apparently police knocked on the house door in a house to house call but just left a card for someone to get back in touch but of course nobody ever did. So she was very close to where last seen but not in plain view as in the attic in a house nobody entered.

Interesting title to the link too

'Immediately after Jimmy Savile's death in October 2011, Jones and his colleague Liz MacKean began an investigation for Newsnight into Savile's apparent history of abuse and that he had been a paedophile.'

On 3 October 2012, Williams-Thomas presented the Exposure documentary The Other Side of Jimmy Savile on ITV

JMO but thinking back to multiple other missing person cases that have made national headlines, it does seem that LE conducting NB’s case are more than usually reluctant to give out information. Perhaps they just don’t have anything further, but the fact that it fell to others and not LE to give out info re keys, red van, etc. does seem a little strange. MOO

Leah was in the attic of an unoccupied house for 3 years. The owner lived abroad so employed a handyman to look after the property who killed Leah and left her body in the attic. About 3 weeks later he killed himself. It was only when a new worker went into the property much later that Leahs possessions were found and police were called and her remains were discovered in the attic. As nobody had entered the house she had not been discovered. Apparently police knocked on the house door in a house to house call but just left a card for someone to get back in touch but of course nobody ever did. So she was very close to where last seen but not in plain view as in the attic in a house nobody entered.

Thanks for the details

Also links back to the difficulties with the WS discussion on this case about eliminating homes without search warrants but on an invite-only basis ?
( The suggested village-wide search of every home in St Michaels on Wyre - magistrate can't sign off the SW unless reasonable evidence etc)

Last edited:
Interesting title to the link too

'Immediately after Jimmy Savile's death in October 2011, Jones and his colleague Liz MacKean began an investigation for Newsnight into Savile's apparent history of abuse and that he had been a paedophile.'

On 3 October 2012, Williams-Thomas presented the Exposure documentary The Other Side of Jimmy Savile on ITV
I am wondering if this is going to turn into the same sort of circus as the Petito/Laundrie case.

If they weren't there on the 27th there wouldn't be any sightings.
The information has only recently appeared in the media so there's no reason why these people would have come forward before it was reported
Only recently publicly announced in the MSM, this information has been in the social domain a couple of weeks. I saw and read it myself

The police are leaning heavily towards 1. There is also no evidence of a river falling either. As I have said before, if there was no river, where would they be leaning?
They don't need evidence to make a reasonable assumption that someone who disappeared near the water could have fallen in. Bodies of water are searched when any person goes missing.

If they had found evidence of foul play that led them to believe she could have been taken from the scene, they wouldn't be looking in the river, imo.

It would be irresponsible if police did not put all their effort into searching the water.

When someone disappears on a hike in the mountains, they would search the closest mountains, as well as every nearby body of water. They wouldn't need 'evidence' to figure out that the missing person could be in the water in order to search it.

If I thought there was a chance my loved one drowned in a river, I would want them to search thoroughly.

They don't need evidence to make a reasonable assumption that someone who disappeared near the water could have fallen in. Bodies of water are searched when any person goes missing.

If they had found evidence of foul play that led them to believe she could have been taken from the scene, they wouldn't be looking in the river, imo.

It would be irresponsible if police did not put all their effort into searching the water.

When someone disappears on a hike in the mountains, they would search the closest mountains, as well as every nearby body of water. They wouldn't need 'evidence' to figure out that the missing person could be in the water in order to search it.

If I thought there was a chance my loved one drowned in a river, I would want them to search thoroughly.
and if they hadn't put meaningful effort and adequate resources into the river-based searches ( but the body was later found, eg late Feb, washed-up) imagine the hullabaloo... and probably litigation.

Last edited:
I do hope that the Police shift their focus away from the river as no trace of NB has been found there or will be found there. I simply do not believe that NB could have fallen in, been drowned and swept out to sea. The answer to what happened to NB, and where she is now, lies within the village. That should be their focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member