Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of these were mentioned in the police appeal - just a necklace & a fitbit.
I thought the police might put out a description of the necklace NB was wearing as it's something which could be torn off by a branch or other debris in the river or come off during a confrontation but they just said necklace no description.

Tbh I would be frustrated until she was found - by anyone. He is mad with grief as anyone would be.

It’s hard isn’t it because I understand that it seems ridiculous the police need search warrants when people would let them look, but where would that stand legally in court if anything were found. Same way a surgeon isn’t allowed to speed to get to a dying patient etc. still subject to the law and “red tape”.

Then there’s what is realistic - eg in the Charlie Gard medical case (RIP) his mum kept talking to the media to criticise the pros too when they were utter utter experts, and she wanted things that didn’t exist like brain transplants, so grief really is irrational.

I kind of think in both these situations the media are really naughty exploiting grieving relatives for headlines.

I know they want the publicity but at same time can’t be healthy going through such raw emotions in the public eye.

All JMO.
It might be just your opinion but I can absolutely concur it is also mine... I think that some aspects of the internet are becoming utterly ghoulish with this case. I recall after the Rachel Nickell case many years ago (the mother who was stabbed whilst walking with her tiny son) that as time went on if my memory serves me well the Father took the son and they moved I think, to France to completely escape any media attention. I applaud that Father for taking what I think was a very very wise decision. I am also (although they are being apparently released by the family) very worried by family pictures being displayed on social media clearly identifying the faces of Nicola's two young daughters. Personally if I was a senior member of that family I would be doing my utmost to stop any images of those little girls coming into the public domain.
ETA: I may well be wrong here but I think on the general news I do think that the coverage is perhaps starting to slip away. JMO

Last edited:
Thank you for this. I wonder what factors made them conclude 'gone missing' as opposed to a crime?

I keep wondering also did NB have about her person a wallet, purse, cash, or cards, that one wouldn't want to leave in the car or was she wearing any type of expensive jewellery? Maybe even just an engagement ring and wedding ring could be enough valuables to spur on some criminals?

Maybe because in the three or four days before the tabloids went hysterical on it, a thorough search was carried out and no evidence of a crime was found.

Why would she have cash, cards, wallet or purse if she was only going to drop the kids off, walk the dog and be home in an hour or so?

She isn't married so why wear a ring?

Any thoughts on why PA or LE or Emma haven't released videos of NB? If I wanted someone found I would be releasing everything to show the way she talks...walks...mannerisms etc. All I have seen is that short sledge clip...

They were immediately looking for a whole missing person, not blood or hairs.
If there were a crime scene, it would be the whole area, and abduction or murder would not necessarily involve any evidence being left.

I was asked specifically about the bench so I replied about the bench. I referred to a search of the whole area in previous posts.

Apologies then, I thought you were implying that doctors, nurses and police were subpar and not as effective as portrayed on television.
But this is true for a lot of law enforcement. IMO

Last edited:
2 people arrested for malicious communication regarding nb (sky news) no idea how to put a link

Just another thought... Strange I know but its just come to me but I'm beginning to wonder if this extremely high level and saturation of social media coverage by which I mean Facebook, Twitter and TikTok has actually "HAMPERED" this investigation.
I would imagine it has, from the amount of people making comments about basic things that the police routinely do (check phone records, apps, financial records, CCTV etc) saying the police should do these things, then if people have been phoning to pass on this 'information' (which is useless) then it will have diverted at least some resources and time. Each call will have been logged and paperwork generated, this would need to be reviewed to see what is relevant, I would imagine they have had to shift through a lot a rubbish.

Maybe because in the three or four days before the tabloids went hysterical on it, a thorough search was carried out and no evidence of a crime was found.

Why would she have cash, cards, wallet or purse if she was only going to drop the kids off, walk the dog and be home in an hour or so?

She isn't married so why wear a ring?
I wouldn't go anywhere much without my wallet. She drove to school so she might have her wallet/purse if she intended to fill up with petrol, stop off for groceries, in case she broke down and needed her AA card (hypothetical) etc. I think it's odd nothing's been said about missing personal effects (assuming it hasn't - there's been so much information to keep up with), and these are the kinds of things that might have been found in the river even if her body had travelled downstream of the search area, but haven't, which is (well, may be) noteworthy.

Personally, I think when someone goes missing, apparently unexpectedly, the possibility of a crime should remain uppermost even while other avenues are being explored, because the window of opportunity for evidence-gathering begins to close almost immediately.

JMO

The police from day 1 have believed it was an accidental drowning and focused on that part of the river. If at 9.20 she put the phone on the bench and 9.33 the dog was found on its own then there's a 13 minute window for the accident. If the person didn't see her in the water at 9.33 then she must have drowned somewhere else. Note assuming here the water is 2 feet deep and slow moving which experts have indicated to be the case

Well it’s 2 ft ^at the sides^ it would be deeper in the middle and in “deep hole”.

I wouldn't go anywhere much without my wallet. She drove to school so she might have her wallet/purse if she intended to fill up with petrol, stop off for groceries, in case she broke down and needed her AA card (hypothetical) etc. I think it's odd nothing's been said about missing personal effects (assuming it hasn't - there's been so much information to keep up with), and these are the kinds of things that might have been found in the river even if her body had travelled downstream of the search area, but haven't, which is (well, may be) noteworthy.

Personally, I think when someone goes missing, apparently unexpectedly, the possibility of a crime should remain uppermost even while other avenues are being explored, because the window of opportunity for evidence-gathering begins to close almost immediately.

JMO

Youd think the contents of her pockets would spill out when she ”fell” from the bank into the water.

Who was it that said to look at the Wyre waterways plans? I didn’t get very far except there was one overflow/flooding outlet or something which there was a dispute over whether it should be serviced by the water company or the local business.
Has anyone looked into this?
I was looking for the Blay Brook tunnel I’d seen mentioned somewhere by a local (I think on SM) and was trying to find out more. Didn’t find anything which proved its existence but did find Blay Brook.
If there are underground tunnels in the area

The police from day 1 have believed it was an accidental drowning and focused on that part of the river. If at 9.20 she put the phone on the bench and 9.33 the dog was found on its own then there's a 13 minute window for the accident. If the person didn't see her in the water at 9.33 then she must have drowned somewhere else. Note assuming here the water is 2 feet deep and slow moving which experts have indicated to be the case

Two if's and one assumption in there, not solid enough to go on. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member