Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately they may have concluded the chances of her being found are so low it's OK to say stuff :(

I feel quite strongly to say that just because someone was struggling with the menopause and drinking too much, it doesn't mean she took her own life. It just means that she was struggling and the people around her may have been aware, some may have found it difficult to cope with - that puts her at risk of all forms of tragic events or actions unfolding including being involved in a fatal dispute or fatal event that has nothing to do with suicide.
Agree. It doesn't mean that and I guess this is another reason why they haven't speculated on suicide and preferred - when asked by reporters in earlier conferences - to say it may have been accidental.

Personally though I also wonder now, if the Jan 10th visit may also have included references to self-harm or suicide.
Also now I can appreciate even more why PA panicked ( In his C5 interview)

After this evening’s developments I think this now gives a realistic hope that Nicola will be still alive somewhere & I quoted the comment made right in the beginning by her close friend EW that she may of taken herself away to have some time on her own…

Also explains the approach by the LE to not waste too much, time, money & effort on the investigation when they knew what we do now

I really hope she's disappeared of her own volition as that means she's alive and maybe urgently needed to get away from her life which could be a really powerful thing

That's a shame
MH conditions are so common. Addictions are so common. It's 2023 not 1975 - shouldn't be such a stigma these days.
I think they were meaning if someone was already struggling thinking about coming back to a media circus might seem unbearable.

Of course there shouldn’t be a stigma. Empathetically thinking about it from the eyes of someone in that situation you can just imagine it would make it seem even harder to go back with so much attention and info out. All JMO.

^There you go. Prime example of why people are hesitant to speak on their mental health.

If it was a physical medical issue would that have been ok for the police to mention
I would suspect that very few people knew she was an alcoholic, what benefit is there to releasing this information? The kids most likely didnt know but they will now.

I don't think the police should have went into specific details on her health issues - physical or mental. That is a private matter for her family.

There is no shame to her having issues but I just don't think the general public needed to be aware of specifics and feel even more sorry for her family and kids that it has been broadcast.

If Nicola had wanted to speak about her issues then she could have done si herself however this decision was made without her consent, that is what I disagree with

Was it absolutely necessary for Lancs Police to reveal this level of information - particularly "significant issues with alcohol"? Why couldn't they have said that she had some ongoing health issues that made her vulnerable and explained why she was immediately treated as a high risk misper?

It feels a little like Lancs Police have released this informaton to justify their actions and the criticism of their investigation (which was referred to at the start of the press conference this afternoon).

"Sadly, it is clear from speaking to Paul and the family that Nicola had in the past suffered with some significant issues with alcohol which were brought on by her ongoing struggles with the menopause and that these struggles had resurfaced over recent months.

This caused some real challenges for Paul and the family.It is an unusual step for us to take to go into this level of detail about someone’s private life, but we felt it was important to clarify what we meant when we talked about vulnerabilities to avoid any further speculation or misinterpretation.

We have explained to Nicola’s family why we have released this further information and we would ask that their privacy is respected at this difficult time."

Which would prove only that they visited the property. Broadcasting to the world she's an alcoholic and has hormonal issues - based solely on the word of her partner - would open Lancs up (if she were alive) to damages claims when NB can no longer find employment because of the stigma. JMO.
I would be very interested to hear what the grandparents have to say about the 'alcoholic' and 'menopause' issues.

Which would prove only that they visited the property. Broadcasting to the world she's an alcohol and has hormonal issues - based solely on the word of her partner - would open Lancs up (if she were alive) to damages claims when NB can no longer find employment because of the stigma. JMO.
I disagree.

It was a concern for welfare call (attended by both police and medical personnel) so its hardly on the word of PA alone. The police must be confident of the truth of their statement, consulting with other agencies - they wouldn't proceed on the word of PA alone.

A few people have mentioned how PA is on record saying that they're a normal, happy family. Usual ups and downs. That now seems untethered to how things probably were, at least for some of the time.

I find that so incredibly poignant now. How many times have the partners of people struggling with alcohol related issues had to put on a face for the world, and repeat how 'everything is fine, thanks.' PA did this in the most excruciating circumstances. I felt incredibly sorry for him before, but my goodness, this is harrowing.

I think they were meaning if someone was already struggling thinking about coming back to a media circus might seem unbearable.

Of course there shouldn’t be a stigma. Empathetically thinking about it from the eyes of someone in that situation you can just imagine it would make it seem even harder to go back with so much attention and info out. All JMO.

yes I know but pretty sad state of affairs though isn't it?

( Even if members/ people on social media have never suffered from MH or addiction issues themselves, they surely must have friends of family who have? Just statistics )
and I think the media circus has been here since 30th Jan ( I can't know NB's own mind or whether she would've thought it was more of a stigma for the public to know this, or be more embarrassed with ' public figures' openly saying on morning TV that she may have run off with a lover & left her kids

Last edited:
I’m struggling to understand why the police has released this information?

My only guess is that the press had hold of it and were going to report it and they thought it was better for it to be released by the police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cnc1967