Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PF searched upstream and down past the weir, perhaps he would have focused more on further downstream had he known but he said the police were extensively searching it themselves. Respect his efforts but not sure why he feels the need to give running commentary on this case now
It really is annoying that PF continues to speak to the media about this case! I stopped listening or reading anything he had to say early on, like after the first day he came forward lol, as he is not part of the official case and lacks all the information LE has! I would suggest the media quit promoting him.

Not exactly sure what you’re implying, but IMO there is likely a raft of GP records confirming menopause, blood tests etc
The menopause happens. People can be alcoholic. Being an alcoholic because of the menopause isn't the only reason why it happens. Having alcohol issues doesn't mean being an alcoholic. And not being there to speak up for yourself ties in with all of the above.

'Nicola Bulley was considered a high-risk missing person from the start of the investigation into her disappearance, police have said.
The 45-year-old went missing on 27 January during a riverside dog walk in St Michael's on Wyre in Lancashire.
Det Supt Rebecca Smith said she was listed as high risk because of a "number of specific vulnerabilities".
But she added this was "normal in a missing person investigation with the information we were in possession of".
According to the College of Policing, the category is applied when the risk of a person coming to serious harm is assessed as very likely.'
Yes and quite a few us uploaded the CoP screenshots on 'high risk' & were trying to ascertain whether it was NB who was categorised in this way or proximity to the river

All the massive search resources early on, all makes sense now

With regard to Willow, it's important to remember that she wasn't left next to the M1, she was in an area she knew well in a village where Nicola and her family are well known, where they walked the dog daily, possibly more than once. If Nicola went missing etc voluntarily and had the capacity to consider the risk around willow she would have considered that Willow would likely be found and back safely at home in a short period of time.
Possible but if she had decided to end it all or to walk away from her life I still can’t see why she wouldn’t tie Willow to the bench waiting to be found? A loose dog is capable of anything including trying to find its way home and she was next to a river too.

Of course we don’t know how impaired her state of mind was that morning but would she end it all so close to where her children go to school?

If she decided to walk away how would she have organised that in a little village with no apparent transport unless someone helped her to walk away?

and if it is NB that the Lancashire Police are investigating, then, that could possibly have been a massive worry for her on top of everything else? MOO
We obviously don’t know the full details as of yet, but it certainly proved too much for poor Caroline Flack.

This is just such a desperately sad case and I pray for the family that they get closure soon.

I'm not sure how to articulate the following and don't want to jump to conclusions at all. However, my ex was a paramedic, and this has all reminded me of a conversation we had not that long ago.

According to them, there is a known phenomenon amongst the emergency services that certain vulnerable people are very often drawn towards bodies of water - he specifically cited intoxicated people and autistic children. This stuck out to me vividly because I have had issues with drinking in the past, and having lived in a city with a river running through it, was found on two occasions by strangers, when I was intoxicated, right at the water's edge. Thank god they were there. I couldn't tell you what drew me to the water's edge those nights, but when my ex told me this years later it really stuck with me, and I can't help but think of it now.

I wish I could remember more of what they said about this. He specifically used the word 'phenomenon', as if it was repeated and well-known but perhaps still not understood behaviour. Perhaps others have heard of this? I don't want to insinuate Nicola was intoxicated at the time either and this is JMO MOO of course, but it just struck me having heard this new information.

It's moving along faster than I can keep up this thread, now.

I am fairly firmly of the opinion that the previous evening's activities are somehow connected to her disappearance. I am not sure what came first - the meeting with her boss or the zoom call that her Dad said she was expecting, but I think the meeting was first and the zoom later. Timings for each or either of these events are unclear to me and I have not even seen any confirmation that there actually was a zoom meeting.

I have had a nagging feeling that the meeting with her boss may not have been positive for her (she may even have been anticipating it) and she may have wanted to dwell on things on her own so possibly fabricated the zoom call to mitigate being back later. However I would assume that the police have ascertained that by looking at her laptop/tablet/phone or whatever device she would use for the zoom. Indeed, this may be contributing to their theories.

I then move on to the next morning in my mind. If she had had a restless or sleepless night she may well have got up and about earlier than usual hence the morning, in PA's words' being less rushed than usual. The morning progresses and she makes her way to the fields and bench and what follows remains unknown, as far as we know.

Specific vulnerabilities or risks I do not want to speculate on although I have my own thoughts and all this is quite subjective, unsubstantiated and just an alternative scenario in my opinion.

45 is early for menopause issues, although not for peri-menopause. I lost 5 years of sleep during mine and was pretty close to ending it all at times. Poor NB. And poor PA too.
I had severe symptoms from age 46, apparently still in perimenopause and symptoms can go on for 10 years for some people. Luckily I got HRT before I suffered for too long.

We obviously don’t know the full details as of yet, but it certainly proved too much for poor Caroline Flack.

This is just such a desperately sad case and I pray for the family that they get closure soon.
& Caroline Flack didn't have children... presume an automated Children's Services referral would have been made

''What is a high risk missing person?​

If someone is named as a high risk missing person, it means that the police believe there is a real and immediate threat to the safety of either them or to the public.

The level of risk is assessed based on the person's "vulnerabilities" and the circumstances of their disappearance.

For example, elderly people or children might attract a higher risk rating as they are more vulnerable.

Circumstances that would provoke a higher category include a suspicion of murder or the person having financial, employment or relationship problems.

What are the categories of risk for missing persons?​

There three risk categories for missing persons: low, medium and high.

Each of these indicates the level of danger to the person or the public.

Low suggests no apparent threat, while medium indicates a possible threat.

High means that the threat is both "real and immediate" according to Suffolk Police's website.''

Hmmm. How would that change the search strategy? Still looking for a missing person.

Because people who are under the influence will do all sorts of things that an average healthy sane rational person wouldn't. They physically move in a different way, they fail to notice dangers such as trip hazards, pot holes, they stumble, they bang their heads more. They take risks that others wouldn't - such as getting in a car with a passing stranger or climbing a tree or sitting on the edge of a sheer drop. They agree to things they wouldn't normally, they become sexually disinhibited (such as going home with a stranger or having sex with someone they wouldn't normally). They get mad ideas in their head such as going off on a bender or suddenly travelling to somewhere on a whim.

Most importantly, a vulnerable woman who is struggling with active drinking, being in withdrawal, not being able to cope well emotionally is at the utmost risk from everything to being murdered by a partner, getting into a high conflict situations, being picked up or abducted by a predator :(

I am going to believe NB is alive. I hope she has fled.

I haven’t caught up yet but this gives me some hope that she did just leave of her own accord.
So I was just wondering if a sleuther on here who knows more than me would be able to see if the buses that go along Garstang Road have dash cam or interior camera.
There is a bus stop outside the grapes , thankyou

I'm shocked they released this information, I work for an organisation in the UK as a counsellor with people who have various MH problems including those that may be a risk for self harm and suicide, breaking Nicola's right to privacy and confidentiality with the press like this is very surprising.

''Meanwhile, Ms Smith said amateur sleuths and social media video-makers who have been coming up with their own theories about Ms Bulley have "distracted significantly" from police efforts to find her.

"In 29 years' police service I've never seen anything like it. Some of it's been quite shocking and really hurtful to the family," she said.''

''Ms Smith added that a glove found near to where Ms Bulley disappeared does not belong to her.

She said: "In terms of the glove that has been recovered, you'll no doubt be aware that TikTokers have been playing their own private detectives and have been in the area... it is not Nicola's but we have got that in our possession."

Ms Smith also spoke about a work call Ms Bulley was logged into on Microsoft Teams when she disappeared.

She added there had been "lots of speculation about this" but she would "never have had the microphone or camera on because it was an informal session".

I find it odd, that if her partner had disclosed all this information to them early on, why they would be so sure she had gone in the river - yet he is so adamant she hasn't. That doesn't really make sense to me.

I could understand it if he had rang and said x, y and z has happened and I am worried she might be suicidal. We need to check the river, quick - but it appears he doesn't think that. He seems to think it's something else. Maybe it's straight up denial from him (as in he doesn't want to believe it) but I can't bring the two perspectives together.

So very sad for them all, whatever has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90