Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had time now to sit and think about the information LE have released tonight, it’s terrible. Terrible for Nicola. Terrible for her parents to read that, and her children eventually.

Does going through menopause and having a bit of a drink problem equal going into the water - no it does not. I did say earlier that I didn’t like the attitude of the woman at the presser, this still stands. She seemed more worried about her reputation with the backlash she has been facing from the public than anything else and now this tonight…

So, what we know, according to LE, from PA, is that Nicola had a drink problem previously and currently because of menopause.

We also know that police had to be called to the home on the 10th jan. Doesn’t state why, or who was at fault but it’s disturbing to me that they’ve released that information along with the suggestion from her partner that nicola was a menopausal alcoholic.

Are they trying to say that she was so “unstable” that she must have went into the water by choice and this is why they didn’t cordon anything off as a crime scene?

Websleuths are completely against victim blaming but the biggest victim blaming for me right now is what has been released to the public tonight.

I don’t know, I’m just so disappointed in how this has been dealt with from day one, I can only imagine how her parents feel.

Here’s a screenshot of the two bus stops in both directions , the nearest bus stops to the exit of the fields by the iron bridge which has no cctv.
it’s possible the bus stop opposite the garage is covered by the garages cctv but the other one on the garage side won’t be. Could it be possible that she just got on a bus?
Buses have CCTV.

UK is up there as one of the most surveilled countries. Guessing by your use of the word “ya’ll” that youre American ;)
And yes we have cctv on trains also, not for fancy reasons at all haha!

But surely they must have run this decision via the NCA first
Wouldn't the protocols be different here because risk assessment was life or death situation?

( NCA has been partnering them on their investigation because NCA are the go-to organisation in all misper cases)
I'm pretty sure it came from the top.
It's a frenzy out there still.
They had to do it.
But I don't know what it will take to calm the mob.
PF stirring it up again.

I have a feeling police will be funded now for their own specialty diving equipment, an 1800khz side scanner will set them back about 56k..

I’m slightly baffled by people complaining about the fact the police have released this information. The threads on this site have now attracted tens of thousands of sometimes wildly speculative posts, many of them either prompted by or else complaining about a lack of clarity from the police. What exactly do people here want?

And outside of the bus. Would be interesting to see how often the buses ran and what time they were due at the bus stops along the routes

Infrequent by the looks of it. Hourly this Friday.
Can't see how she would have got on a bus without being recognised after all this publicity.

Seems likely that unless she entered the water below the weir, she has to be in the local area still.

I live in a different part of the UK, but all our local buses have cctv on the bus. I’d be surprised if they didn’t in this day and age.
is it public? I know with the Sarah Everard case some people did post bus cctv footage but I have no idea about it.

But surely they must have run this decision via the NCA first
Wouldn't the protocols be different here because risk assessment was life or death situation?

( NCA has been partnering them on their investigation because NCA are the go-to organisation in all misper cases)

I have no idea about about the NCA, RA being so serious then I'd expect them to share the information with the professionals involved where necessary, Peter Faulding has tweeted that if he knew his approach to the search would have been different, I imagine that means he wouldn't have only concentrated on the bench and close to the bench - but to tell the press this many days on, is that in the best interests of Nicola?

I'm pretty sure it came from the top.
It's a frenzy out there still.
They had to do it.
But I don't know what it will take to calm the mob.
PF stirring it up again.

I have a feeling police will be funded now for their own specialty diving equipment, an 1800khz side scanner will set them back about 56k..

If I had the energy I'd go and try and find some details on College of Policing or NCA's protocol PDF.

Has LE known of her “issues and menopause” since day 1? Do we know?
I get why LE said about alcohol after saying about “vulnerabilities”, but I don’t get why they said “menopause” why would they have thought it a good idea to say this lady was going through menopause and was turning to alcohol to deal with it! Like I really don’t see the need to give the public that info? To say there was problems In the past with alcohol would have been sufficient info? That could possibly shed a bit of light onto why they believe the falling in the river? But to then give the reason why alcohol could have become a problem (again) as menopause! I’m quite angry and sad about that! JMO

It would possibly no longer give validation to the statement in some peoples opinion.
I'm not picking on your comment, just quoting because I think it highlights what I really want to express:

The opinion of individual members of the public doesn't matter.

IMO, enjoy your opinions, discuss them, create a youtube channel if you must, just don't make the mistake of believing they coincide with the truth.

When people start believing their uninformed speculation and opinions are true, that's called delusion. Same as if you believe in zombies and lizard people, it's time to get a grip on yourself and get back to paying attention to your own life and mental health.

JMO

Surely it is better to allow wild speculation than to release such sensitive personal information for the world to read?

I am honestly saddened that this had to be released. It hasnt been done for the sake of finding Nicola and if anything it has now stirred up even more social media frenzy.

I get why LE said about alcohol after saying about “vulnerabilities”, but I don’t get why they said “menopause” why would they have thought it a good idea to say this lady was going through menopause and was turning to alcohol to deal with it! Like I really don’t see the need to give the public that info? To say there was problems In the past with alcohol would have been sufficient info? That could possibly shed a bit of light onto why they believe the falling in the river? But to then give the reason why alcohol could have become a problem (again) as menopause! I’m quite angry and sad about that! JMO
IMO the mention of the earlier incident where police and mental health teams were brought to the house in January, may be something akin to suicidal episode - which is why they were so set on the river. MOO JMOO IMOO (and all the rest of the acronyms)

I have no idea about about the NCA, RA being so serious then I'd expect them to share the information with the professionals involved where necessary, Peter Faulding has tweeted that if he knew his approach to the search would have been different, I imagine that means he wouldn't have only concentrated on the bench and close to the bench - but to tell the press this many days on, is that in the best interests of Nicola?
I'd better not give my specific reply on PF's most recent statement!

re the other part

I don't know what is in the best interests of a misper when there's a risk to life but I am sure that the National Crime Agency must know ( c 200k people go missing every year, someone is reported every 9 seconds, I find it hard to believe that the confidentiality & disclosure issue is new to them )

Somebody on WS who routinely follows all the misper cases may know this already

Last edited:
I would suspect that very few people knew she was an alcoholic, what benefit is there to releasing this information? The kids most likely didnt know but they will now.

I don't think the police should have went into specific details on her health issues - physical or mental. That is a private matter for her family.

There is no shame to her having issues but I just don't think the general public needed to be aware of specifics and feel even more sorry for her family and kids that it has been broadcast.

If Nicola had wanted to speak about her issues then she could have done si herself however this decision was made without her consent, that is what I disagree with
Lancashire Constabulary are damned if they do, damned if they don’t! It’s very clear to see they have been trying to protect PA, the family, villagers & NB from the beginning. But each time the press conferences came and went, the speculation grew wilder and hunger for more information to feed the appetite of onlookers and media grew.

Last edited:
Surely it is better to allow wild speculation than to release such sensitive personal information for the world to read?

I am honestly saddened that this had to be released. It hasnt been done for the sake of finding Nicola and if anything it has now stirred up even more social media frenzy.
After watching the press conference, and a reporter insinuating they knew what the vulnerabilities are, it seems their hand was perhaps forced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx