Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of latest developments, it doesn't still explain why she hasn't been found yet though. If divers were in the water hours after she was last seen and air support / drones were there too, surely they'd have found something.
Some missing people who have been found in water has taken many weeks or months to be found, some not at all. Just because they haven’t found her in the water yet does not mean she isn’t there.

Press asking about 'vulnerabilities'.
Police aren't looking to elaborate.
But this is why she was graded high risk.
Mental health issues, pregnancy??

So let me get this straight. The police are saying Nicola never left those fields, there's no 3rd party involved (though they're keeping an open mind) and there's been an exhaustive, detailed search of everything in the location, the river all the way to the sea and yet .... Nicola has still not been located.
Right.
don't think its pregnancy - don't see a reason to hide or keep it private

Does anyone remember the sad case of Sally Allen? Had Christmas lunch with her family, watched evening Christmas TV. Walked out into the night, 13 miles and sadly took her life in the river. Just really reminds me of this.
I remember, I am local to that one. I agree this case did make me think back to Sally's.

Sunday Times reporter Hannah asks again to be told about the ' vulnerabilities' because she says she's just been texted three times on what they are ( since this was just revealed) and that if LP want to ' dial down the speculation' they might want to reveal that.

Gob-smacking

(considering the SIO has already explained twice why that is personal private information, known to them but must respect the privacy of the family)

This latest press conference only strengthens my belief that NB is almost certainly in that river somewhere. I’ve heard all the theories and suggestions, but there’s just nothing that suggests criminality as yet that seems to stick with what we know. JMHO.

I don't know how to describe it. Possibly a mix of exasperation and a need to protect her reputation at the same part. Attacking others about what they've said. I don't know. It's just a bad attitude. Maybe it's just me!
MOO, I think she’s probably fed up of the criticism of the investigation (warranted or not) and people running around the local area acting like Sherlock Holmes, wasting police time and generally getting in the way!

Edited to add: also probably trying desperately to get what the police see as facts into the public domain to attempt to squash the rumours, but I fear that saying about the potential vulnerabilities will just cause another wave of rumours and people digging about (in her family’s personal life)

<modsnip - quoted post and response removed>
She shut down alot of rumours and showed what the police have done away from the water - although they are still having that as their main focus.

I believe myself with what they have presented - she is in the water and we will see her in the coming weeks / months sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with saying NB had specific vulnerabilities, not explaining further and then asking people not to speculate, is that it does rather invite speculation...
I guess they were hoping that calling it private and saying that it is intensely damaging to the family of a missing person to speculate would appeal to people's sense of decency. I guess not.

This latest press conference only strengthens my belief that NB is almost certainly in that river somewhere. I’ve heard all the theories and suggestions, but there’s just nothing that suggests criminality as yet that seems to stick with what we know. JMHO.
I agree MachinaCollecta

Does anyone remember the sad case of Sally Allen? Had Christmas lunch with her family, watched evening Christmas TV. Walked out into the night, 13 miles and sadly took her life in the river. Just really reminds me of this.
Major difference. She was found

Vulnerabilities could cover such a wide range of issues - health, medication, someone not taking their prescription meds that they should be taking, mental health, depression, debt, pregnancy, some kind of addiction, stress and pressure (work and/or family issues), relationship breakdown, inter marital affairs, bereavement or previous attempts of suicide. The list is endless.
It could simply be that she had left without eating breakfast, had known blood pressure anomalies etc etc etc.

As regards the possibility that NB may have taken her own life - and to be clear, the police were not implying that - it still strikes me as odd that she would have been texting and doing a works call in the minutes before she disappeared, if that was her intention. Ah, I don't know. It's all so sad and puzzling. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth