Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcohol issues. Driven by menopause. Welfare check on Jan 10th.

I would be very hesitant to jump to a conclusion on the above. Alcohol issues come in many different forms and can be driven by a multitude of factors, not just the menopause. More so, welfare checks are rarely requested by the person they are intended for.

Oh my. That's not good. I wonder if there was a domestic dispute, what with the police being called as well. I wonder if the neighbours called the police? I hope it wasn't PA.
The poor children are really having a terrible time and it's not fair on them. They're at the age where they know what's going on too, and you can't pretend.
You can never pretend with children. I saw both of mine being born and I can assure you they know everything from the first breath.

Sky News has just read out the statement from police. She was suffering with alcohol & menopause issues.

I completely sympathise with this. I am a similar age to her with severe menopause symptoms & it can be awful for some women.

In light of this, the speculation about whether the vulnerability could have been a new pregnancy could have been extra upsetting for PA if he was aware of it (and NB if she is in any position to read it).

You can never pretend with children. I saw both of mine being born and I can assure you they know everything from the first breath.
I was just thinking that if they were younger, perhaps maybe approx. 5 years old, you may be able to tell white lies and get away with it.

But not if the eldest is 9 years old.

Oh my. That's not good. I wonder if there was a domestic dispute, what with the police being called as well. I wonder if the neighbours called the police? Or even PA himself? Oh dear.
Given how quickly the police moved to believing NB had gone in the river, I wonder if the house visit on Jan 10 might even have been a prior suicide attempt.

If you suffer chronic depression it’s still difficult to think you would leave the dog running loose.
People who are depressed - and especially those with thoughts of suicide - do not always act in a way we'd consider rational. They also sometimes act on the spur of the moment.

To stop and tie the dog up before jumping in the river would require you to stop, think through your actions, the likely consequences, and have concern for your dog's safety all while acting, potentially impulsively, to take your own life.

Missing mother Nicola Bulley had "some significant issues with alcohol" brought on by struggles with the menopause, police have said.

The 45-year-old went missing on 27 January during a riverside dog walk in St Michael's on Wyre.

Lancashire Police said Ms Bulley had been considered a high-risk missing person from the start of the investigation into her disappearance.

The force said it was called to a concern for welfare at her home last month.

Why didn’t they just tell us this in the beginning

Argh I don't understand why this is so confusing for everyone. All I am saying is *we don't know* whether she left or not, because there is no CCTV covering *her* usual exit. Ergo, had she left, we'd be none the wiser.

The police are saying she is most likely in the river, and whilst I agree that eventuality is *quite* likely, it is not necessarily true just because we don't have CCTV of her leaving. We don't have CCTV of her leaving *because we don't have CCTV*.

In the first few days, I also thought her being in the river was most likely, but this is where 3 weeks later, the lack of body and/or any evidence IMO decreases the likelihood she went in, and increases the likelihood she left voluntarily.

I hadn't wanted to speculate but since it's proving so hard for everyone to understand I will highlight just *some* of the possibilities given we haven't found her in the river:

1. She decided to leave, walked back along the river path, crossed the road, back onto river path the other side and took her life in a remote field.

2. She decided to leave, and has completed a 'Darwin's Canoe' (Google if you don't know)

3. She decided to leave, and is living with a friend/family/lover

I'm not saying any individual option is *likely*, I am saying that given the options are infinite, the combined probability is pretty close (or more than!) the river option for which we HAD no evidence, and still have no evidence. So I just wanted LP to say what gave them reason to speculate the river as opposed to every other infinite possibility for where she could be.

Hope that clears things up for you.

And to answer my own question of 'what gave them reason the suspect the river', the answer has just been released and it's clearly her struggles with alcohol.

This, obviously, increases the likelihood she went in the river (but still doesn't eliminate the possibility she just decided to leave and is somewhere *other* than the river).

It's a hard judgement for the police to not reveal personal private information, but IMO their reluctance to release this information has directly caused the speculation which hampered their investigation, and so I think to at least question that judgement is warranted.

As I've said my sister turned to alcohol due to postnatal depression that wasn't dealt with. She used drink to self medicate. Alcoholics hide drink and can appear sober cos their bodies get used to high intakes. My sister got very aggressive with my brother in law and he hid it for a long time but Police were called on several occasions. A lot of people mentioned that when PA was interviewed on Channel 5 it looked like he had a mark under his eye.. What I do find strange is that PA said the house was very organised on the morning she disappeared, which (from my experience with my sister who wouldn't cope with normal household chores if intoxicated) says to me NB was having a good day. I'm also somewhat surprised that PA would have let her drive with the children if he thought she wasn't fit to drive. I know my brother in law started to take the children to school because he didn't trust my sister to do it and in fairness she wouldn't have driven anyway, the kids were her life, which appears to be the case with NB. So I suppose I find it puzzling still how this would have affected her near the river. She was obviously sober enough to text her friend about a play date etc and to sign into a teams meeting. I still somehow can't see her being in the water but JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme