Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One other general point as again I’ve seen comments about her children will read/here the information released by the police (eventually)

IF that’s IF it is a suicide, I’d imagine at an appropriate point it’s better for children to know that their mother had “medical issues” rather than them struggling to understand why randomly their mother decided to leave them.

I guess I’m in the minority but I’m finding some of the reaction to this , to use a term again “pearl clutching” .

NB and PA did the walk regularly at this time. PA said in his interview that you see the same people each time on the walk. IMO NB knew who would be around and that someone would find Willow quickly.

The walk with Willow was clearly her happy place I don't think she was drinking during her walk but had made a decision about what she was going to do. I have said previously (before I knew about her vulnerable state of mind) that she wouldn't leave Willow anymore than she would her child. However, if she had made the decision to leave her family then I doubt she would worry about leaving Willow.
I see your point, but if she had planned it beforehand, why not take Willow home first?

If you were to walk away from your life or enter the river voluntarily, would you not tie up the dog so it wouldn't try to follow you. You would put the harness and lead on the dog. For the dog to be running loose it would have pulled the lead off of where it was tied and then free itself from the harness. Not a dog expert so not sure how easy that is for a dog.
It’s as easy as going out your front door and you wouldn’t tie them up in the house. You just tell them to sit and wait whilst you go through the gate and then they are stuck on the other side, or slide yourself through without allowing the dog to follow. As those fields are used for grazing at certain points in the year- the exits are designed to not allow animals to open and close them.

just watched a clip of PF on GBnews - he says if he knew about the vulnerabilities before he would have searched for whiskey bottles etc because suicide victims normally either take a sip of whiskey or pills before they.....(did this while he is on holiday in Cornwall)

OMG PF has my respect for coming forward to help but honestly he should now just SHUT UP !!!

Edit - he doesn't need to go this on TV as NB's kids and family may watch the news
I'm not PFs biggest fan because I do think he loves the sound of his own voice and blowing his own trumpet, but I think he has the right to be annoyed about this. Facts such as those revealed yesterday do make a difference and I wouldn't blame anyone, PF or otherwise, for feeling mislead.

I still wish he'd step back and put a filter on his mouth, of course.

One other general point as again I’ve seen comments about her children will read/here the information released by the police (eventually)

IF that’s IF it is a suicide, I’d imagine at an appropriate point it’s better for children to know that their mother had “medical issues” rather than them struggling to understand why randomly their mother decided to leave them.

I guess I’m in the minority but I’m finding some of the reaction to this , to use a term again “pearl clutching” .
There's a timing thing though. How they shouldn't find out about the possibility is by some other kid in the playground.

I hope they get some closure one way or another, and Paul and the kids need to be getting therapy.

JMO.

When I read the interview with PA where he spoke of the timeline between when Nicola normally returns from her walk, and how he became increasingly concerned that she hadnt returned.

It makes me wonder if he was worried about her being out alone, tracking the time of when she didn’t return. I say this because my husband would probably think “oh she’s decided to go to the shops, or got talking to someone” and not be overly concerned.
He seemed to know her routine and timelines quite well and kept track of her movements.

IMO JMO MOO
When I found out my OH started drinking again, I went OTT and tracked him to the minute. Shop trips, going to work, seeing family. I didn’t constantly call/text him but I was acutely aware of how long he’d been gone. It wasn’t a healthy process for either of us but there’s every chance this could’ve been the case for PA if NB’s “issues” had resurfaced. (MOO)

With regard to NB's employment history, she was most likely not working because she was a stay-at-home parent to small children. They do still exist! But equally, her LinkedIn profile is social media and not her CV, she may well have had other employment not relevant to her employment now. Dinner lady at a school, selling Avon, or involved in the business in some way for example. Equally her lack of employment or underemployment may be linked to the combination of having small children and her history with alcohol/mental health. But basically no job because of small children. JMO.

Respectfully, just because they need to know, it doesn't mean we need to know.

It is a big deal actually that the whole world knows about their mum's "medical issues" as you've put it. And that these girls will know that we know.

"My mum went missing when I was younger" as opposed to "My alcoholic menopausal mum went missing when I was younger" - which version do you think they would prefer?

It is a big deal actually that the whole world knows about their mum's "medical issues" as you've put it. And that these girls will know that we know.

"My mum went missing when I was younger" as opposed to "My alcoholic menopausal mum went missing when I was younger" - which version do you think they would prefer?
The last sentence refers not to the information they would hold but to what they know other people know.

In Keighly, West Yorkshire however there is public transport etc, from the oaks near Garstang Road ive added a pic on map, could she have got away from the area that way?, im not saying its her, just thought it was interesting. Screenshot_20230216_105647_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

I see your point, but if they'd been more honest from the start I think it's unlikely there would have been so much interest in the first place. Sadly, a person with problems going missing is not unusual or big news. A person who mysteriously vanishes without any reason or explanation is.
It’s a fine balance isn’t it.

If someone is voluntarily missing for whatever reason, and their very private personal struggles are suddenly made public, I can see that making it harder for them to return. It may even trigger a tragedy.

At the same time, most of us can read between the lines in a missing person case if from the outset there are references to a person being “vulnerable” and family concerns. It would probably influence searches and public reaction, which of course is why it’s being discussed in the media and here today.

I’m glad it’s not a decision I have to make, that‘s for sure.

I don’t think “menopausal” makes much odds. A natural female experience and NB was not too young for early menopause. Cannot see why that would be an issue at all.

“Alcoholic” is not the word the police used. But it’s also a matter of perspective as to whether a person would rather have an unexplained disappearance that could have been someone else harming their mother, versus their mother had a suspected unfortunate accident due to health problems. I don’t think personally I’d rather suspect my mother had come to harm at the hands of someone else.

It really comes down as to whether you think “alcohol issues” and “menopause” are pejorative terms. Is it that we want to think people always cope with things better than they might? Neither of those things are inherently negative IMO, just reflecting a life situation.

And I think you have highlighted an excellent point of a scenario such as this being a prime example of the kind of judgement and speculation that will arise from exposing such personal information, and that such negative revelations do not move the case any further forward to finding her
Who are you suggesting is judging here, me? If that is the case you are completely incorrect.

I see your point, but if she had planned it beforehand, why not take Willow home first?
But why return home if she had already made the decision to leave? This may have opened up further conversations that she didn't want to have. She left Willow in a place she knew she would be found quickly. I didn't say it was rational planning but if her plan was to vanish then she has certainly accomplished this. MOO

For what its worth, I can't and won't judge NB, or her family, based on what's been said in the last 24 hours. Life is tough, and covid, constant misery on the news etc. financial difficulties, hormonal issues, whatever are part of life. There's nothing to be ashamed of, if a person is struggling, and it sounds like NB was possibly struggling. Empathy is what's required, and a bit of 'there but for the grace of God go I'. I had a post deleted as it breached site rules, so I won't go into details, but I have experienced struggling family members as a child, and it was brushed under the carpet, as something to be embarrassed about, its nothing to be embarrassed about. I think the police statements are just adding some context, to a horrible situation, and it does not paint a negative picture of NB, or her family. Life can be tough.

I don’t think “menopausal” makes much odds. A natural female experience and NB was not too young for early menopause. Cannot see why that would be an issue at all.

“Alcoholic” is not the word the police used. But it’s also a matter of perspective as to whether a person would rather have an unexplained disappearance that could have been someone else harming their mother, versus their mother had a suspected unfortunate accident due to health problems. I don’t think personally I’d rather suspect my mother had come to harm at the hands of someone else.

It really comes down as to whether you think “alcohol issues” and “menopause” are pejorative terms. Is it that we want to think people always cope with things better than they might? Neither of those things are inherently negative IMO, just reflecting a life situation.
We all have private medical records for a reason. It should had remained a family matter. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish