Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was out of work for 9 years prior to 2022 when she got her current role as mortgage advisor. Quite a stretch to be unemployed but there's many variables that could attribute to her being out of work for so long
And perhaps reflects a personal decision coinciding with the birth of her children and enjoying the luxury of being a full time mother until they reached school age? The difference between not being able to secure employment and choosing not to compromise work and family life is more than feasible for some parents

Once again regarding the dog & her state of mind.
If it is a suicide I don’t think people are grasping what your mind is doing .
A friend of mine only last year, whose “dog is his baby” to use the term that some people like to use, drove him & has dog to one of his walking sites where you park right on the road that is the entrance to a quarry site so many many lorries turning in to it each day.
He ended his life along the footpath of the hill walk with the dog running free (in a place where if the dog had headed back to the car could have easily been hit by a lorry) .
IMO your mind is not functioning in the same way as people discussing it.
Exactly. Nobody knows what is going on in the mind.

It's not happening in every area, but there is a drive to have more targeted support for MH related 999/111 calls. So a 'mini team' visit in a paramedic car, who can assess, signpost, refer etc rather than just conveying distressed person to a&e to wait for assessment.
We try not to convey anyway. Unless actively suicidal and a risk, we try to refer on to mental health services, who will call or visit the patient the following day. In London, we have a mental health car with a mental health nurse and a paramedic, but there aren't many, so ordinary ambulances still go to a lot of the calls. In Nicola's case, it sounds like it was just the police anyway though. Tbh, I just find it all rather sad. It's put a completely new spin on the whole thing for me.

All my opinion, and frankly not worth much. I honestly believed an incident had happened, but given the news about NB's struggles and challenges, its not out of the question that her walks, as mentioned by other members here, could have been her place to have a drink, or similar, and something has gone wrong as a result of this, and her mental state. Addiction is an illness, and being an addict doesn't mean a person is unkind, or bad, despite addiction causing behaviour that could be seen as bad/poor/selfish/whatever. Alcohol is a complicated one, I have some first hand experience of a tee total female, who started drinking in her late 30s, and died within a decade, not what I was conditioned to believe was the typical path for this sort of thing.

One thing is for sure, its absolutely awful and God bless NB, and her family, there were clearly struggles and I doubt we know all of them, like so many others have, in this ever more complex world.

A friend of mine only last year, whose “dog is his baby” to use the term that some people like to use, drove him & has dog to one of his walking sites where you park right on the road that is the entrance to a quarry site so many many lorries turning in to it each day.
He ended his life along the footpath of the hill walk with the dog running free (in a place where if the dog had headed back to the car could have easily been hit by a lorry) .
Yes, it's hard to grasp for those of us who have never been suicidal. I've been at rock bottom, and although it took years of struggle to recover, thankfully I was never suicidal. My dog is my whole world, I put him first in everything. He's my reason for getting out of bed every morning. He's very dependent on me because of his vulnerabilities, and my worst fear is that I would die and he'd be left all alone. I just find it unimaginable that I could deliberately put his safety in danger.

Nicola Bulley: Police face backlash over missing woman's health details

Police investigating the disappearance of Nicola Bulley have been criticised for revealing personal details about the missing mum.

It's at 18.14 on this video of the press conference yesterday.
"...the work we have been doing might show that Nicola has been online..." are her words. Not what you are quoting on your original post. To me they are saying, or the words they might better have used, are "...the work we are doing might make it look as though Nicola has been online..."
That's the way I read it anyway.

I have concerns about the struggles with alcoholism being linked to the menopause and concerns that this is what has been reported. I hope to God that the police have thoroughly gone through all this with NB's GP and that what they are saying has some basis in fact and isn't just based upon information given to them by other people. There are many ways in which GPs can help with peri-meno or meno symptoms and this is why I am uncomfortable about the narrative currently being spun. To me, and this is just MOO, there are many red flags around this whole situation. Like many women I have a lot of intuition about people, even if I don't know them. I get an entirely good feeling about NB as a person and I feel deeply sorry for her. I have reservations elsewhere. JMO. MOO.

just watched a clip of PF on GBnews - he says if he knew about the vulnerabilities before he would have searched for whiskey bottles etc because suicide victims normally either take a sip of whiskey or pills before they.....(did this while he is on holiday in Cornwall)

OMG PF has my respect for coming forward to help but honestly he should now just SHUT UP !!!

Edit - he doesn't need to go this on TV as NB's kids and family may watch the news

I am not suggesting this is the case, but there is the possibility she got very inebriated very quickly at the bench and then stopped caring/blacked out, leaving her unable to 'care' so much about leaving the dog.
And I think you have highlighted an excellent point of a scenario such as this being a prime example of the kind of judgement and speculation that will arise from exposing such personal information, and that such negative revelations do not move the case any further forward to finding her

When I read the interview with PA where he spoke of the timeline between when Nicola normally returns from her walk, and how he became increasingly concerned that she hadnt returned.

It makes me wonder if he was worried about her being out alone, tracking the time of when she didn’t return. I say this because my husband would probably think “oh she’s decided to go to the shops, or got talking to someone” and not be overly concerned.
He seemed to know her routine and timelines quite well and kept track of her movements.

IMO JMO MOO
Or it might just be the type of person he is, rather than because he's worried about Nicola specifically. I absolutely know from experience that I'm the type of person to be a little worried at about 10 mins late, when it got to 15-20 mins I'd be freaking out no matter who it was, especially if they hadn't messaged me saying they'd be late.

Yep. I don't think many people really understand it who haven't experienced it. When you're at the point you are overriding every natural instinct your body has for self-preservation you have descended so far through rock bottom that trivialities like leaving a dog by the river really are of secondary importance.

If she has committed suicide, it could have been impulsive, it could have been entirely planned and she just wanted to have Willow close by and to give her one final walk.

The only person who can answer this is Nicola, and sadly I'm not sure we'll ever know.

"...the work we have been doing might show that Nicola has been online..." are her words. Not what you are quoting on your original post. To me they are saying, or the words they might better have used, are "...the work we are doing might make it look as though Nicola has been online..."
That's the way I read it anyway.
I think people are mishearing due to her accent. She says 'might show Nicola as being online'.

Yes, it's hard to grasp for those of us who have never been suicidal. I've been at rock bottom, and although it took years of struggle to recover, thankfully I was never suicidal. My dog is my whole world, I put him first in everything. He's my reason for getting out of bed every morning. He's very dependent on me because of his vulnerabilities, and my worst fear is that I would die and he'd be left all alone. I just find it unimaginable that I could deliberately put his safety in danger.
NB and PA did the walk regularly at this time. PA said in his interview that you see the same people each time on the walk. IMO NB knew who would be around and that someone would find Willow quickly.

The walk with Willow was clearly her happy place I don't think she was drinking during her walk but had made a decision about what she was going to do. I have said previously (before I knew about her vulnerable state of mind) that she wouldn't leave Willow anymore than she would her child. However, if she had made the decision to leave her family then I doubt she would worry about leaving Willow.

just watched a clip of PF on GBnews - he says if he knew about the vulnerabilities before he would have searched for whiskey bottles etc because suicide victims normally either take a sip of whiskey or pills before they.....(did this while he is on holiday in Cornwall)

OMG PF has my respect for coming forward to help but honestly he should now just SHUT UP !!!

Edit - he doesn't need to go this on TV as NB's kids and family may watch the news
To be fair I don't believe he's inviting himself on TV. His opinions are sought after due to his involvement in the search and how that could have been better directed had he had a greater knowledge of what he might have been dealing with and other aspects of evidence he might have looked for or been alerted to

His reputation is at stake and maybe also he feels he wasn't given all the facts and was therefore unable to conduct a proper and thorough search. Maybe he is aware that given a possible different state of mind of the misper this may have lead his search in a different way, as he says, there are possibly now different identifying clues that could lead to her whereabouts.

I don't necessarily agree either with the way in which he has conducted interviews or handled the press but he is entitled to his opinion as is everyone else.

Has it ever been reported that NB was carrying a water bottle at the time or other drinking vessel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1