Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to think she's flown to a treatment centre in South Africa. Since it's a missing persons enquiry then unless an organisation or institution was formally requested to disclose information then they wouldn't have to volunteer it. It would require a court order IMO
She would of course have needed her passport to fly out to South Africa. I feel by now her passport has been checked at home to make sure it is still there.

The Grapes pub is back along the path she took along the river. Is that the one where the police have said there is no CCTV?

From the press conference yesterday:

The area at the top of the field, Rowanwater, has CCTV that covers the gate that enters the field and the front of the site. That is working, the Site Managers have been cooperating with us and so supportive of this investigation at every stage, and we can say that Nicola has not entered that area or left. We can also say that nobody, that we haven't traced and spoken to and discounted, has left or entered Rowanwater. The second point on CCTV is Allotment Lane, again, we've been really really fortunate, despite it being such a rural area, that we've got numerous sights of CCTV on that road and that is why we can be confident that Nicola has not gone down that road. Unfortunately, the main entrance and exit to the fields is by the river path, as we refer to it, and that river path goes back to Garstang Rd. You can fork off slightly which takes you at the back of the Grapes Pub, which would bring you back onto the main road, but again, that is covered by CCTV and we know she hasn't left by that entrance.

So, talking about the river path - this has always been and, we've made this really clear in previous briefings and bulletins, that this has been our focus and to do this, because of the lack of CCTV on the main road, we've had to appeal, numerous times, for motorists and cyclists in the area to send us through any potential clips of dashcam. And our intention is to review every one of those, however small they might be, to make sure that on none of those Nicola is seen. At this stage, none of that dashcam has indicated that Nicola is there. However, I'd just like to point out we are still reviewing those pieces of information.

What I can say, which we have established only yesterday, was that if Nicola had left out of the river path and turned right she has not reached the Grape Pub and we can say that because we have CCTV covering both sides of that pavement.

Today’s statement by NB’s family paints a very different picture from the one described by PA is his TV interview, where the general impression was of a happy, thriving family. I’m finding it hard to reconcile the two.
To be fair, my opinion as a complete stranger, was that Nicola was a thriving, happy, popular, confident woman ..based on her wonderful Facebook dog walk photos and posts.

You're not going to want to reveal it though are you? She probably was fun when she was happy and healthy. If you think she has gone off due to some sort of MH crisis you're not going to want to reveal that to the world, I'm not sure that makes her more likely to come back. People are judgemental and no one would choose to walk around with the banner "I've got health issues" slapped to their forehead.
If they had a fair idea that further details would be revealed by LP, I wonder if some people who watched the interview are thinking that it might have been better if PA had directly appealed to Nicola to come home during his interview. He could have touched on some issues without going into the specific details and he could have used the interview as an opportunity to promote the fact that if she is out there and scared to come home, offering a heartfelt plea to come home, offering any help that she needs, love and support. I think with him painting the picture of a completely different family dynamic to what everyone now knows is not reality, it might have been better if he hadn’t made out like everyone was fine.

Just been looking at bus times. The number 42 bus

Morecambe - Garstang - Blackpool​

leaves at 9.24am on Fridays from o/s Grapes pub. Just checking on map where that is

Can't find a link but I'm convinced that in one of the earlier press conferences, it was stated that local bus companies had been asked for their on-board cctv.

The police would know if she’d used her passport since everything is digital these days. It’s also one of the first things they ask in a misper case - where is their passport.

She could have 'connections' with private jet!? OK so that's a bit far out. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as devil’s advocate, it’s not wrong to want to tell/sell a story that for example was in the public interest. Many crimes, mysteries, have been solved this way, not that I am suggesting any crime. Somebody sold the story of a criminal reoffending on being released from prison and given a new identity after a notorious child murder. Ditto, many stories of historic child abuse were alerted by people/victims going to the press.
But this is a live missing persons case which is somewhat different imo. If she returns and wants to sell her story or the family wants to tell its story at a later time that's ok.

Why didn't they simply say that Nicola had been suffering from anxiety? End of. No mention of any "significant issues with alcohol", that was absolutely terrible in my opinion, and, we didn't need to know that, it's a very personal thing
Because SM would have said she was in a DV situation. Plus someone has threatened to sell stories about her, better to control the narrative.

)Sorry - delete of this duplicates - posted the reply on the wrong place)

NB could also have walked downstream on the track alongside the riverbank (or even in the shallow river at this point) which is to the right of the bench facing the water (hugs the water edge / below and out of sight of the tow path above where she came in).

She could then have walked under the road bridge to the riverside track on the otherside to reach the open countryside you describe - if helicopters were not deployed until the afternoon (can’t remember the time) she could have covered maybe 10 miles - so a huge area to search if she decided to end her life on land and also getting into deep tidal water quite quickly.

If she didn’t go under the road bridge she could have cut up just before it from the riverside track to the towpath entrance/exit and as you say crossed the road with no CCTV to join the river path on the otherside. Taking this lower track from the bench would mean she would be v unlikely to come face to face with other walkers or be seen as there are trees and shrubs and the bank is steep. Also I don’t think that there is a path on the opposite side of the riverbank from the bench further down by the weir and bridge - so less chance of being seen by any other walkers.
Interesting! I didn’t realise the path also went under the bridge - as you suggest, if she was trying to make an exit (or just access the river lower down) - that’s seems an even easier route to take.

Personally, I still consider the police hypothesis most likely - but as you mention this route does open a huge land area that may not have been searched as thoroughly but is seemingly accessible on foot, if there was any attempt at self-harm. (Or travel beyond, of course, though IMO the probability of that is even lower)

Where does she even go if not the river for her to not be found by now assuming she disappeared voluntarily? I wonder if there are any favourite spots, places etc of hers within a reasonable walking distance. Any local beauty spots. She seemed to like walking and being active.

I still want to see the left turn she could’ve taken up the path that was out of sight of cctv. It could be the key (& main reason for dashcam footage request).

They can do both! The media hand their dossiers to the police. And ask for official police quote. Also they should ask the family for their side of a story before running it. In which event an unhappy family/subject of a story can ask IPSO in the UK to intervene. It’s not well known but the media co-operate with police appeals in kidnappings. And, I believe, if police had said “vulnerable” from the outset, the media would have accepted that. Remember people go missing every day and the press don’t mess up police investigating such cases. In fact, they help with coverage. Police often “give a steer” to the media to stop them getting it wrong. But ultimately, the police aren’t the arbiters of a free press.
Media would never have accepted a vulnerable statement.

Such a shame as HRT is such a life changer for many.
Off topic I know and I apologise if admin don't allow. Couldn't agree more Suzy. I know there are possible risks but its truly a wonderdrug for many and enables many women to function and move onwards with the normal everyday things of caring for children, running a house and in many cases caring for aged parents as well as working. But sadly there are those ladies that menopause hits, and hits hard, totally upending their lives. I know there have been comments online about menopause and her starting it early. Well, my beloved late Mother started perimenopause at the age of 36. Women can start this journey at a very young age. I say give them all the help they need.

I still want to see the left turn she could’ve taken up the path that was out of sight of cctv. It could be the key (& main reason for dashcam footage request).

I believe the left turn would have taken her over the bridge past the church, towards the school, where seemingly CCTV coverage picks up again… there are not really any obvious exits between those points.

as you turn left, we're trawling all that area for any CCTV that we have got but the main road, that area there, isn't covered, unfortunately. So, from the iron bridge to the school, if you will, there is nothing there which is why it's so important for the dashcam

Interesting! I didn’t realise the path also went under the bridge - as you suggest, if she was trying to make an exit (or just access the river lower down) - that’s seems an even easier route to take.

Personally, I still consider the police hypothesis most likely - but as you mention this route does open a huge land area that may not have been searched as thoroughly but is seemingly accessible on foot, if there was any attempt at self-harm. (Or travel beyond, of course, though IMO the probability of that is even lower)

I also noted on your map that if she did walk downstream that way it’s actually on the way back to her house in the village of Inskip (on your map on at the bottom of the attachment on the LHS of the river) - might be cross country footpaths - it doesn’t look too far to walk.

That’s just basically returning the same way she came in - along the main road across the metal footbridge towards the church and school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman